This is my first post but I've been reading away and have already found some terrific info and ideas on this forum for my upcoming trip to South East Asia.
I'd like to ask for help with my itinerary below. At this point, I'd like to stick to this routing so I'm looking for:
1) suggestions for adding/subtracting time in each location
2) day trip ideas
Today I spent several hours searching connections and fares on low cost airlines to help me pinpoint my route. For just less than $300 USD total, I've come up with the following route and rough timeline.
Singapore 5 days
Penang 4 days
Kuala Lumpur 4 days
Bangkok 4 days
Ko Samui 8 days
Hong Kong 7 days
Macau 1 day
I have 32 nights between arriving and departing the region. I arrive in the afternoon and depart around midnight of the 33rd night.
I'm aware that I need to take travel time into consideration but I can't do that until I know exactly which flights I'll be taking and for that I need to know exactly how many days I'd like to spend in each location. Which brings us to my question for help.
I'm purposely postponing Vietnam and China because of their Visa requirements.
My trip goals are to relax, try lots of new food, shop and gain travel confidence for future trips. This is my first trip to Asia, let alone SE Asia. To be honest, I don't really want to go off the beaten track. I don't want to travel to a new location every night or even every other night. I'd rather explore each place in depth.
Now please rip into my itinerary.
SE Asia Route Planned: Please help with time distribution
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 2 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 3 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 4 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 5 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 6 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 7 Indian visa
- 8 Mangalore, India as cruise stop…seems underwhelming
- 9 Assistance planning remaining 5 days in South Thailand
- 10 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 11 The City, the River, the Jungle: Our Holiday in Kuching - Borneo
- 12 Hello from Thailand - I'm here!
- 13 Is Asiana Airlines safe?
- 14 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 15 Art in Shanghai
- 16 Dress code in India
- 17 One week in India
- 18 Wedding anniversary in Bali
- 19 Can you HELP with figuring out United Miles and how to get them SF-Bangkok?
- 20 Bali for 10 days need help with budget
- 21 help me plan my first trip to japan!
- 22 Shoe/sock étiquette for temple viewing
- 23 Japan--Visiting Saihoji (Moss Temple)
- 24 Passport Safety
- 25 Kyoto: hotel choices, guides,day trip to Nara