I'm thinking of travelling to southern India and Sri Lanka in Jan. The southern India trip will be about 14 days on the ground. and will begin in Chenna and end in Bangalorei. Before starting this part of the trip, I thought i would add some time in Sri Lanka.
We would fly BOS to Chennai on one ticket and fly, within a few hours of arriving,, Chennai to Columbo on a second ticket. . I am mainly interested in architecture and culture. I'm not interested in beach time or shopping. I thought of spending 3 nights in Habanara or Dambulla, 2 nights in Kandy and 2 nights in Ella. My question is whether to add 2 nights in Yala and 2 nights in Unawatuna which would double the cost of this add on and double the time involved. Any comments that might help me decide whether to add the extra days would be appreciated as I don't want to exhaust us before beginning our southern India 2 week itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Elderly tourists attacked in Thailand
- 2 Italy from an Asian base
- 3 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 4 2 weeks in Java
- 5 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 6 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 7 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 8 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 9 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 10 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 11 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 12 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 13 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 14 My new 10 year china visa
- 15 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 16 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 17 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 18 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 19 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 20 Update on riding elephants
- 21 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 22 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 23 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 24 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 25 Thailand 1st time - June travel