This is my first post but I've been reading away and have already found some terrific info and ideas on this forum for my upcoming trip to South East Asia.
I'd like to ask for help with my itinerary below. At this point, I'd like to stick to this routing so I'm looking for:
1) suggestions for adding/subtracting time in each location
2) day trip ideas
Today I spent several hours searching connections and fares on low cost airlines to help me pinpoint my route. For just less than $300 USD total, I've come up with the following route and rough timeline.
Singapore 5 days
Penang 4 days
Kuala Lumpur 4 days
Bangkok 4 days
Ko Samui 8 days
Hong Kong 7 days
Macau 1 day
I have 32 nights between arriving and departing the region. I arrive in the afternoon and depart around midnight of the 33rd night.
I'm aware that I need to take travel time into consideration but I can't do that until I know exactly which flights I'll be taking and for that I need to know exactly how many days I'd like to spend in each location. Which brings us to my question for help.
I'm purposely postponing Vietnam and China because of their Visa requirements.
My trip goals are to relax, try lots of new food, shop and gain travel confidence for future trips. This is my first trip to Asia, let alone SE Asia. To be honest, I don't really want to go off the beaten track. I don't want to travel to a new location every night or even every other night. I'd rather explore each place in depth.
Now please rip into my itinerary.
SE Asia Route Planned: Please help with time distribution
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help needed
- 2 Stop-over in Seoul
- 3 Plans for Nepal/Bhutan continued: how does this sound??
- 4 Bali - January 2015
- 5 2 week Japan itinerary
- 6 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!
- 7 Need help planning a trip to Myanmar, Laos and Vietnam
- 8 Visa Cambodia
- 9 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 10 Sri Lanka itinerary-please critic
- 11 Taken to the police station for not carrying documents... please, help!
- 12 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 13 Please comment re. itinerary for Indochina
- 14 Pai in N. Thailand? Worth it?
- 15 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 16 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Sri Lanka Not Bangladesh
- 17 Our favorite hotels and restaurants of Bali – Ubud, Amed, Pemuteran
- 18 meeting at beijing airport
- 19 One week in Tokyo
- 20 Suggestions for bike tour operators that offer smaller tours (4-5 days)
- 21 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 22 Souvenirs/shopping in Thailand
- 23 Travelling in China at Christmas
- 24 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 25 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo