Wondering if you could help me plan my trip to Malaysia and Singapore for 25 days in December. Leaving on 7th and returning back on 31st. this is my first trip travelling with my wife and two other Friends, we are in our early 30s.
I been reading and doing lots of research on here and other forums, and still not able to make my mind up how am i going to plan this. we will arrive and depart from KL.
Places i have narrowed it down we could visit in 25 days are
KL - 3 Nights
Cameron Highlands - 2 Nights
Ipoh - just pass by or may be 1 night
Penang - 3 nights (is this too much)
Lankawi - 3 nights
Malacca (malakka) - 3 nights
Singapore 4 nights.
Borneo Kalimantan - remaining days - 4-5 days.
how does this sounds, would you change anything on length of stay or even places in the list doesn't worth a visit? or even add a new place to this list?
How would you plan your itinerary based on these places,? Initially i planned to hire a car and make my way to Penang visiting highlands, Ipoh etc. and return the car there, and visit Lankawi,
then take flight to Borneo from either Lankawi or Penang (but then i found out no flights fly direct from Penang or Lankawi). From Borneo i can take a direct flight to Singapore, then from Singapore make my way to KL via Malacca by train.
Also we will be staying in budget hotels most of the time, or even guest houses, in most places, places like Lankawi, singapore may be 4*.
is it better to drive all the way, or arrive at the destination using public transport then hire a car locally to explore?
After seeing many posts here, people are suggesting to visit Terengannu Area? should i def include this area, is it worth a visit? also read that as its monsoon season, this area gets most rain fall, and wet all the time?
Any feedback on this is appreciated. thanks again
Malaysia 25 days
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India - 2 Days only
- 2 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 3 Red River Delta in Viet Nam: A Good Idea for a Day Trip from Hanoi?
- 4 Malaysian honeymoon
- 5 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 6 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 7 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 8 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 9 Cooking in Chiang Mai & Driving Around Northern Thailand
- 10 Travel during China national week?
- 11 My trip report from the Philippines
- 12 China with Collette Tours
- 13 Exploring Thailand
- 14 Air Asia package from Koh Lipe to Bangkok
- 15 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 16 Tucan Travel Wonders of India and Nepal Review - Travelers, Beware!
- 17 Traveling solo to Thailand and looking for recommended tour company
- 18 Chiang Mai, flight: best travel logistics to which Island?
- 19 Buying cycling clothes in Bangkok
- 20 Ho Chi Minh Mekong delta, pnom penh
- 21 Back from Kyoto, Koyasan, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Kyushu. Questions welcome!
- 22 K.L. Ideas on Hotel so on.
- 23 Sri Lanka vacation with 4 year old.... 10 Day Itenerary Review Help...
- 24 How would you organize this itinerary?
- 25 Experience using River Mekong or SST travel agencies?