I'm thinking of travelling to southern India and Sri Lanka in Jan. The southern India trip will be about 14 days on the ground. and will begin in Chenna and end in Bangalorei. Before starting this part of the trip, I thought i would add some time in Sri Lanka.
We would fly BOS to Chennai on one ticket and fly, within a few hours of arriving,, Chennai to Columbo on a second ticket. . I am mainly interested in architecture and culture. I'm not interested in beach time or shopping. I thought of spending 3 nights in Habanara or Dambulla, 2 nights in Kandy and 2 nights in Ella. My question is whether to add 2 nights in Yala and 2 nights in Unawatuna which would double the cost of this add on and double the time involved. Any comments that might help me decide whether to add the extra days would be appreciated as I don't want to exhaust us before beginning our southern India 2 week itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 2 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 3 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 4 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 5 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 6 Phuket Beaches
- 7 India itinerary critique please
- 8 Japan Itinerary!
- 9 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 10 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 11 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 12 Magical India
- 13 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 14 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 15 Vientiane and ??
- 16 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 17 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 18 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 19 Himachal Pradesh
- 20 Luggage size China ?
- 21 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 22 Thai Elephants
- 23 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 24 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 25 Sri Lanka in August