My wife and I are heading to SE Asia next May for two weeks and we need help!
Goals; 1- Beach for at least 4 days. 2- Angkor Wat 3- Day with elephants.
Plan as of now (please give advise on hotels/hostels, if this plan is awful & you have better ideas etc)
Start with 2 days in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Spend a day exploring and a day with Elephants
Next spend 2-3 days at Angkor Wat
End with an overnight cruise in Ha Long Bay and the last days at a beach in Northern Vietnam.
1-will it be too cold in May to go sunbathing/enjoy the water in N. Vietnam? What are some good beach/island hotels in Ha Long Bay?
2- Mid-range $100 or so a night hotels near Angkor Wat?
Thank you so much for your insight!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 2 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 3 Christmas in the Alps
- 4 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 5 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 6 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 7 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 8 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 9 Laos or Kerala?
- 10 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 11 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 12 Bali & Singapore in October
- 13 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 14 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 15 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 16 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 17 Booking on the fly
- 18 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 19 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 20 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 21 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 22 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 23 like my food
- 24 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 25 Portable wifi rental