I'm visiting Sri Lanka with my parents from Oct. 20 - Oct 24.
Arriving Colombo early AM on 20th; departing late night on 24th. Arriving in Colombo from Mumbai. 5 full days, but on the heels of flights at night.
Due to my parents age, I don't want to pack too much into those days. Thinking 1 day in Colombo + 1 or 2 other locations. 1 city to experience something unique to Sri Lanka, its culture and traditions; 1 city for beach and finish in Colombo for 1 night.
Should we hire a car with a driver so that we can go straight from Colombo airport to destination 1. Would the following make sense? Too much driving? I want it to feel a bit leisurely.
Day 1 - Colombo => Kandy (skip Pinnewala?); night in Kandy
Day 2 - Kandy => Nuwara Eliya (night in Nuwara / Ella?)
Day 3 - Nuwara Eliya / Ella => Haputale or Bentota / Wadduwa
Day 4 - Wadduwa => Colombo (night in Colombo)
Day 5 - Colombo
Sri Lanka - 5 Days Itinerary Advice
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 narrow down destinations, Japan 2 weeks in April
- 2 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 3 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 4 vietnam and laos
- 5 Driver Guide wanted March 2015
- 6 Kerala Itinerary - Houseboat and Tree House Questions
- 7 Connaught Place
- 8 What did you think of Mumbai?
- 9 Free and best app for searching restaurants in China
- 10 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 11 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 12 Nepal- recipe?
- 13 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 14 5 Days in Siem Reap
- 15 Thai Vacation: Valuable Last Minute Details - Chapter 1
- 16 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 17 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 18 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 19 3 weeks in Myanmar-What an adventure!
- 20 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 21 My SEA trip - photos update
- 22 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 23 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 24 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 25 Travel Report for Laos - Asia’s Most Relaxed Destination