I am in the process of organising my trip to Japan and have had a lot of people ask me why I'm not concerned about the risks of contamination/radioactivity arising from the 2011 disaster. I'm normally a little bit of a worrier so they think it's weird that I'm not concerned.
I haven't paid an enormous amount of attention to the reports but I gather that the government keeps saying it's safe and everything is fine outside of the immediate area of the reactors and some people don't believe this at all. What are your thoughts? Do I have anything to worry about?
Japan - radioactivity?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Welcome To Saigon. The Heat Is On.
- 2 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip
- 3 July itinerary in Japan
- 4 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 5 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 6 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 7 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 8 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 9 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 10 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 11 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 12 10 Day Trip Through Japan (Help needed!)
- 13 picture for evisa for Myanmar?
- 14 At the very beginning stages of planning a trip to Shanghai and Beijing
- 15 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 16 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 17 Dinner for friends visiting Hanoi
- 18 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 19 Myanmar - some questions
- 20 NYT Article on Myanmar
- 21 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 22 Chiang Mai - Sightseeing
- 23 Is Boutique Sri Lanka out of business?
- 24 Vietnam Itinerary - should I drop anything as too much
- 25 Lcuy's 2015 Jaunt to Japan; Kyushu w/ Fukuoka, Kumamoto & Kurokawa Onsen