My husband will be working in Kyoto for 5 days and only has 2 of those to sightsee. I am in charge of putting together an itinirary that manages to pack in as much as possible. So far,this is all I have....please help. Also restaurant recommendations appreciated. We prefer to eat away from "touristy",crowded areas. Here it goes-taking the Nozomi train from the Tokyo station and arrieving at Kyoto @12:08. Hotel has a free shuttle to get us. We are staying @ the WestinMiyako near the station. Quick snak and off to the Phylosopher's Trail. Will start at the south end(Nanzenji) and get in to the last temple before it closes at 5. Dinner at the end of this trail at Kisaki Yudofu at 6pm. That is all I have so far;also will the hotel get the permits we need to tour the palace. Any help would be greatly apppreciated.
tight schedule in Kyoto-how to manage free time well
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali - recommendations for car and driver?
- 2 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 3 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 4 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 5 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 6 Indonesian visa update
- 7 anyone been to minsk aircraft carrier, Shenzhen while staying in Kowloon
- 8 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 9 Destination Bangkok, again
- 10 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 11 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 12 Vietnam October 2014
- 13 Distance from Tokyo to port of Yokohama
- 14 Interesting article about "Good News" being tweeted about Tibet
- 15 Shoes for 6 inches of water
- 16 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 17 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 18 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 19 3 days in Teheran
- 20 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 21 £0 day visa exempt - 30 day extension
- 22 Myranmar VISA
- 23 new visa fees for Indonesia as of mid-July, 2014
- 24 slightly... paranoid parent
- 25 Takayama vs. Matsumoto