I'm visiting Sri Lanka with my parents from Oct. 20 - Oct 24.
Arriving Colombo early AM on 20th; departing late night on 24th. Arriving in Colombo from Mumbai. 5 full days, but on the heels of flights at night.
Due to my parents age, I don't want to pack too much into those days. Thinking 1 day in Colombo + 1 or 2 other locations. 1 city to experience something unique to Sri Lanka, its culture and traditions; 1 city for beach and finish in Colombo for 1 night.
Should we hire a car with a driver so that we can go straight from Colombo airport to destination 1. Would the following make sense? Too much driving? I want it to feel a bit leisurely.
Day 1 - Colombo => Kandy (skip Pinnewala?); night in Kandy
Day 2 - Kandy => Nuwara Eliya (night in Nuwara / Ella?)
Day 3 - Nuwara Eliya / Ella => Haputale or Bentota / Wadduwa
Day 4 - Wadduwa => Colombo (night in Colombo)
Day 5 - Colombo
Sri Lanka - 5 Days Itinerary Advice
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 swim after Christmas at Hoi An vietnam?
- 2 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 3 16 days in Vietnam
- 4 Nancy Chandler maps
- 5 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 6 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 7 2-3 days to spend near Shanghai: Hangzhou or Monganshan?
- 8 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 9 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 10 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 11 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 12 2 Weeks in Thailand - Looking for suggestions
- 13 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 14 Free Sumo ticket in Fukuoka November 21
- 15 Do we need to reserve trains far in advance or just rock up to Station?
- 16 Help re. Visa.
- 17 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 18 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 19 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 20 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 21 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 22 Ranthambore - where to stay?
- 23 Advice on Tipping in Bali
- 24 flight from Mandalay to Luang Prabang
- 25 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.