My wife and I are heading to SE Asia next May for two weeks and we need help!
Goals; 1- Beach for at least 4 days. 2- Angkor Wat 3- Day with elephants.
Plan as of now (please give advise on hotels/hostels, if this plan is awful & you have better ideas etc)
Start with 2 days in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Spend a day exploring and a day with Elephants
Next spend 2-3 days at Angkor Wat
End with an overnight cruise in Ha Long Bay and the last days at a beach in Northern Vietnam.
1-will it be too cold in May to go sunbathing/enjoy the water in N. Vietnam? What are some good beach/island hotels in Ha Long Bay?
2- Mid-range $100 or so a night hotels near Angkor Wat?
Thank you so much for your insight!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 2 Cambodia & Vietnam- 2 Weeks with Kids
- 3 Footing on Druk Trek in Bhutan?
- 4 15 Days in Japan, Need Help With Last Two
- 5 Vietnam, Laos, Siem Reap, Chiang Rai - ? the right # days/order of travel??
- 6 Krabi? Phuket? Phi Phi?
- 7 Return of tourism to Nepal
- 8 Great Wall in a wheelchair
- 9 Off the Beaten Path Near Kanazawa?
- 10 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 11 Yangon Birthday Dinner
- 12 Best beaches in Sri Lanka
- 13 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 14 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 15 Eating in India
- 16 Trekking in India
- 17 What does a Japan Rail Pass really do?
- 18 Hong Kong Layover at Night
- 19 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 20 Sri Lanka plan
- 21 Vietnam - September 2015
- 22 A tour operator overwhelmingly mentioned on another site
- 23 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 24 Private guide and driver for India
- 25 Hong Kong - help please.