I am a 1st time poster. I have read and enjoyed these forums a lot over the past few months. I have really enjoyed all the posts by folks in MA (Massachusetts). I live in Boston currently and am planning a trip to SEA around Oct/Nov 2011. I would like some help about where to start and end the trip and other details.
We are 33 old couple who have travelled extensively in India and will be starting the trip in India. The segment I would like help is flying out of India to Thailand and back.
We have a rough outline of what we would like to visit and the order of priority:
1. Siem Reap
2. Bangkok & Thailand Beaches
4. Kuala Lumpur
I understand October is Northeast monsoon season time and we should try to be on the western side of Thailand for that or even Bali would work for that time. I have some flexibility about my start date for the trip by the latest I can start is Oct 10th. So bbasiclaly Oct 10-Nov22nd or so.
Would something I have below work?
1) Fly to Bali through KL/Bangkok - 5 days
2) Fly to Bangkok - 2 days
3) Travel to Angor Wat - Spend 3-4 days
4) Fly to Kuala Lumpur - explore malaysia - 8 days
5) Travel up the Malay peninsula - hit a few beaches in Thailand on the Andaman Sea - 10 days
6) End in Bangkok - 5 days explore places around bangkok(City Life etc)
Buffer travel days - 3, give me a total of 38 days.
Does this sound reasonable? Anything I should change the order and sequence of? We are not partiers, like culture, temples and would like to experience a new country. Like beaches to relax but like the less touristy non party areas. Moderate budget ~ planning about 7000USD for the whole trip starting in India and ending back there. Any recommendations, comments etc ? Please add
thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 ESET@ CUSTOMER CONTACT ☎ 1.800.681.7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Japan Questions - shots, shoulders and shorts
- 3 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 4 Safety concerns for solo female traveler in SE Asia and itinerary feedback
- 5 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 Hong Kong
- 7 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 8 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 9 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 10 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 11 Something about... Malaysia
- 12 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 13 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 14 Budget Servied Apt
- 15 Terracotta Warriors
- 16 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 17 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 18 hiking japan sept
- 19 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 20 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 21 The best way to My Son
- 22 Japan Itinerary!
- 23 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 24 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 25 trying to fathom Chinese train travel