Thanks for reading! Your thoughts and feedback are greatly appreciated! I'm planning a honeymoon for Nov. 20th - Dec. 6th in Thailand (17 days including travel days).
My fiancé and I are in our upper 30s. Active (like hiking etc.) and enjoy having a drink but we're not big on the club and bar scene (we would maybe go out dancing one night). I could use help with the review or our itinerary and filling in the blanks etc. Especially once we get to Phuket / Krabi etc. Here's what we have so far:
Fri. Nov 20th - Depart TX for Bangkok
Sat. Nov. 21st - Arrive in Bangkok between 11pm -12am
Sun. Nov. 22nd - The Royal Grand Palace, Wat Phra Kaew, Wat Pho & maybe Pak Klong
Talad and / or a canal tour (looking at using a private guide)
Mon. Nov. 23rd - Private tour guide - Damnern Saduak Market, Maeklong Railway Market
Tues. Nov. 24th - Private tour guide - Ayutthaya Tour
Wed. Nov. 25th - fly to Chiang Mai. Explore CM on our own in the afternoon
Thurs. Nov. 26th - Elephant Nature Park - day trip only
Fri. Nov. 27th - Doi Inthanon National Park - maybe hire a cab driver for the day?
Sat. Nov. 28th - Maybe Wat Phra Doi Suthep and that area. We found a tour company that actually leads a couple hr. hike in the area around Doi Suthep vs. driving to the different sites.
Sun. Nov. 29th - Fly to Phuket
Mon. Nov. 30th - open day
Tues. Dec. 1st - open day
Wed. Dec. 2nd - open day
Thurs. Dec. 3rd - open day
Fri. Dec. 4th - open day
Sat Dec. 5th - fly back to TX. Not sure about flying out of Bangkok or Phuket? it looks to be about $1,000 per person cheaper to fly out of Bangkok. If we go that route, we might have to get back to Bangkok on Fri. Dec. 4th.
We know we want to spend a couple of nights in Krabi. Any recommendations? It looks like Phra Nang Beach is nice. My fiancé would really like to take a boat tour around Ao Phang Nga as she really wants to see the jagged cliffs, boat through some sea caves etc.
What about visiting Koh Phi Phi Don? Could we stay in Krabi maybe Dec. 1st -4th do a boat tour to some of the other islands?
Probably wouldn't do any diving but looking to go snorkeling, enjoy the beach etc. I see that Kathie recommended John Grey Sea Tours in another thread.
In Bangkok & Phuket we have accommodations with Hyatt. The Hyatt in Phuket looks really nice so one could make a case for hanging at the hotel pools etc. one day but the beaches in the Krabi area look like a dream so I'm thinking we get there ASAP from Phuket.
What's the best way to get from Phuket to Krabi? boat? hire a private cab?
That's prob. enough for one thread. Sorry this is so long. Looking forward to your thoughts and very open to feedback if something on the itinerary doesn't look like it flows right.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 7053035980 Call Girl Near Hotel Shangri la Eros Escort Service
- 2 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 3 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 4 Japan for Foodies
- 5 Taipei Art Scene - Travel Report
- 6 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 7 Singapore weather in August/September
- 8 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 9 One night in Osaka
- 10 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 11 First time going abroad
- 12 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 13 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 14 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 15 Backpacking on a budget
- 16 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 17 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 18 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 19 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 20 electric plug
- 21 Day trips from Sapporo
- 22 Etiquette in Japan
- 23 Northern Thailand Options
- 24 Kurashiki versus Kosanji Temple
- 25 Bhutan travel operator and number of days