Feeling overwhelmed by all the options in Thailand and could use some direction!
We are a family of 4 (myself, husband, 2 boys -- 6 and 8) that will be traveling to Thailand between December and January. Some things about us, so that we can get some good feedback:
1. First time to Thailand
2. Experienced travelers
3. Prefer to stay mid-range on accommodations, with houses with yard or some space for kids to run around, with wifi, if possible
4. I don't like being constantly overwhelmed by crowds
5. NOT looking to party or do a lot of shopping
6. We have varied interests -- I like historical stuff, husband likes beach stuff
7. We LOVE to find fun, out of the way places to visit
8. We plan to have a car
9. We plan to maybe visit 2-4 locations, so that we can get settled and then go out exploring
I would love some suggestions on places to locate during our stay and then places to visit around our locations. I realize that we will probably need to stay in Bangkok (or very close) for the first 2 days to get situated, especially with the kiddos. Otherwise, I am completely open to suggestions!!
Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bus travel Luang Prabang to Xishuangbanna. Anyone?
- 2 @(1800.841.6436 )@$
- 3 %$ @(1800.841.6436 )
- 4 Phuket Airport Transportation
- 5 Phuket airport to Kata
- 6 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 7 4.5 days in Singapore
- 8 http://naturalsmaleenhancement.com/dansmoke/
- 9 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 10 9 days in Bali
- 11 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 12 A fun week in Bangkok!
- 13 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
- 14 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 15 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 16 Italy from an Asian base
- 17 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 18 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 19 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 20 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 21 Activation of JR Pass
- 22 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 23 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 24 My new 10 year china visa
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!