I am a 1st time poster. I have read and enjoyed these forums a lot over the past few months. I have really enjoyed all the posts by folks in MA (Massachusetts). I live in Boston currently and am planning a trip to SEA around Oct/Nov 2011. I would like some help about where to start and end the trip and other details.
We are 33 old couple who have travelled extensively in India and will be starting the trip in India. The segment I would like help is flying out of India to Thailand and back.
We have a rough outline of what we would like to visit and the order of priority:
1. Siem Reap
2. Bangkok & Thailand Beaches
4. Kuala Lumpur
I understand October is Northeast monsoon season time and we should try to be on the western side of Thailand for that or even Bali would work for that time. I have some flexibility about my start date for the trip by the latest I can start is Oct 10th. So bbasiclaly Oct 10-Nov22nd or so.
Would something I have below work?
1) Fly to Bali through KL/Bangkok - 5 days
2) Fly to Bangkok - 2 days
3) Travel to Angor Wat - Spend 3-4 days
4) Fly to Kuala Lumpur - explore malaysia - 8 days
5) Travel up the Malay peninsula - hit a few beaches in Thailand on the Andaman Sea - 10 days
6) End in Bangkok - 5 days explore places around bangkok(City Life etc)
Buffer travel days - 3, give me a total of 38 days.
Does this sound reasonable? Anything I should change the order and sequence of? We are not partiers, like culture, temples and would like to experience a new country. Like beaches to relax but like the less touristy non party areas. Moderate budget ~ planning about 7000USD for the whole trip starting in India and ending back there. Any recommendations, comments etc ? Please add
thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 2 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 3 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 4 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 5 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 6 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 7 Other than Kyoto?
- 8 Trip Report : China
- 9 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 10 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 11 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 12 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 13 Japan GTG, early April
- 14 Beijing tours
- 15 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 16 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 17 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR
- 18 HK to Beijing for 3 weeks- mid March to early April- itinerary help please!
- 19 A great trip in India
- 20 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 21 Hong Kong and Angkor Wat
- 22 A Netflix series for those who enjoy Tokyo
- 23 Cherry Blossom season Mount Fuji area
- 24 Tokyo - Kamakura - Yokohama
- 25 Tour Agency Recommendation