I will be traveling to China later this year. I will be in Shanghai for a business trip, but a couple of us have decided to extend our stay for a short excursion to Xi'an.
I’ll be free to start the excursion beginning Saturday afternoon, and then flying back home the following Wednesday morning out of Shanghai. I am considering flying from Shanghai to Xi'an, and then back to Shanghai, but the current cost is around $500 round trip. I am also considering taking the train or overnight train. Is the cost significantly less then flying, and is it a scenic trip during the day? What do you recommend?
I definitely would like to see the Terracotta Warriors while in Xi'an. What else is there to do and see in Xi'an and the surrounding area?
Thank you in advance for your recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 2 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 3 Lodge in Borneo
- 4 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 5 China and Japan help
- 6 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 7 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 8 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 9 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 10 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 11 5 weeks in Japan
- 12 Requesting Passport Number
- 13 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 14 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 15 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 16 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 17 Phu Quoc
- 18 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 19 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 20 Help! India Visa question....
- 21 Singapore hotel
- 22 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 23 Indonesia in February/rainy season
- 24 Still contemplating SEA this winter and have questions
- 25 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
Shanghai to Xi'an - Travel Method and Things to Do in Xi'an?