My wife and I are heading to SE Asia next May for two weeks and we need help!
Goals; 1- Beach for at least 4 days. 2- Angkor Wat 3- Day with elephants.
Plan as of now (please give advise on hotels/hostels, if this plan is awful & you have better ideas etc)
Start with 2 days in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Spend a day exploring and a day with Elephants
Next spend 2-3 days at Angkor Wat
End with an overnight cruise in Ha Long Bay and the last days at a beach in Northern Vietnam.
1-will it be too cold in May to go sunbathing/enjoy the water in N. Vietnam? What are some good beach/island hotels in Ha Long Bay?
2- Mid-range $100 or so a night hotels near Angkor Wat?
Thank you so much for your insight!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 2 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 3 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 4 5 weeks in Japan
- 5 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95
- 6 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 8 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 9 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 10 Lodge in Borneo
- 11 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 12 China and Japan help
- 13 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 14 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 15 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 16 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 17 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 18 Requesting Passport Number
- 19 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 20 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 21 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 22 Phu Quoc
- 23 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 24 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 25 Help! India Visa question....