This is my first post but I've been reading away and have already found some terrific info and ideas on this forum for my upcoming trip to South East Asia.
I'd like to ask for help with my itinerary below. At this point, I'd like to stick to this routing so I'm looking for:
1) suggestions for adding/subtracting time in each location
2) day trip ideas
Today I spent several hours searching connections and fares on low cost airlines to help me pinpoint my route. For just less than $300 USD total, I've come up with the following route and rough timeline.
Singapore 5 days
Penang 4 days
Kuala Lumpur 4 days
Bangkok 4 days
Ko Samui 8 days
Hong Kong 7 days
Macau 1 day
I have 32 nights between arriving and departing the region. I arrive in the afternoon and depart around midnight of the 33rd night.
I'm aware that I need to take travel time into consideration but I can't do that until I know exactly which flights I'll be taking and for that I need to know exactly how many days I'd like to spend in each location. Which brings us to my question for help.
I'm purposely postponing Vietnam and China because of their Visa requirements.
My trip goals are to relax, try lots of new food, shop and gain travel confidence for future trips. This is my first trip to Asia, let alone SE Asia. To be honest, I don't really want to go off the beaten track. I don't want to travel to a new location every night or even every other night. I'd rather explore each place in depth.
Now please rip into my itinerary.
SE Asia Route Planned: Please help with time distribution
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Passport Safety
- 2 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 3 Independent female traveller
- 4 Castle & King
- 5 Need suggestions for solo trip (2-3 weeks, next May)
- 6 Mt Aso Eruption
- 7 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 8 6-7 months in SE Asia (majority in Thailand) - visa, weather, meet-up ?s
- 9 Smeagol and Muffin in Sri Lanka ( and a quick stop in Dubai)
- 10 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 11 North Vietnam Again!
- 12 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 13 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 14 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 15 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 16 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 17 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 18 One week in India
- 19 Itinerary for Second Visit to Japan
- 20 End of March - Seeking a fabulous ryokan relatively near Tokyo for 2 nights
- 21 Bangkok airport taxi options
- 22 Complex Travel Group - Doable? Safe?
- 23 6 nights at Bahdhavgahr, or split between Bandhavgarg and Kanha?
- 24 Where to stay for 2-3 nights between Tsumago and Hakone April 2015
- 25 Borneo or Sri Lanka for vacation?