I'm visiting Sri Lanka with my parents from Oct. 20 - Oct 24.
Arriving Colombo early AM on 20th; departing late night on 24th. Arriving in Colombo from Mumbai. 5 full days, but on the heels of flights at night.
Due to my parents age, I don't want to pack too much into those days. Thinking 1 day in Colombo + 1 or 2 other locations. 1 city to experience something unique to Sri Lanka, its culture and traditions; 1 city for beach and finish in Colombo for 1 night.
Should we hire a car with a driver so that we can go straight from Colombo airport to destination 1. Would the following make sense? Too much driving? I want it to feel a bit leisurely.
Day 1 - Colombo => Kandy (skip Pinnewala?); night in Kandy
Day 2 - Kandy => Nuwara Eliya (night in Nuwara / Ella?)
Day 3 - Nuwara Eliya / Ella => Haputale or Bentota / Wadduwa
Day 4 - Wadduwa => Colombo (night in Colombo)
Day 5 - Colombo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 2 India trip report-brief recommendations
- 3 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 4 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 5 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 6 Lodge in Borneo
- 7 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 8 China and Japan help
- 9 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 10 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 11 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 12 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 13 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 14 5 weeks in Japan
- 15 Requesting Passport Number
- 16 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 17 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 18 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 19 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 20 Phu Quoc
- 21 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 22 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 23 Help! India Visa question....
- 24 Singapore hotel
- 25 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue