I'm visiting Sri Lanka with my parents from Oct. 20 - Oct 24.
Arriving Colombo early AM on 20th; departing late night on 24th. Arriving in Colombo from Mumbai. 5 full days, but on the heels of flights at night.
Due to my parents age, I don't want to pack too much into those days. Thinking 1 day in Colombo + 1 or 2 other locations. 1 city to experience something unique to Sri Lanka, its culture and traditions; 1 city for beach and finish in Colombo for 1 night.
Should we hire a car with a driver so that we can go straight from Colombo airport to destination 1. Would the following make sense? Too much driving? I want it to feel a bit leisurely.
Day 1 - Colombo => Kandy (skip Pinnewala?); night in Kandy
Day 2 - Kandy => Nuwara Eliya (night in Nuwara / Ella?)
Day 3 - Nuwara Eliya / Ella => Haputale or Bentota / Wadduwa
Day 4 - Wadduwa => Colombo (night in Colombo)
Day 5 - Colombo
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 List of Best Packers and Movers Mumbai
- 2 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 3 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 4 Vietnam in February for 8 nights
- 5 http://maximizedmuscleideas.com/noxitril/
- 6 http://maximizedmuscleideas.com/noxitril/
- 7 Short Trip to Japan & South East Asia
- 8 A great trip in India
- 9 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 10 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 11 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 12 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 13 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 14 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 15 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 16 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 17 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 18 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 19 Sulawesi
- 20 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 21 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo
- 22 Day Trip in Bohol - Travel Report
- 23 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 24 Pearls in Beijing and MORE!
- 25 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report