My husband will be working in Kyoto for 5 days and only has 2 of those to sightsee. I am in charge of putting together an itinirary that manages to pack in as much as possible. So far,this is all I have....please help. Also restaurant recommendations appreciated. We prefer to eat away from "touristy",crowded areas. Here it goes-taking the Nozomi train from the Tokyo station and arrieving at Kyoto @12:08. Hotel has a free shuttle to get us. We are staying @ the WestinMiyako near the station. Quick snak and off to the Phylosopher's Trail. Will start at the south end(Nanzenji) and get in to the last temple before it closes at 5. Dinner at the end of this trail at Kisaki Yudofu at 6pm. That is all I have so far;also will the hotel get the permits we need to tour the palace. Any help would be greatly apppreciated.
tight schedule in Kyoto-how to manage free time well
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 2 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 3 Japan: best time to go?
- 4 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May
- 5 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 6 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 7 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 8 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 9 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 10 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 11 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia
- 12 7 Days in Sri Lanka
- 13 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 14 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 15 Magical India
- 16 Visit To Goa
- 17 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 18 Myanmar Tour- Odysseys Unlimited or Asia Transpacific
- 19 Pindaya -to visit or not?
- 20 BLS International - Frustrating Passport Renewal Process
- 21 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 22 Bangkok-Skytrain Update
- 23 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 24 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 25 How much would it cost to have dental implants done in India?