I'm thinking of travelling to southern India and Sri Lanka in Jan. The southern India trip will be about 14 days on the ground. and will begin in Chenna and end in Bangalorei. Before starting this part of the trip, I thought i would add some time in Sri Lanka.
We would fly BOS to Chennai on one ticket and fly, within a few hours of arriving,, Chennai to Columbo on a second ticket. . I am mainly interested in architecture and culture. I'm not interested in beach time or shopping. I thought of spending 3 nights in Habanara or Dambulla, 2 nights in Kandy and 2 nights in Ella. My question is whether to add 2 nights in Yala and 2 nights in Unawatuna which would double the cost of this add on and double the time involved. Any comments that might help me decide whether to add the extra days would be appreciated as I don't want to exhaust us before beginning our southern India 2 week itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://www.kesamuroa.com/shred-fx/
- 2 Natural Sights in Japan Near Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 3 What's on in Kyoto 4th -9th October 2017
- 4 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 5 where to stay in Busan
- 6 First time to India
- 7 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 8 Three days in Siem Reap, Two in Phnom Penh
- 9 Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam for 65 year olds
- 10 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 11 Booking a train and pulling out my hair doing it!
- 12 Help with itinerary please, 10 days Japan
- 13 Surgery at Bumrungrad?
- 14 Thai Jungle Experience
- 15 K2 Trek - stunning! But be careful of irresponsible agency
- 16 5 days in Davao or Osaka
- 17 First time getting out of the country
- 18 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 19 Start in Tokyo or Kyoto?
- 20 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 21 Travelling in Japan for 3 weeks - advice.
- 22 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 23 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 24 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 25 Across Uzbekistan with MIR