Wondering if you could help me plan my trip to Malaysia and Singapore for 25 days in December. Leaving on 7th and returning back on 31st. this is my first trip travelling with my wife and two other Friends, we are in our early 30s.
I been reading and doing lots of research on here and other forums, and still not able to make my mind up how am i going to plan this. we will arrive and depart from KL.
Places i have narrowed it down we could visit in 25 days are
KL - 3 Nights
Cameron Highlands - 2 Nights
Ipoh - just pass by or may be 1 night
Penang - 3 nights (is this too much)
Lankawi - 3 nights
Malacca (malakka) - 3 nights
Singapore 4 nights.
Borneo Kalimantan - remaining days - 4-5 days.
how does this sounds, would you change anything on length of stay or even places in the list doesn't worth a visit? or even add a new place to this list?
How would you plan your itinerary based on these places,? Initially i planned to hire a car and make my way to Penang visiting highlands, Ipoh etc. and return the car there, and visit Lankawi,
then take flight to Borneo from either Lankawi or Penang (but then i found out no flights fly direct from Penang or Lankawi). From Borneo i can take a direct flight to Singapore, then from Singapore make my way to KL via Malacca by train.
Also we will be staying in budget hotels most of the time, or even guest houses, in most places, places like Lankawi, singapore may be 4*.
is it better to drive all the way, or arrive at the destination using public transport then hire a car locally to explore?
After seeing many posts here, people are suggesting to visit Terengannu Area? should i def include this area, is it worth a visit? also read that as its monsoon season, this area gets most rain fall, and wet all the time?
Any feedback on this is appreciated. thanks again
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotel in Hanoi
- 2 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 3 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 4 Tigerwalah Experience
- 5 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 6 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 7 Udon Thani, Thailand - Rustic Pathways high school summer program
- 8 Where best to stay in Penang
- 9 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 10 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 11 Beaches closest to Rajasthan
- 12 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 13 Places to see in Kuala Lumpur
- 14 honeymoon in Thailand-help
- 15 Travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa
- 16 Mumbai Airport Help. Is 2 hours enough time for domestic transfer?
- 17 Beijing tours -- worth it?
- 18 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation
- 19 KOYA-SAN: Hotel, please
- 20 Private guide and driver for India
- 21 NYT: Local cuisine in Siem Reap
- 22 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 23 2 weeks in Asia with a 2 year old (in February)
- 24 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 25 vietnam transportation