My wife and I are heading to SE Asia next May for two weeks and we need help!
Goals; 1- Beach for at least 4 days. 2- Angkor Wat 3- Day with elephants.
Plan as of now (please give advise on hotels/hostels, if this plan is awful & you have better ideas etc)
Start with 2 days in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Spend a day exploring and a day with Elephants
Next spend 2-3 days at Angkor Wat
End with an overnight cruise in Ha Long Bay and the last days at a beach in Northern Vietnam.
1-will it be too cold in May to go sunbathing/enjoy the water in N. Vietnam? What are some good beach/island hotels in Ha Long Bay?
2- Mid-range $100 or so a night hotels near Angkor Wat?
Thank you so much for your insight!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 2 Looking for Serviced apt.
- 3 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 4 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 5 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 6 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 7 In Seoul for one day
- 8 Some notes about South Korea
- 9 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 10 A great trip in India
- 11 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 12 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 13 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 14 A Memorable Solo Month in Singapore, Java, and Bali
- 15 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 16 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 17 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 18 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 19 Totally unprepared
- 20 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 21 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 22 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
- 23 Rental Car Bali
- 24 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 25 Kyoto & Tokyo tips