My husband will be working in Kyoto for 5 days and only has 2 of those to sightsee. I am in charge of putting together an itinirary that manages to pack in as much as possible. So far,this is all I have....please help. Also restaurant recommendations appreciated. We prefer to eat away from "touristy",crowded areas. Here it goes-taking the Nozomi train from the Tokyo station and arrieving at Kyoto @12:08. Hotel has a free shuttle to get us. We are staying @ the WestinMiyako near the station. Quick snak and off to the Phylosopher's Trail. Will start at the south end(Nanzenji) and get in to the last temple before it closes at 5. Dinner at the end of this trail at Kisaki Yudofu at 6pm. That is all I have so far;also will the hotel get the permits we need to tour the palace. Any help would be greatly apppreciated.
tight schedule in Kyoto-how to manage free time well
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 2 KTM via nonstop United Business toChengdu vs Asiana Chengdu via Seoul
- 3 visiting Sapa and local markets
- 4 Kathie's Machu Picchu trip report is now available
- 5 Ubud - Home Rental Locations?
- 6 Help! Which to choose?
- 7 North Vietnam Again!
- 8 Castle & King
- 9 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 10 Unforgettable visit to Leh-Ladakh, India
- 11 India: Visa on arrival for USA psprt
- 12 One week in Thailand
- 13 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 14 Indonesia for 10 days with kids
- 15 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 16 India and Nepal 2014
- 17 Independent female traveller
- 18 Tour company practices
- 19 Saigon - Hotel Majestic Xmas Ornament - free
- 20 Thailand Honeymoon - HELP NEEDED!
- 21 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 22 Festival tour in Tibet in this season 2015
- 23 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?
- 24 Passport Safety
- 25 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)