My wife and I are heading to SE Asia next May for two weeks and we need help!
Goals; 1- Beach for at least 4 days. 2- Angkor Wat 3- Day with elephants.
Plan as of now (please give advise on hotels/hostels, if this plan is awful & you have better ideas etc)
Start with 2 days in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Spend a day exploring and a day with Elephants
Next spend 2-3 days at Angkor Wat
End with an overnight cruise in Ha Long Bay and the last days at a beach in Northern Vietnam.
1-will it be too cold in May to go sunbathing/enjoy the water in N. Vietnam? What are some good beach/island hotels in Ha Long Bay?
2- Mid-range $100 or so a night hotels near Angkor Wat?
Thank you so much for your insight!
Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam, Help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 2 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 3 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 4 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 5 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 6 Vietnam - Questions
- 7 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 8 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 9 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 10 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 11 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 12 Osaka shopping
- 13 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 14 Takayama ideas in April?
- 15 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 16 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 17 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 18 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 19 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 20 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 21 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 22 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 23 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 24 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 25 Luggage Transfer From Hotels