I will be traveling to China later this year. I will be in Shanghai for a business trip, but a couple of us have decided to extend our stay for a short excursion to Xi'an.
I’ll be free to start the excursion beginning Saturday afternoon, and then flying back home the following Wednesday morning out of Shanghai. I am considering flying from Shanghai to Xi'an, and then back to Shanghai, but the current cost is around $500 round trip. I am also considering taking the train or overnight train. Is the cost significantly less then flying, and is it a scenic trip during the day? What do you recommend?
I definitely would like to see the Terracotta Warriors while in Xi'an. What else is there to do and see in Xi'an and the surrounding area?
Thank you in advance for your recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok hotel - Feedback requested on specific hotels
- 2 Another first-timer. Does this work?
- 3 The Not-All-Golden Road to Samarkand
- 4 Japan Trip Suggestions - 14 day trip in April
- 5 Good unlimited data for tourists
- 6 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 7 India: Flying from Varanasi to New Delhi
- 8 Finding best Vietnam and Cambodia cruise in Mekong river for family
- 9 My Honeymoon Trip to Valparai
- 10 India Trip Report
- 11 A great trip in India
- 12 Bangkok hotel - River sides pros/cons
- 13 7.5 days in India
- 14 Two Weeks in Cambodia and Burma~Returning to the Old and Seeing the New
- 15 Traveling with Diabetes type 2 in India
- 16 Honeymoon in Vietnam
- 17 Travelling to Malaysia with an invalid Australian Passport
- 18 Japan Itinerary Critique and Suggestions
- 19 Phuket
- 20 Which locations should I select for my Goa trip?
- 21 Japan: ATM Machines
- 22 In Spite of Old and Dilapidated, more Creators Were Attracted
- 23 Don't forget the wellies...
- 24 Where/when/how should I get my visa for Vietnam?
- 25 Family Japan Trip August 2016
Shanghai to Xi'an - Travel Method and Things to Do in Xi'an?