What kind of local handicrafts/curios are good buys in Bangkok? And what are best places to shop these? We aren't too keen on precious stones or clothes; more interested in handicrafts or even kitchen utensils - say a Som Tum papaya "shredder" if such a thing exists?!
Also, since we are big foodies and typically love to wander through the local grocery stores picking up interesting looking foods to try. Whats a good store to do this especially for Thai curry pastes etc?
We are going to be staying near the Chitlom BTS.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary!
- 2 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 3 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 4 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 5 Mumbai short visit
- 6 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 7 Thailand Guides
- 8 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 9 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 10 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 11 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 12 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 13 Phuket Beaches
- 14 India itinerary critique please
- 15 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 16 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 17 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 18 Magical India
- 19 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 20 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 21 Vientiane and ??
- 22 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 23 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 24 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 25 Luggage size China ?