I'm thinking of travelling to southern India and Sri Lanka in Jan. The southern India trip will be about 14 days on the ground. and will begin in Chenna and end in Bangalorei. Before starting this part of the trip, I thought i would add some time in Sri Lanka.
We would fly BOS to Chennai on one ticket and fly, within a few hours of arriving,, Chennai to Columbo on a second ticket. . I am mainly interested in architecture and culture. I'm not interested in beach time or shopping. I thought of spending 3 nights in Habanara or Dambulla, 2 nights in Kandy and 2 nights in Ella. My question is whether to add 2 nights in Yala and 2 nights in Unawatuna which would double the cost of this add on and double the time involved. Any comments that might help me decide whether to add the extra days would be appreciated as I don't want to exhaust us before beginning our southern India 2 week itinerary.
Sri Lanka itinerary help needed
- 1 Off on a Bangkok holiday once again!
- 2 Planning a trip to SE Asia- limited time!
- 3 Visiting the Huangshan Area Without Climbing the Mountain
- 4 ANA Dreamliner
- 5 Taking cash to Burma/Myanmar
- 6 Vietnam Itineray Please Help
- 7 My Best of Philippines Photo Album (500+ Pics)
- 8 Fresh Hearts and Egg Tarts: Our Silver Jubilee in Hong Kong & Macau
- 9 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 10 Looking for help to plan trip to Vietnam
- 11 Safety in Malaysia
- 12 Anyone in Bangkok
- 13 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 14 Vietnam, From Top to Bottom in January 2014
- 15 Southern India
- 16 Exploring an abandoned village in Kazakhstan
- 17 Shopping for hotels for Feb.
- 18 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 19 Travel Oracles: Please Comment on My 6-week Asia Itinerary
- 20 Hello Guys! I am new here...
- 21 July Travel to Mongolia
- 22 Ten days travel - Bali, Kuala Lumpur, Angkor Wat and possibly Yangon
- 23 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 24 My Ridiculous 18 Hours in Beijing
- 25 Vietnam money