My wife and I are heading to SE Asia next May for two weeks and we need help!
Goals; 1- Beach for at least 4 days. 2- Angkor Wat 3- Day with elephants.
Plan as of now (please give advise on hotels/hostels, if this plan is awful & you have better ideas etc)
Start with 2 days in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Spend a day exploring and a day with Elephants
Next spend 2-3 days at Angkor Wat
End with an overnight cruise in Ha Long Bay and the last days at a beach in Northern Vietnam.
1-will it be too cold in May to go sunbathing/enjoy the water in N. Vietnam? What are some good beach/island hotels in Ha Long Bay?
2- Mid-range $100 or so a night hotels near Angkor Wat?
Thank you so much for your insight!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 2 Buying jewelry in India
- 3 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 4 Bangkok for 3 nights, first time
- 5 i Lanka Tea Plantaion Stay
- 6 Phuket Weather
- 7 Jaipur's Gem Palace
- 8 If choice is necessary: Ninh Binh or Ba Be ?
- 9 Mongolia itinerary
- 10 Buying Jewelry in India
- 11 Indochina Junk - Which vessel?
- 12 TMI re Northern Vietnam rural "homestays"?
- 13 Cooking class in Rajasthan India.
- 14 New Delhi - What to see?
- 15 Another Vietnam Visa Question
- 16 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 17 Dental Work in Bangkok
- 18 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 19 Information on India Tour Company
- 20 Davao Travel and sights, to do's
- 21 Trekking in India
- 22 Tianzi Mountain in Sichuan
- 23 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 24 hanoi eats
- 25 Universal Studios Japan crowd levels in late November 2015?