We are heading on Honeymoon in Feb 2016 to Koh Lak and Phuket. At one point we hope to stay in Ayara Hill-Tops which is on Surin Beach. We have been alarmed at posts regarding rubbish and sewerage drains near Surin Beach specifically. Has anyone been and have advice if they feel Surin Beach remains a good relatively clean destination? My fiancee loves to swim in the sea so having clean sea-water is a definite wantWe hope to stay in JW Marriott on Koh Lak for the end of our trip. We love scenic tranquil locations - but with a little atmosphere and options for dining/drinks out about the area . Many thanks! - Emma (Ireland)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Changing planes at Dubai
- 2 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 3 50th Anniversary trip
- 4 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 5 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 6 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 7 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 8 14 days in Myanmar
- 9 Indian Food Series
- 10 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 11 "necessities" for India
- 12 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 13 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 14 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 15 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 16 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 17 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 18 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 19 Short trip to Myanmar
- 20 ATMs in Japan
- 21 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 22 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 23 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report
- 24 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 25 Gang rape in India. Again.