My wife and I are heading to SE Asia next May for two weeks and we need help!
Goals; 1- Beach for at least 4 days. 2- Angkor Wat 3- Day with elephants.
Plan as of now (please give advise on hotels/hostels, if this plan is awful & you have better ideas etc)
Start with 2 days in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Spend a day exploring and a day with Elephants
Next spend 2-3 days at Angkor Wat
End with an overnight cruise in Ha Long Bay and the last days at a beach in Northern Vietnam.
1-will it be too cold in May to go sunbathing/enjoy the water in N. Vietnam? What are some good beach/island hotels in Ha Long Bay?
2- Mid-range $100 or so a night hotels near Angkor Wat?
Thank you so much for your insight!
Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam, Help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 2 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 3 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 4 My SEA trip - photos update
- 5 vietnam and laos
- 6 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 7 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 8 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 9 Nepal- recipe?
- 10 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 11 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 12 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination
- 13 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia
- 14 Myanmar Itinerary Please Help?!
- 15 Trip to Borneo to See Orangutans
- 16 Travelling btwn M'asia&Jkt
- 17 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 18 Moving to KL: Sim card + Place to stay
- 19 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 20 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 21 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 22 Connaught Place
- 23 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 24 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 25 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary