This is my first post but I've been reading away and have already found some terrific info and ideas on this forum for my upcoming trip to South East Asia.
I'd like to ask for help with my itinerary below. At this point, I'd like to stick to this routing so I'm looking for:
1) suggestions for adding/subtracting time in each location
2) day trip ideas
Today I spent several hours searching connections and fares on low cost airlines to help me pinpoint my route. For just less than $300 USD total, I've come up with the following route and rough timeline.
Singapore 5 days
Penang 4 days
Kuala Lumpur 4 days
Bangkok 4 days
Ko Samui 8 days
Hong Kong 7 days
Macau 1 day
I have 32 nights between arriving and departing the region. I arrive in the afternoon and depart around midnight of the 33rd night.
I'm aware that I need to take travel time into consideration but I can't do that until I know exactly which flights I'll be taking and for that I need to know exactly how many days I'd like to spend in each location. Which brings us to my question for help.
I'm purposely postponing Vietnam and China because of their Visa requirements.
My trip goals are to relax, try lots of new food, shop and gain travel confidence for future trips. This is my first trip to Asia, let alone SE Asia. To be honest, I don't really want to go off the beaten track. I don't want to travel to a new location every night or even every other night. I'd rather explore each place in depth.
Now please rip into my itinerary.
SE Asia Route Planned: Please help with time distribution
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recommended Rent Car for Bromo - Ijen Tour
- 2 Driver/Guide recommendation for day trips from Ubud?
- 3 Solo female : Bali or Thailand?
- 4 India at the end of May
- 5 27 days in Indonesia - itinerary help!
- 6 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 7 Creating a Central + East Java Dream Travel!
- 8 kyoto hotel - dilema
- 9 Hotels and Hostels in Thailand
- 10 NEPAL CONNECTION Non Profit Restaurant
- 11 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists
- 12 To Nikko or not to Nikko: That is the Question?
- 13 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 14 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 15 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 16 Hiroshima Day Tour
- 17 14 days in Thailand (July 2015)
- 18 River tours in China - please share your experiences
- 19 Has anyone used the home visit system in Hiroshima?
- 20 Singapore
- 21 2 weeks backpacking in Philippines
- 22 National Parks - which to choose
- 23 Thailand, Cambodia and Laos
- 24 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 25 17 Day Itinerary