This is my first post but I've been reading away and have already found some terrific info and ideas on this forum for my upcoming trip to South East Asia.
I'd like to ask for help with my itinerary below. At this point, I'd like to stick to this routing so I'm looking for:
1) suggestions for adding/subtracting time in each location
2) day trip ideas
Today I spent several hours searching connections and fares on low cost airlines to help me pinpoint my route. For just less than $300 USD total, I've come up with the following route and rough timeline.
Singapore 5 days
Penang 4 days
Kuala Lumpur 4 days
Bangkok 4 days
Ko Samui 8 days
Hong Kong 7 days
Macau 1 day
I have 32 nights between arriving and departing the region. I arrive in the afternoon and depart around midnight of the 33rd night.
I'm aware that I need to take travel time into consideration but I can't do that until I know exactly which flights I'll be taking and for that I need to know exactly how many days I'd like to spend in each location. Which brings us to my question for help.
I'm purposely postponing Vietnam and China because of their Visa requirements.
My trip goals are to relax, try lots of new food, shop and gain travel confidence for future trips. This is my first trip to Asia, let alone SE Asia. To be honest, I don't really want to go off the beaten track. I don't want to travel to a new location every night or even every other night. I'd rather explore each place in depth.
Now please rip into my itinerary.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 maldives safe for woman traveling alone?
- 2 3 Weeks In Bali & Gili Islands HELP
- 3 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 4 India in March and April??
- 5 Should I? Solo, male, 52yo, deliberating
- 6 Chilli Crab - Singapore
- 7 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 8 a month in india
- 9 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 10 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 11 India Safari 2017
- 12 Datong in Winter
- 13 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 14 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 15 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 16 haneda hotel
- 17 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 18 Rishikesh, India
- 19 Southeast Asia - 15 Nights Itinerary
- 20 3 days around Krabi - Best Beach to stay?
- 21 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 22 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 23 Siem reap to Sihanoukville flight
- 24 Japan- National Holiday
- 25 Planning a trek to Sikkim amid 16-21 of December 2016