I am a 1st time poster. I have read and enjoyed these forums a lot over the past few months. I have really enjoyed all the posts by folks in MA (Massachusetts). I live in Boston currently and am planning a trip to SEA around Oct/Nov 2011. I would like some help about where to start and end the trip and other details.
We are 33 old couple who have travelled extensively in India and will be starting the trip in India. The segment I would like help is flying out of India to Thailand and back.
We have a rough outline of what we would like to visit and the order of priority:
1. Siem Reap
2. Bangkok & Thailand Beaches
4. Kuala Lumpur
I understand October is Northeast monsoon season time and we should try to be on the western side of Thailand for that or even Bali would work for that time. I have some flexibility about my start date for the trip by the latest I can start is Oct 10th. So bbasiclaly Oct 10-Nov22nd or so.
Would something I have below work?
1) Fly to Bali through KL/Bangkok - 5 days
2) Fly to Bangkok - 2 days
3) Travel to Angor Wat - Spend 3-4 days
4) Fly to Kuala Lumpur - explore malaysia - 8 days
5) Travel up the Malay peninsula - hit a few beaches in Thailand on the Andaman Sea - 10 days
6) End in Bangkok - 5 days explore places around bangkok(City Life etc)
Buffer travel days - 3, give me a total of 38 days.
Does this sound reasonable? Anything I should change the order and sequence of? We are not partiers, like culture, temples and would like to experience a new country. Like beaches to relax but like the less touristy non party areas. Moderate budget ~ planning about 7000USD for the whole trip starting in India and ending back there. Any recommendations, comments etc ? Please add
thanks a lot
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 2 Hydraulic tube fittings Manufacturers, Suppliers & Exporters | nexus
- 3 manaslu trekking Nepal in september
- 4 http://testosteronesboosterweb.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-no2/
- 5 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 6 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 7 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 8 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 9 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 10 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 11 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 12 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 13 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 14 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 15 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 16 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 17 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 18 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 19 Totally unprepared
- 20 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 21 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 22 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 23 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 24 An island paradise?
- 25 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu