This is my first post but I've been reading away and have already found some terrific info and ideas on this forum for my upcoming trip to South East Asia.
I'd like to ask for help with my itinerary below. At this point, I'd like to stick to this routing so I'm looking for:
1) suggestions for adding/subtracting time in each location
2) day trip ideas
Today I spent several hours searching connections and fares on low cost airlines to help me pinpoint my route. For just less than $300 USD total, I've come up with the following route and rough timeline.
Singapore 5 days
Penang 4 days
Kuala Lumpur 4 days
Bangkok 4 days
Ko Samui 8 days
Hong Kong 7 days
Macau 1 day
I have 32 nights between arriving and departing the region. I arrive in the afternoon and depart around midnight of the 33rd night.
I'm aware that I need to take travel time into consideration but I can't do that until I know exactly which flights I'll be taking and for that I need to know exactly how many days I'd like to spend in each location. Which brings us to my question for help.
I'm purposely postponing Vietnam and China because of their Visa requirements.
My trip goals are to relax, try lots of new food, shop and gain travel confidence for future trips. This is my first trip to Asia, let alone SE Asia. To be honest, I don't really want to go off the beaten track. I don't want to travel to a new location every night or even every other night. I'd rather explore each place in depth.
Now please rip into my itinerary.
SE Asia Route Planned: Please help with time distribution
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 best dining in Kyoto
- 2 Trip report from Phu Quoc in Vietnam
- 3 Manila airport passenger terminal fee upon departure
- 4 India travel agency/tour operator recommendations-OAT? WorldSpree?
- 5 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 6 Kathie's 2007 Adventures in Sri lanka
- 7 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 8 Colombo
- 9 GSM Unlocked Phone in Bangkok - Nexus 6?
- 10 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 11 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 12 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 13 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 14 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 15 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 16 15 night Honeymoon in Bali- April 2015
- 17 6 Hour Layover in Ho Chi Minh
- 18 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 19 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 20 Nepal- recipe?
- 21 China trip - 15 nights
- 22 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 23 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 24 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 25 Traveling India in 8 Months