Hi Hong Kong Fodorites
We're researching for our stopover in Hong Kong (on route to Italy) next May. A group of 5 - 3 in mid sixties (our folks) plus Lovener2&Lovener1 (both mid thirties). We have all been to Hong Kong before but for most in the group the last visit was pre-Handover. Our interests are great food, scenery, photography, hiking, and since this is HK, (& my Mum is coming), there will also be shopping.
I'm trying to reacquaint myself with the place and have been reading Fodors plus a couple of guidebooks. We will have 3 days and 2 nights on the stopover. I'm trying to make this leg particularly special (and not completely touristy) for my Dad who lived in HK for a year or so 20 years ago.
So, getting to the first question...
We are all seafood lovers and I'm wondering about a meal at Lei Yue Mun. I have read that as a visitor & without having a local person, I am likely to be charged 3 x extra and receive lower quality seafood.
Does anyone have any advice for navigating through this issue or do we just need to take it on the chin? I've also read that there is a protocol of ordering at the live tank and then taking to a restaurant?
I'd be grateful if someone can please step me through the ins & outs / share their restaurant recommendation (I understand there are many) and suggest possible seafood I should order for 5 adults.
Lei Yue Mun - seafood district, ok for visitors or will we be ripped off?
Hi Hong Kong Fodorites
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Truly a one day suit in Hong Kong?
- 2 Japan Itinerary and JR pass questions/China 72-hour Visafree question
- 3 Haneda to Narita Layover : Need advice
- 4 Japan - spending money?
- 5 Help with Malaysia itinerary
- 6 Headed to Thailand this June/July--Help!!
- 7 North India trip report with Castle and King tour company
- 8 Karen and Tom - a romantic Vietnam getaway: ENGAGED!!!
- 9 Please help me plan 3.5 weeks in South Korea
- 10 7 days in Nepal, any suggestions?
- 11 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 12 Finally Going To Bali! Please Help With Flight and Alam Shanti Question
- 13 Good golf in Indonesia?
- 14 April in Bangkok, again!
- 15 Getting down to details and welcome advice: Tokyo
- 16 1st Trip to Bali
- 17 Phuket or Koh Samui
- 18 Japan night bus
- 19 Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam - Recommendations on order of Trip!
- 20 Help..Want to hire a guide/driver for Golden Triangle
- 21 Hire Car In Jaipur
- 22 Can you bargain tour price?
- 23 3 1/2 week trip to Japan advise please!
- 24 4 week solo trip through Myanmar/ Burma
- 25 12 day split between Beijing and Shanghai