I will be traveling to China later this year. I will be in Shanghai for a business trip, but a couple of us have decided to extend our stay for a short excursion to Xi'an.
I’ll be free to start the excursion beginning Saturday afternoon, and then flying back home the following Wednesday morning out of Shanghai. I am considering flying from Shanghai to Xi'an, and then back to Shanghai, but the current cost is around $500 round trip. I am also considering taking the train or overnight train. Is the cost significantly less then flying, and is it a scenic trip during the day? What do you recommend?
I definitely would like to see the Terracotta Warriors while in Xi'an. What else is there to do and see in Xi'an and the surrounding area?
Thank you in advance for your recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Buka Puasa @ i-City Malaysia
- 2 Looking for a Doctor in Metro Manila, Philippines
- 3 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 4 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 5 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 6 Tour group for Cambodia and Vietnam or Myanmar?
- 7 Best french restaurant in Hong Kong?
- 8 New Delhi - What to see?
- 9 JAPANiCAN.com
- 10 Tokyo Hotels Etc.
- 11 Travel in Kyushu.
- 12 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 13 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 14 Tour Guide for Jewish Tour of Cochin
- 15 3 weeks itinerary China
- 16 Bicycle riding required?
- 17 Castle & King tour questions
- 18 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 19 Blog about our 6 week backpacking trip through Southeast Asia
- 20 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 21 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 22 trekking in july in Myanmar
- 23 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015
- 24 Private guides in Japan
- 25 Warning! Don't use Sinorama Holidays to book a trip to China
Shanghai to Xi'an - Travel Method and Things to Do in Xi'an?