My wife and I are heading to SE Asia next May for two weeks and we need help!
Goals; 1- Beach for at least 4 days. 2- Angkor Wat 3- Day with elephants.
Plan as of now (please give advise on hotels/hostels, if this plan is awful & you have better ideas etc)
Start with 2 days in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Spend a day exploring and a day with Elephants
Next spend 2-3 days at Angkor Wat
End with an overnight cruise in Ha Long Bay and the last days at a beach in Northern Vietnam.
1-will it be too cold in May to go sunbathing/enjoy the water in N. Vietnam? What are some good beach/island hotels in Ha Long Bay?
2- Mid-range $100 or so a night hotels near Angkor Wat?
Thank you so much for your insight!
Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam, Help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 2 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 3 Anyone book tour with Vietnam Private Tours?
- 4 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 5 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 6 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 7 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 8 India with 4 kids
- 9 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 10 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 11 Travel during China national week?
- 12 Destination Bangkok, again
- 13 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 14 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 15 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 16 trip to sapa not taking a tour
- 17 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 18 Jeep Safari in Bandhavgarh National Park, India
- 19 Shanghai, reasonable hotel near the Bund and public transport
- 20 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 21 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)
- 22 Bagan Guide Recommendation
- 23 Jakarta or Kuala Lumpor
- 24 Popular Thai hi-so restaurants... Any suggestions?
- 25 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang