Hi Hong Kong Fodorites
We're researching for our stopover in Hong Kong (on route to Italy) next May. A group of 5 - 3 in mid sixties (our folks) plus Lovener2&Lovener1 (both mid thirties). We have all been to Hong Kong before but for most in the group the last visit was pre-Handover. Our interests are great food, scenery, photography, hiking, and since this is HK, (& my Mum is coming), there will also be shopping.
I'm trying to reacquaint myself with the place and have been reading Fodors plus a couple of guidebooks. We will have 3 days and 2 nights on the stopover. I'm trying to make this leg particularly special (and not completely touristy) for my Dad who lived in HK for a year or so 20 years ago.
So, getting to the first question...
We are all seafood lovers and I'm wondering about a meal at Lei Yue Mun. I have read that as a visitor & without having a local person, I am likely to be charged 3 x extra and receive lower quality seafood.
Does anyone have any advice for navigating through this issue or do we just need to take it on the chin? I've also read that there is a protocol of ordering at the live tank and then taking to a restaurant?
I'd be grateful if someone can please step me through the ins & outs / share their restaurant recommendation (I understand there are many) and suggest possible seafood I should order for 5 adults.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 카지노싸이트┗✳⇨ WLD333.COm ✎≪카지노싸이트
- 2 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 3 Booking accomodations in Vietnam
- 4 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 5 http://www.healthinnovgroup.com/nuviante-south-africa/
- 6 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 7 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 8 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 9 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 10 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 11 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 12 Update on riding elephants
- 13 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 14 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
- 15 Medical Trip Insurance: To Buy Or Not To Buy
- 16 NYT article on Bangkok's River of Kings
- 17 Thailand 1st time - June travel
- 18 Thai Airways International Layover: Baggage Recheck?
- 19 What's the best city to travel in Southeast Asia in a short period of time?
- 20 Best Place To Visit in Delhi
- 21 Fur Women's Trip to India
- 22 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 23 Rajasthan by car in 14 days?
- 24 Advice on 6 day itinerary
- 25 Are personal tour guides in Tokyo and Kyoto work the cost?
Lei Yue Mun - seafood district, ok for visitors or will we be ripped off?
Hi Hong Kong Fodorites