My wife and I are heading to SE Asia next May for two weeks and we need help!
Goals; 1- Beach for at least 4 days. 2- Angkor Wat 3- Day with elephants.
Plan as of now (please give advise on hotels/hostels, if this plan is awful & you have better ideas etc)
Start with 2 days in Chiang Mai, Thailand. Spend a day exploring and a day with Elephants
Next spend 2-3 days at Angkor Wat
End with an overnight cruise in Ha Long Bay and the last days at a beach in Northern Vietnam.
1-will it be too cold in May to go sunbathing/enjoy the water in N. Vietnam? What are some good beach/island hotels in Ha Long Bay?
2- Mid-range $100 or so a night hotels near Angkor Wat?
Thank you so much for your insight!
Thailand, Cambodia & Vietnam, Help!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 British tourists murdered in Koh Tao
- 2 Best way to Shimla from Delhi ?
- 3 Night viewing of the Tajmahal
- 4 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 5 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 6 Some advice on our latest Japan itinerary please?
- 7 Kyushu rail pass
- 8 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 9 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 10 Thailand and Southeast Asia - Advice for Lone Female
- 11 Thailand,Cambodia,Vietnam Itinerary ***Open to any suggestions
- 12 A wow spot
- 13 Myanmar itinerary help
- 14 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 15 Suggestions for time for Vietnam itinerary, please
- 16 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 17 6 full days in Yagoon
- 18 Phuket travel plans and hotel advise
- 19 And there goes the neighborhood........
- 20 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 21 Terrible experience with BLS international Houston
- 22 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 23 Can I arrive 5 days earlier then stated on VISA application?
- 24 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 25 Reading Suggestion for Burma