Hi Hong Kong Fodorites
We're researching for our stopover in Hong Kong (on route to Italy) next May. A group of 5 - 3 in mid sixties (our folks) plus Lovener2&Lovener1 (both mid thirties). We have all been to Hong Kong before but for most in the group the last visit was pre-Handover. Our interests are great food, scenery, photography, hiking, and since this is HK, (& my Mum is coming), there will also be shopping.
I'm trying to reacquaint myself with the place and have been reading Fodors plus a couple of guidebooks. We will have 3 days and 2 nights on the stopover. I'm trying to make this leg particularly special (and not completely touristy) for my Dad who lived in HK for a year or so 20 years ago.
So, getting to the first question...
We are all seafood lovers and I'm wondering about a meal at Lei Yue Mun. I have read that as a visitor & without having a local person, I am likely to be charged 3 x extra and receive lower quality seafood.
Does anyone have any advice for navigating through this issue or do we just need to take it on the chin? I've also read that there is a protocol of ordering at the live tank and then taking to a restaurant?
I'd be grateful if someone can please step me through the ins & outs / share their restaurant recommendation (I understand there are many) and suggest possible seafood I should order for 5 adults.
Lei Yue Mun - seafood district, ok for visitors or will we be ripped off?
Hi Hong Kong Fodorites
- 1 Which flight from BKK to Chiang Mai should I take?
- 2 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 3 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 4 Uzbekistan: A Lesson in Silk Road Hospitality
- 5 Kashmir or Nepal
- 6 Restaurants near Shangri-la Kowloon and walking/food tours
- 7 Wildlife Tour of India
- 8 Cell Phones in India
- 9 Amazing Malaysia Trip!
- 10 trip report to tajmahal agra india
- 11 Photography Trip to Vietnam
- 12 white sand beaches in thailand
- 13 Elephant Visit in Chiang Mai
- 14 Udaipur, India
- 15 National Diet Building and Imperial Palace tours
- 16 Beijing To Tibet, Mt. Everest And Nepal All In 10 Days
- 17 Weather in Bangkok & Phuket in September
- 18 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 19 9 PM arrival in Narita
- 20 where is best place to exchange left over Chinese RMB's for US dollars
- 21 Kanchanaburi - Toi's Tours
- 22 Thailand-Japan-China (is it a bad idea?)
- 23 Trip plans to SE Asia for 2014 coming together! Int'l flights purchased!
- 24 11 days in Japan, JR pass question
- 25 Nepal, Tibet, and Bhutan tour suggestions