Feeling overwhelmed by all the options in Thailand and could use some direction!
We are a family of 4 (myself, husband, 2 boys -- 6 and 8) that will be traveling to Thailand between December and January. Some things about us, so that we can get some good feedback:
1. First time to Thailand
2. Experienced travelers
3. Prefer to stay mid-range on accommodations, with houses with yard or some space for kids to run around, with wifi, if possible
4. I don't like being constantly overwhelmed by crowds
5. NOT looking to party or do a lot of shopping
6. We have varied interests -- I like historical stuff, husband likes beach stuff
7. We LOVE to find fun, out of the way places to visit
8. We plan to have a car
9. We plan to maybe visit 2-4 locations, so that we can get settled and then go out exploring
I would love some suggestions on places to locate during our stay and then places to visit around our locations. I realize that we will probably need to stay in Bangkok (or very close) for the first 2 days to get situated, especially with the kiddos. Otherwise, I am completely open to suggestions!!
Thanks so much!!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 manaslu trekking Nepal in september
- 2 http://testosteronesboosterweb.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-no2/
- 3 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 4 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 5 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 6 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 7 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 8 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 9 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 10 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 11 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 12 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 13 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 14 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 15 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 16 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 17 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 18 Totally unprepared
- 19 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 20 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 21 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 22 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 23 An island paradise?
- 24 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu
- 25 Need some help with my final itinerary