I'm visiting Sri Lanka with my parents from Oct. 20 - Oct 24.
Arriving Colombo early AM on 20th; departing late night on 24th. Arriving in Colombo from Mumbai. 5 full days, but on the heels of flights at night.
Due to my parents age, I don't want to pack too much into those days. Thinking 1 day in Colombo + 1 or 2 other locations. 1 city to experience something unique to Sri Lanka, its culture and traditions; 1 city for beach and finish in Colombo for 1 night.
Should we hire a car with a driver so that we can go straight from Colombo airport to destination 1. Would the following make sense? Too much driving? I want it to feel a bit leisurely.
Day 1 - Colombo => Kandy (skip Pinnewala?); night in Kandy
Day 2 - Kandy => Nuwara Eliya (night in Nuwara / Ella?)
Day 3 - Nuwara Eliya / Ella => Haputale or Bentota / Wadduwa
Day 4 - Wadduwa => Colombo (night in Colombo)
Day 5 - Colombo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 2 What does a Japan Rail Pass really do?
- 3 Your Feedback Appreciated on Two Possible Thailand/Cambodia Itineraries
- 4 Visa for Burma/Myanmar
- 5 Footing on Druk Trek in Bhutan?
- 6 Cambodia & Vietnam- 2 Weeks with Kids
- 7 Krabi? Phuket? Phi Phi?
- 8 Itinerary for 12 days in Burma- help decide
- 9 Off the Beaten Path Near Kanazawa?
- 10 Great Wall in a wheelchair
- 11 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 12 15 Days in Japan, Need Help With Last Two
- 13 Vietnam, Laos, Siem Reap, Chiang Rai - ? the right # days/order of travel??
- 14 Return of tourism to Nepal
- 15 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 16 Yangon Birthday Dinner
- 17 Best beaches in Sri Lanka
- 18 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 19 Eating in India
- 20 Trekking in India
- 21 Hong Kong Layover at Night
- 22 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 23 Sri Lanka plan
- 24 Vietnam - September 2015
- 25 A tour operator overwhelmingly mentioned on another site