My partner and are are currently on a world tour and are in the process of applying for visa's for Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan with a view to visit these countries late June, early July.
Turkmenistan will be travelled on a Transit visa so we won't have much time there, our route is Turkmenbashi, Ashgabat, Darvaza Gas Craters, Konye Urgench.
In Uzbekistan our route is Nukus, Aral Sea, Khiva, Bukhara, Samarkand.
Keen to understand if our destinations of choice are worth visiting or are we missing something, would love recommendations on things to do, places to stay and any good advice for travelling in these countries.
In addition we are looking for two other people who may also be keen to do a tour to Darvaza Gas Craters and Aral Sea (appreciate a messy question when we aren't able to give dates for the tour yet)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sim cards and adaptors
- 2 Sri Lanka Visa
- 3 Hoi Ann hotel
- 4 Hotel in Hanoi
- 5 Place to stay Hue
- 6 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 7 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 8 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 9 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 10 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 11 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 12 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 13 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 14 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 15 India help needed
- 16 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 17 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 18 Trekking outside Sapa
- 19 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 20 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 21 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 22 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 23 Go to Pai or not?
- 24 Ko Kraden hotels
- 25 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake