I am in the process of organising my trip to Japan and have had a lot of people ask me why I'm not concerned about the risks of contamination/radioactivity arising from the 2011 disaster. I'm normally a little bit of a worrier so they think it's weird that I'm not concerned.
I haven't paid an enormous amount of attention to the reports but I gather that the government keeps saying it's safe and everything is fine outside of the immediate area of the reactors and some people don't believe this at all. What are your thoughts? Do I have anything to worry about?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 2 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 3 Tea estates of Munnar
- 4 Booking on the fly
- 5 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 6 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 7 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 8 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 9 like my food
- 10 Laos or Kerala?
- 11 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 12 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 13 Portable wifi rental
- 14 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions
- 15 Myanmar Itinerary -would like some help!
- 16 Where to from Tokyo?!
- 17 Duty-Free on Arrival at Hanoi Noi Bai Airport
- 18 Gluten Free in Armenia?
- 19 Uzbekistan Visa
- 20 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 21 Neighborhoods in Singapore, Bangkok, Cambodia
- 22 Hokkaido and northern Honshu itinerary advice
- 23 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 24 Japan in April - too crazy during cherry blossom season?
- 25 hard to get info on here