I will be traveling to China later this year. I will be in Shanghai for a business trip, but a couple of us have decided to extend our stay for a short excursion to Xi'an.
I’ll be free to start the excursion beginning Saturday afternoon, and then flying back home the following Wednesday morning out of Shanghai. I am considering flying from Shanghai to Xi'an, and then back to Shanghai, but the current cost is around $500 round trip. I am also considering taking the train or overnight train. Is the cost significantly less then flying, and is it a scenic trip during the day? What do you recommend?
I definitely would like to see the Terracotta Warriors while in Xi'an. What else is there to do and see in Xi'an and the surrounding area?
Thank you in advance for your recommendations!
Shanghai to Xi'an - Travel Method and Things to Do in Xi'an?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 2 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 3 India adaptors
- 4 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 5 From Pushkar to delhi
- 6 Jogyakarta & - Bali?
- 7 Help re. Visa.
- 8 What to pack? For Burma and Thailand
- 9 Thailand - a few more details: phones, and driving map
- 10 Bangkok and Manila
- 11 Bagan Entry Fee to Rise by One-Third
- 12 Thailand - what to wear in November, and, cosmetics
- 13 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 14 Visa
- 15 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 16 Gluten free in Japan?
- 17 Angkor Wat tour guide recommedations
- 18 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 19 Bangkok's JW vs. Marriott Resort and Spa
- 20 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 21 Need a guide in Burma?
- 22 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 23 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 24 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 25 We recommend our Seoul serviced apartment