Feeling overwhelmed by all the options in Thailand and could use some direction!
We are a family of 4 (myself, husband, 2 boys -- 6 and 8) that will be traveling to Thailand between December and January. Some things about us, so that we can get some good feedback:
1. First time to Thailand
2. Experienced travelers
3. Prefer to stay mid-range on accommodations, with houses with yard or some space for kids to run around, with wifi, if possible
4. I don't like being constantly overwhelmed by crowds
5. NOT looking to party or do a lot of shopping
6. We have varied interests -- I like historical stuff, husband likes beach stuff
7. We LOVE to find fun, out of the way places to visit
8. We plan to have a car
9. We plan to maybe visit 2-4 locations, so that we can get settled and then go out exploring
I would love some suggestions on places to locate during our stay and then places to visit around our locations. I realize that we will probably need to stay in Bangkok (or very close) for the first 2 days to get situated, especially with the kiddos. Otherwise, I am completely open to suggestions!!
Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 BROTHER@ Password Reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 3 Recommend the best way to get to Hoi An from Hue
- 4 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 5 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 6 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 7 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 8 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 9 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 10 Something about... Malaysia
- 11 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 12 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 13 Budget Servied Apt
- 14 Terracotta Warriors
- 15 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 16 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 17 hiking japan sept
- 18 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 19 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 20 The best way to My Son
- 21 Japan Itinerary!
- 22 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 23 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 24 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 25 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report