This is my first post but I've been reading away and have already found some terrific info and ideas on this forum for my upcoming trip to South East Asia.
I'd like to ask for help with my itinerary below. At this point, I'd like to stick to this routing so I'm looking for:
1) suggestions for adding/subtracting time in each location
2) day trip ideas
Today I spent several hours searching connections and fares on low cost airlines to help me pinpoint my route. For just less than $300 USD total, I've come up with the following route and rough timeline.
Singapore 5 days
Penang 4 days
Kuala Lumpur 4 days
Bangkok 4 days
Ko Samui 8 days
Hong Kong 7 days
Macau 1 day
I have 32 nights between arriving and departing the region. I arrive in the afternoon and depart around midnight of the 33rd night.
I'm aware that I need to take travel time into consideration but I can't do that until I know exactly which flights I'll be taking and for that I need to know exactly how many days I'd like to spend in each location. Which brings us to my question for help.
I'm purposely postponing Vietnam and China because of their Visa requirements.
My trip goals are to relax, try lots of new food, shop and gain travel confidence for future trips. This is my first trip to Asia, let alone SE Asia. To be honest, I don't really want to go off the beaten track. I don't want to travel to a new location every night or even every other night. I'd rather explore each place in depth.
Now please rip into my itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Diamond Jewellery in Chennai-VISWA & DEVJI
- 2 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 3 5 days in Bali
- 4 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 5 5 weeks in Japan
- 6 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 7 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 8 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 9 Requesting Passport Number
- 10 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 11 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 12 Eating in India
- 13 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 14 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 15 Phu Quoc
- 16 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 17 China and Japan help
- 18 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 19 Help! India Visa question....
- 20 Singapore hotel
- 21 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 22 Indonesia in February/rainy season
- 23 Still contemplating SEA this winter and have questions
- 24 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!