This is my first post but I've been reading away and have already found some terrific info and ideas on this forum for my upcoming trip to South East Asia.
I'd like to ask for help with my itinerary below. At this point, I'd like to stick to this routing so I'm looking for:
1) suggestions for adding/subtracting time in each location
2) day trip ideas
Today I spent several hours searching connections and fares on low cost airlines to help me pinpoint my route. For just less than $300 USD total, I've come up with the following route and rough timeline.
Singapore 5 days
Penang 4 days
Kuala Lumpur 4 days
Bangkok 4 days
Ko Samui 8 days
Hong Kong 7 days
Macau 1 day
I have 32 nights between arriving and departing the region. I arrive in the afternoon and depart around midnight of the 33rd night.
I'm aware that I need to take travel time into consideration but I can't do that until I know exactly which flights I'll be taking and for that I need to know exactly how many days I'd like to spend in each location. Which brings us to my question for help.
I'm purposely postponing Vietnam and China because of their Visa requirements.
My trip goals are to relax, try lots of new food, shop and gain travel confidence for future trips. This is my first trip to Asia, let alone SE Asia. To be honest, I don't really want to go off the beaten track. I don't want to travel to a new location every night or even every other night. I'd rather explore each place in depth.
Now please rip into my itinerary.
SE Asia Route Planned: Please help with time distribution
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on India Tour specifics
- 2 Scouting for early retirement locations
- 3 India, What Can I Say!
- 4 Recommendations for a 2 week tour in ASIA (DEC. 2014)
- 5 Phuket
- 6 Vietnam Itinerary - Please
- 7 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 8 Inle lake ... Budget hotel w/ AC?
- 9 Hong Kong for Chinese New Year 2015
- 10 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 11 Destination Bangkok, again
- 12 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 13 Travel during China national week?
- 14 South Chaweng beach Hotel Recommendations?
- 15 Trip Report: Java, Bali, Rinca, Borneo, Siem Reap
- 16 One night in Bangkok ... Btw 2 airports
- 17 What's the Best Area to Stay in Seoul for a First-Timer?
- 18 Luang Prabang -- budget guesthouse?
- 19 Thailand and where else in December? Sweden, Australia, Asian cruise?
- 20 Angkor - when to go?
- 21 Nha Trang Island, Phu Quoc, or Sihanoukville
- 22 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 23 India with 4 kids
- 24 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 25 And there goes the neighborhood........