I'm thinking of travelling to southern India and Sri Lanka in Jan. The southern India trip will be about 14 days on the ground. and will begin in Chenna and end in Bangalorei. Before starting this part of the trip, I thought i would add some time in Sri Lanka.
We would fly BOS to Chennai on one ticket and fly, within a few hours of arriving,, Chennai to Columbo on a second ticket. . I am mainly interested in architecture and culture. I'm not interested in beach time or shopping. I thought of spending 3 nights in Habanara or Dambulla, 2 nights in Kandy and 2 nights in Ella. My question is whether to add 2 nights in Yala and 2 nights in Unawatuna which would double the cost of this add on and double the time involved. Any comments that might help me decide whether to add the extra days would be appreciated as I don't want to exhaust us before beginning our southern India 2 week itinerary.
Sri Lanka itinerary help needed
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 2 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 3 Trip Report - Yunnan Province, China and Mongolia
- 4 China in 12 Days
- 5 Japan Itinerary & Logistics - help, feeling frantic!
- 6 language problem in japan
- 7 Nepal
- 8 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 9 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 10 two free days in Beijing
- 11 hotels in Singapore-1st time there
- 12 April in Bangkok, again!
- 13 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 14 Japan - spending money?
- 15 Teaching English in Asia or Europe
- 16 Hong Kong in August - hotel question
- 17 Travel agencies in India e.g. Legends and Palaces, Castle and King
- 18 1st Trip to Bali
- 19 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 20 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 21 Your thoughts on Nepal and how long to visit
- 22 water villages, shanghai
- 23 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 24 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 25 Private Guide in Chiang Mai