My wife and I are heading to SE Asia next May for two weeks and we need help!
Goals; 1- Beach for at least 4 days. 2- Angkor Wat 3- Day with elephants.
Plan as of now (please give advise on hotels/hostels, if this plan is awful & you have better ideas etc)
Start with 2 days in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Spend a day exploring and a day with Elephants
Next spend 2-3 days at Angkor Wat
End with an overnight cruise in Ha Long Bay and the last days at a beach in Northern Vietnam.
1-will it be too cold in May to go sunbathing/enjoy the water in N. Vietnam? What are some good beach/island hotels in Ha Long Bay?
2- Mid-range $100 or so a night hotels near Angkor Wat?
Thank you so much for your insight!
Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam, Help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 2 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 3 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 4 Golden Triangle Voyage – An Awesome Experience in India
- 5 Traditional & Cultural Safari in India through Golden Triangle
- 6 China with Collette Tours
- 7 Exploring Thailand
- 8 Air Asia package from Koh Lipe to Bangkok
- 9 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 10 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 11 Traveling solo to Thailand and looking for recommended tour company
- 12 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 13 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 14 Buying cycling clothes in Bangkok
- 15 Ho Chi Minh Mekong delta, pnom penh
- 16 Back from Kyoto, Koyasan, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Kyushu. Questions welcome!
- 17 K.L. Ideas on Hotel so on.
- 18 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 19 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 20 How would you organize this itinerary?
- 21 Experience using River Mekong or SST travel agencies?
- 22 Japan in December
- 23 Places to visit in India in October
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)
- 25 Bhutan, Nepal or both (in about 3 weeks?)