I'm visiting Sri Lanka with my parents from Oct. 20 - Oct 24.
Arriving Colombo early AM on 20th; departing late night on 24th. Arriving in Colombo from Mumbai. 5 full days, but on the heels of flights at night.
Due to my parents age, I don't want to pack too much into those days. Thinking 1 day in Colombo + 1 or 2 other locations. 1 city to experience something unique to Sri Lanka, its culture and traditions; 1 city for beach and finish in Colombo for 1 night.
Should we hire a car with a driver so that we can go straight from Colombo airport to destination 1. Would the following make sense? Too much driving? I want it to feel a bit leisurely.
Day 1 - Colombo => Kandy (skip Pinnewala?); night in Kandy
Day 2 - Kandy => Nuwara Eliya (night in Nuwara / Ella?)
Day 3 - Nuwara Eliya / Ella => Haputale or Bentota / Wadduwa
Day 4 - Wadduwa => Colombo (night in Colombo)
Day 5 - Colombo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Chiang Mai...should we?
- 2 Kuala Lumpur & Penang
- 3 Tour Payment Deposit to Castle and King
- 4 Skip Vientaine, a mistake?
- 5 more problems for Tiger Temple - Abbot mauled
- 6 Hakone Free Pass
- 7 NRT 21 hrs layover, need help with train schedule
- 8 Castle & King tour operator review
- 9 Santhiya or Anatara in Koh Phangan?
- 10 First trip to Japan
- 11 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 12 What beach to choose?!?!
- 13 Thailand itinerary help - 3 weeks in December
- 14 Calling habitués of Chiang Rai.
- 15 Singapore or Bali
- 16 Travel to Singapore & Area with Husband and 2 teenage boys
- 17 Driver recommendation in Bali
- 18 RHK'S Spring trip
- 19 Hotels in Beijing
- 20 Need a place to stay in Chang Mai
- 21 Trekking in Tsum Valley Nepal with Great Vision Treks&Expedition
- 22 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 23 Hanoi, Vietnam - The last days in April, 2015
- 24 Kunming, Yunnan, China
- 25 Good Honeymoon Location in August 2015 on a budget