My wife and I are heading to SE Asia next May for two weeks and we need help!
Goals; 1- Beach for at least 4 days. 2- Angkor Wat 3- Day with elephants.
Plan as of now (please give advise on hotels/hostels, if this plan is awful & you have better ideas etc)
Start with 2 days in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Spend a day exploring and a day with Elephants
Next spend 2-3 days at Angkor Wat
End with an overnight cruise in Ha Long Bay and the last days at a beach in Northern Vietnam.
1-will it be too cold in May to go sunbathing/enjoy the water in N. Vietnam? What are some good beach/island hotels in Ha Long Bay?
2- Mid-range $100 or so a night hotels near Angkor Wat?
Thank you so much for your insight!
Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam, Help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From Pittsburgh To Bangalore India In 1 minute
- 2 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 3 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 4 Japan in July?
- 5 2-week adventure to the far north mountains of Vietnam with Exotic Voyages
- 6 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 7 6 Days in Bangkok - Itinerary Help!
- 8 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 9 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 10 Japan - itinerary advice - takayama or kanazawa?
- 11 2-3 days in Georgia
- 12 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 13 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 14 Anyone visit an Orphanage while in Sri Lanka???-Want to help if we can
- 15 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 16 Lone traveler to Japan in April
- 17 Kerala or Goa and itinerary help
- 18 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 19 Please help me decide on the night before my flight-Agra or New Delhi?
- 20 Question: Using JR Pass on Narita Express upon arrival
- 21 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 22 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 23 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 24 Where to go on 2.5 week long honeymoon in late June/early July?
- 25 Japan beach resort with toddler in may