This is my first post but I've been reading away and have already found some terrific info and ideas on this forum for my upcoming trip to South East Asia.
I'd like to ask for help with my itinerary below. At this point, I'd like to stick to this routing so I'm looking for:
1) suggestions for adding/subtracting time in each location
2) day trip ideas
Today I spent several hours searching connections and fares on low cost airlines to help me pinpoint my route. For just less than $300 USD total, I've come up with the following route and rough timeline.
Singapore 5 days
Penang 4 days
Kuala Lumpur 4 days
Bangkok 4 days
Ko Samui 8 days
Hong Kong 7 days
Macau 1 day
I have 32 nights between arriving and departing the region. I arrive in the afternoon and depart around midnight of the 33rd night.
I'm aware that I need to take travel time into consideration but I can't do that until I know exactly which flights I'll be taking and for that I need to know exactly how many days I'd like to spend in each location. Which brings us to my question for help.
I'm purposely postponing Vietnam and China because of their Visa requirements.
My trip goals are to relax, try lots of new food, shop and gain travel confidence for future trips. This is my first trip to Asia, let alone SE Asia. To be honest, I don't really want to go off the beaten track. I don't want to travel to a new location every night or even every other night. I'd rather explore each place in depth.
Now please rip into my itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Agoda for Myanmar hotels
- 2 Ayutthaya & Bangkok - Travel Report
- 3 BKK Street Food Disappearing per BBC
- 4 Questions on Details for 23 Days in Japan
- 5 My plans 5 days japan 1 korea
- 6 Kyoto to Tokyo on December 31?
- 7 AirAsia from DMK (vs. other airlines from BKK) to Siem Reap
- 8 Earthquake in Myanmar
- 9 Have you stayed at Dormy Inn Expres s Asakusa ?
- 10 Hakone and Mt Fuji
- 11 Ferrari Hire Bangkok
- 12 A great trip in India
- 13 Back to Bangkok this month!
- 14 Burma in Jan, weather questions.
- 15 Onsen ryokan for single near Tokyo
- 16 Rangoon and Lake Inle, how many days?
- 17 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 18 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 19 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 20 Sulawesi
- 21 Koh Lanra + Bangkok or Siem Reap?
- 22 Direct flight from JFK/Newark to Tokyo
- 23 Day Trip in Bohol - Travel Report
- 24 Family Japan Trip August 2016
- 25 Pearls in Beijing and MORE!