This is my first post but I've been reading away and have already found some terrific info and ideas on this forum for my upcoming trip to South East Asia.
I'd like to ask for help with my itinerary below. At this point, I'd like to stick to this routing so I'm looking for:
1) suggestions for adding/subtracting time in each location
2) day trip ideas
Today I spent several hours searching connections and fares on low cost airlines to help me pinpoint my route. For just less than $300 USD total, I've come up with the following route and rough timeline.
Singapore 5 days
Penang 4 days
Kuala Lumpur 4 days
Bangkok 4 days
Ko Samui 8 days
Hong Kong 7 days
Macau 1 day
I have 32 nights between arriving and departing the region. I arrive in the afternoon and depart around midnight of the 33rd night.
I'm aware that I need to take travel time into consideration but I can't do that until I know exactly which flights I'll be taking and for that I need to know exactly how many days I'd like to spend in each location. Which brings us to my question for help.
I'm purposely postponing Vietnam and China because of their Visa requirements.
My trip goals are to relax, try lots of new food, shop and gain travel confidence for future trips. This is my first trip to Asia, let alone SE Asia. To be honest, I don't really want to go off the beaten track. I don't want to travel to a new location every night or even every other night. I'd rather explore each place in depth.
Now please rip into my itinerary.
SE Asia Route Planned: Please help with time distribution
- 1 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 2 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 3 Japan: best time to go?
- 4 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 5 Magical India
- 6 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 7 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 8 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 9 Travel Insurance
- 10 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 11 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?
- 12 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 13 SALAY from BAGAN
- 14 Visa process for those residing in NY/NJ/CT
- 15 Robinson store/Bangrak, Bangkok - has it reopened?
- 16 Next trip: Sri Lanka & Maldives. Need help from the travel gods.
- 17 cell phone in india
- 18 Night cruise to Kyushu from Kansai (Osaka and Kobe)
- 19 Bangkok - Silver Shops
- 20 Thailand-Bangkok-Ko Samui-Chang mai in the begining of May
- 21 Trip Report Kerala: Backwaters & Beach (DEC 2013)
- 22 Plan On Finally Visiting Japan, Looking For Advice...!
- 23 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 24 Any recommendations for drivers in Beijing?
- 25 Questions, questions and more questions for first time trip to Asia