This is my first post but I've been reading away and have already found some terrific info and ideas on this forum for my upcoming trip to South East Asia.
I'd like to ask for help with my itinerary below. At this point, I'd like to stick to this routing so I'm looking for:
1) suggestions for adding/subtracting time in each location
2) day trip ideas
Today I spent several hours searching connections and fares on low cost airlines to help me pinpoint my route. For just less than $300 USD total, I've come up with the following route and rough timeline.
Singapore 5 days
Penang 4 days
Kuala Lumpur 4 days
Bangkok 4 days
Ko Samui 8 days
Hong Kong 7 days
Macau 1 day
I have 32 nights between arriving and departing the region. I arrive in the afternoon and depart around midnight of the 33rd night.
I'm aware that I need to take travel time into consideration but I can't do that until I know exactly which flights I'll be taking and for that I need to know exactly how many days I'd like to spend in each location. Which brings us to my question for help.
I'm purposely postponing Vietnam and China because of their Visa requirements.
My trip goals are to relax, try lots of new food, shop and gain travel confidence for future trips. This is my first trip to Asia, let alone SE Asia. To be honest, I don't really want to go off the beaten track. I don't want to travel to a new location every night or even every other night. I'd rather explore each place in depth.
Now please rip into my itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 2 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 3 My visit to Vietnam
- 4 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 5 Japn tour 10 nights
- 6 Nepal
- 7 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 8 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 9 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 10 My visit to Thailand
- 11 What is the Facilities & Services of Maharajas Express Train?
- 12 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 13 Gutted!
- 14 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 15 5 weeks in Japan
- 16 My visit to Lao
- 17 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 18 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 19 Family Trip to Japan
- 20 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 21 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 22 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires
- 23 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 24 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 25 New Member