My partner and are are currently on a world tour and are in the process of applying for visa's for Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan with a view to visit these countries late June, early July.
Turkmenistan will be travelled on a Transit visa so we won't have much time there, our route is Turkmenbashi, Ashgabat, Darvaza Gas Craters, Konye Urgench.
In Uzbekistan our route is Nukus, Aral Sea, Khiva, Bukhara, Samarkand.
Keen to understand if our destinations of choice are worth visiting or are we missing something, would love recommendations on things to do, places to stay and any good advice for travelling in these countries.
In addition we are looking for two other people who may also be keen to do a tour to Darvaza Gas Craters and Aral Sea (appreciate a messy question when we aren't able to give dates for the tour yet)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 2 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 3 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 4 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 5 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 6 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 7 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 8 Japan GTG, early April
- 9 Beijing tours
- 10 Tour Agency Recommendation
- 11 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 12 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 13 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 14 Takayama trail, Japan
- 15 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 16 1 day itinerary in Busan
- 17 Trip report : Annapurna Circuit October 2016
- 18 Japan - Will We Get Lost?
- 19 On the road again - to Incredible India.
- 20 Cambodia to Vietnam e-visa image format
- 21 Nakasendo Walk: Some help please
- 22 Visa for India
- 23 Best place to buy real cheap designer bags ?
- 24 Hútòng Walking
- 25 Asia Forum Fans: Craig and Jeane Visit Ecuador and the Galapagos