I am a 1st time poster. I have read and enjoyed these forums a lot over the past few months. I have really enjoyed all the posts by folks in MA (Massachusetts). I live in Boston currently and am planning a trip to SEA around Oct/Nov 2011. I would like some help about where to start and end the trip and other details.
We are 33 old couple who have travelled extensively in India and will be starting the trip in India. The segment I would like help is flying out of India to Thailand and back.
We have a rough outline of what we would like to visit and the order of priority:
1. Siem Reap
2. Bangkok & Thailand Beaches
4. Kuala Lumpur
I understand October is Northeast monsoon season time and we should try to be on the western side of Thailand for that or even Bali would work for that time. I have some flexibility about my start date for the trip by the latest I can start is Oct 10th. So bbasiclaly Oct 10-Nov22nd or so.
Would something I have below work?
1) Fly to Bali through KL/Bangkok - 5 days
2) Fly to Bangkok - 2 days
3) Travel to Angor Wat - Spend 3-4 days
4) Fly to Kuala Lumpur - explore malaysia - 8 days
5) Travel up the Malay peninsula - hit a few beaches in Thailand on the Andaman Sea - 10 days
6) End in Bangkok - 5 days explore places around bangkok(City Life etc)
Buffer travel days - 3, give me a total of 38 days.
Does this sound reasonable? Anything I should change the order and sequence of? We are not partiers, like culture, temples and would like to experience a new country. Like beaches to relax but like the less touristy non party areas. Moderate budget ~ planning about 7000USD for the whole trip starting in India and ending back there. Any recommendations, comments etc ? Please add
thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 2 What is the Facilities & Services of Maharajas Express Train?
- 3 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 4 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 5 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 6 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 7 Gutted!
- 8 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 9 5 weeks in Japan
- 10 My visit to Lao
- 11 My visit to Thailand
- 12 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 13 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 14 Family Trip to Japan
- 15 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 16 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 17 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 18 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 19 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 20 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 21 New Member
- 22 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 23 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 24 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 25 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure