I will be traveling to China later this year. I will be in Shanghai for a business trip, but a couple of us have decided to extend our stay for a short excursion to Xi'an.
I’ll be free to start the excursion beginning Saturday afternoon, and then flying back home the following Wednesday morning out of Shanghai. I am considering flying from Shanghai to Xi'an, and then back to Shanghai, but the current cost is around $500 round trip. I am also considering taking the train or overnight train. Is the cost significantly less then flying, and is it a scenic trip during the day? What do you recommend?
I definitely would like to see the Terracotta Warriors while in Xi'an. What else is there to do and see in Xi'an and the surrounding area?
Thank you in advance for your recommendations!
Shanghai to Xi'an - Travel Method and Things to Do in Xi'an?
- 1 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 2 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 3 clean,reasonable priced lodging in Orchha, Bodghaya, Khajuraho, Varanasi
- 4 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 5 Anyone in Bangkok
- 6 United Canceling NRT-BKK Flight?
- 7 Thai Visa Options for longer/ multiple stays
- 8 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 9 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 10 Finding a Small electric Kettle in BKK
- 11 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 12 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 13 Travel Insurance
- 14 South East Asia
- 15 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 16 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 17 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 18 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 19 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 20 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 21 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 22 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 23 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 24 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 25 1 week Philippines