I'm thinking of travelling to southern India and Sri Lanka in Jan. The southern India trip will be about 14 days on the ground. and will begin in Chenna and end in Bangalorei. Before starting this part of the trip, I thought i would add some time in Sri Lanka.
We would fly BOS to Chennai on one ticket and fly, within a few hours of arriving,, Chennai to Columbo on a second ticket. . I am mainly interested in architecture and culture. I'm not interested in beach time or shopping. I thought of spending 3 nights in Habanara or Dambulla, 2 nights in Kandy and 2 nights in Ella. My question is whether to add 2 nights in Yala and 2 nights in Unawatuna which would double the cost of this add on and double the time involved. Any comments that might help me decide whether to add the extra days would be appreciated as I don't want to exhaust us before beginning our southern India 2 week itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Japn tour 10 nights
- 2 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 3 Nepal
- 4 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 5 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 6 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 7 My visit to Thailand
- 8 What is the Facilities & Services of Maharajas Express Train?
- 9 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 10 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 11 Gutted!
- 12 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 13 5 weeks in Japan
- 14 My visit to Lao
- 15 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 16 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 17 Family Trip to Japan
- 18 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 19 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 20 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 21 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 22 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 23 New Member
- 24 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 25 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015