I am in the process of organising my trip to Japan and have had a lot of people ask me why I'm not concerned about the risks of contamination/radioactivity arising from the 2011 disaster. I'm normally a little bit of a worrier so they think it's weird that I'm not concerned.
I haven't paid an enormous amount of attention to the reports but I gather that the government keeps saying it's safe and everything is fine outside of the immediate area of the reactors and some people don't believe this at all. What are your thoughts? Do I have anything to worry about?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Recommended novel for those visiting (or who have visited ) Cambodia
- 2 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 3 14 days in Myanmar
- 4 Harbin in mid March
- 5 Are 8 days enough for this itinerary ?
- 6 Changing planes at Dubai
- 7 Chestnuts, Hokusai, Snow Monkeys: two day trip to Obuse & Shibu Onsen
- 8 50th Anniversary trip
- 9 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 10 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 11 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 12 Indian Food Series
- 13 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 14 "necessities" for India
- 15 Osaka-Kyoto-Shiragawa-Tokyo
- 16 New Year Eve in Hanoi
- 17 Early planning for Kazakhstan and Mongolia
- 18 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 19 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 20 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 21 Short trip to Myanmar
- 22 ATMs in Japan
- 23 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 24 First time backpacking - 5 weeks in Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, and Thailand
- 25 A Journey to Jagna, Bohol - Trip Report