My wife and I are heading to SE Asia next May for two weeks and we need help!
Goals; 1- Beach for at least 4 days. 2- Angkor Wat 3- Day with elephants.
Plan as of now (please give advise on hotels/hostels, if this plan is awful & you have better ideas etc)
Start with 2 days in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Spend a day exploring and a day with Elephants
Next spend 2-3 days at Angkor Wat
End with an overnight cruise in Ha Long Bay and the last days at a beach in Northern Vietnam.
1-will it be too cold in May to go sunbathing/enjoy the water in N. Vietnam? What are some good beach/island hotels in Ha Long Bay?
2- Mid-range $100 or so a night hotels near Angkor Wat?
Thank you so much for your insight!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Thailand and ? 4 weeks summer 2016
- 2 Is Dalat worth a visit?
- 3 How to avoid MSG in China?
- 4 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 5 Kyoto to Tokyo airport - Train or Fly
- 6 One month in Java and Bali
- 7 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 8 1 week rental in Kyoto (machiya / apartment)
- 9 Last Minute Advice for my First Visit to Japan
- 10 Langkawi
- 11 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 12 Last Minute 3 week Japan Trip *HELP!*
- 13 Safety of KKH
- 14 SE Asia Mid October
- 15 Honeymoon - Advice Needed
- 16 Inoculations for Vietnam & Camboda
- 17 Visa Service Referral Needed
- 18 Road trip to Rajasthan
- 19 "Ishaani" and "Ranvir" return from 2 weeks in Uzbekistan
- 20 Nepal - Safe to Go Mid Oct? Earthquakes + Political Unrest
- 21 Rerouting My Itinerary/April 2016
- 22 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 23 Lantau Island in November - Need your wisdom
- 24 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 25 Vietnam, or ?, Cruise, or ?