This is my first post but I've been reading away and have already found some terrific info and ideas on this forum for my upcoming trip to South East Asia.
I'd like to ask for help with my itinerary below. At this point, I'd like to stick to this routing so I'm looking for:
1) suggestions for adding/subtracting time in each location
2) day trip ideas
Today I spent several hours searching connections and fares on low cost airlines to help me pinpoint my route. For just less than $300 USD total, I've come up with the following route and rough timeline.
Singapore 5 days
Penang 4 days
Kuala Lumpur 4 days
Bangkok 4 days
Ko Samui 8 days
Hong Kong 7 days
Macau 1 day
I have 32 nights between arriving and departing the region. I arrive in the afternoon and depart around midnight of the 33rd night.
I'm aware that I need to take travel time into consideration but I can't do that until I know exactly which flights I'll be taking and for that I need to know exactly how many days I'd like to spend in each location. Which brings us to my question for help.
I'm purposely postponing Vietnam and China because of their Visa requirements.
My trip goals are to relax, try lots of new food, shop and gain travel confidence for future trips. This is my first trip to Asia, let alone SE Asia. To be honest, I don't really want to go off the beaten track. I don't want to travel to a new location every night or even every other night. I'd rather explore each place in depth.
Now please rip into my itinerary.
SE Asia Route Planned: Please help with time distribution
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Harbin Ice and Snow World
- 2 Restaurants and Things to do at night
- 3 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 4 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 5 Shaanxi History Museum
- 6 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 7 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 8 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 9 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 10 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 11 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 12 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 13 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 14 Update on recent TR's on Mrauk U
- 15 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 16 Takayama ideas in April?
- 17 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 18 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 19 3 Weeks in Japan - Please critique my itineary
- 20 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 21 India
- 22 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 23 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 24 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 25 Vietnam Family Travel Plans