My wife and I are heading to SE Asia next May for two weeks and we need help!
Goals; 1- Beach for at least 4 days. 2- Angkor Wat 3- Day with elephants.
Plan as of now (please give advise on hotels/hostels, if this plan is awful & you have better ideas etc)
Start with 2 days in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Spend a day exploring and a day with Elephants
Next spend 2-3 days at Angkor Wat
End with an overnight cruise in Ha Long Bay and the last days at a beach in Northern Vietnam.
1-will it be too cold in May to go sunbathing/enjoy the water in N. Vietnam? What are some good beach/island hotels in Ha Long Bay?
2- Mid-range $100 or so a night hotels near Angkor Wat?
Thank you so much for your insight!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 2 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 3 Hotel in Hanoi
- 4 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 5 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 6 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 7 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 8 India help needed
- 9 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 10 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 11 Trekking outside Sapa
- 12 Place to stay Hue
- 13 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 14 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 15 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 16 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 17 Go to Pai or not?
- 18 Ko Kraden hotels
- 19 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake
- 20 Hoi Ann hotel
- 21 International Bank Accounts. Have you done this?
- 22 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 23 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 24 Three Week Trip to Japan
- 25 Water Towns near Shanghai