I will be traveling to China later this year. I will be in Shanghai for a business trip, but a couple of us have decided to extend our stay for a short excursion to Xi'an.
I’ll be free to start the excursion beginning Saturday afternoon, and then flying back home the following Wednesday morning out of Shanghai. I am considering flying from Shanghai to Xi'an, and then back to Shanghai, but the current cost is around $500 round trip. I am also considering taking the train or overnight train. Is the cost significantly less then flying, and is it a scenic trip during the day? What do you recommend?
I definitely would like to see the Terracotta Warriors while in Xi'an. What else is there to do and see in Xi'an and the surrounding area?
Thank you in advance for your recommendations!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://healthexpertproduct.com/vtrex/
- 2 Traffic and Police in India
- 3 Serendipity Srilanka
- 4 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 5 New Thai Visa
- 6 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 7 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 8 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 9 New Years in Japan
- 10 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 11 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 12 Sri Lanka in December
- 13 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 14 january 31 in colombo
- 15 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 16 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 17 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 18 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 19 3 weeks in Japan
- 20 A first time for everything in Japan
- 21 India Tour Companies
- 22 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 23 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 24 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 25 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
Shanghai to Xi'an - Travel Method and Things to Do in Xi'an?