Hi Hong Kong Fodorites
We're researching for our stopover in Hong Kong (on route to Italy) next May. A group of 5 - 3 in mid sixties (our folks) plus Lovener2&Lovener1 (both mid thirties). We have all been to Hong Kong before but for most in the group the last visit was pre-Handover. Our interests are great food, scenery, photography, hiking, and since this is HK, (& my Mum is coming), there will also be shopping.
I'm trying to reacquaint myself with the place and have been reading Fodors plus a couple of guidebooks. We will have 3 days and 2 nights on the stopover. I'm trying to make this leg particularly special (and not completely touristy) for my Dad who lived in HK for a year or so 20 years ago.
So, getting to the first question...
We are all seafood lovers and I'm wondering about a meal at Lei Yue Mun. I have read that as a visitor & without having a local person, I am likely to be charged 3 x extra and receive lower quality seafood.
Does anyone have any advice for navigating through this issue or do we just need to take it on the chin? I've also read that there is a protocol of ordering at the live tank and then taking to a restaurant?
I'd be grateful if someone can please step me through the ins & outs / share their restaurant recommendation (I understand there are many) and suggest possible seafood I should order for 5 adults.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 https://sildenafilguide.com/primal-growth-male-enhancement/
- 2 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 3 Why Should I include Colombo in my tour itinerary?
- 4 Best One World Flight Routing For Indonesia: September, 2018
- 5 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 6 Tuk Tuk Driver For Cochin
- 7 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 8 Traffic and Police in India
- 9 Serendipity Srilanka
- 10 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 11 New Thai Visa
- 12 What outwear would you pack for late August?
- 13 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 14 New Years in Japan
- 15 Osaka Food Guide - Travel Report
- 16 Sri Lanka in December
- 17 Travel Report Turkmenistan (Ashgabat - Gas Crater - Konye Urgench)
- 18 january 31 in colombo
- 19 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 20 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 21 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 22 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 23 3 weeks in Japan
- 24 A first time for everything in Japan
- 25 India Tour Companies
Lei Yue Mun - seafood district, ok for visitors or will we be ripped off?
Hi Hong Kong Fodorites