My wife and I are heading to SE Asia next May for two weeks and we need help!
Goals; 1- Beach for at least 4 days. 2- Angkor Wat 3- Day with elephants.
Plan as of now (please give advise on hotels/hostels, if this plan is awful & you have better ideas etc)
Start with 2 days in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Spend a day exploring and a day with Elephants
Next spend 2-3 days at Angkor Wat
End with an overnight cruise in Ha Long Bay and the last days at a beach in Northern Vietnam.
1-will it be too cold in May to go sunbathing/enjoy the water in N. Vietnam? What are some good beach/island hotels in Ha Long Bay?
2- Mid-range $100 or so a night hotels near Angkor Wat?
Thank you so much for your insight!
Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam, Help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia Itinerary, Please!
- 2 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 3 India...Men's shorts OK?
- 4 Tokyo Map Recommendation
- 5 Car rental recommendation - Kanazawa
- 6 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 7 10 days in South Korea?
- 8 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 9 Driver/Guide recommendation for day trips from Ubud?
- 10 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 11 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 12 S E Asia part of our Round the World Trip
- 13 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 14 Samui Travelers, Tell Me it is Safer Than What I'm Reading : (
- 15 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 16 India at the end of May
- 17 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 18 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 19 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 20 Hiroshima Day Tour
- 21 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 22 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 23 Has anyone used the home visit system in Hiroshima?
- 24 Singapore
- 25 2 weeks backpacking in Philippines