I am in the process of organising my trip to Japan and have had a lot of people ask me why I'm not concerned about the risks of contamination/radioactivity arising from the 2011 disaster. I'm normally a little bit of a worrier so they think it's weird that I'm not concerned.
I haven't paid an enormous amount of attention to the reports but I gather that the government keeps saying it's safe and everything is fine outside of the immediate area of the reactors and some people don't believe this at all. What are your thoughts? Do I have anything to worry about?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Deluxe Luangsay cruise or mid-range cruise like Nagi of Mekong or Shompoo?
- 2 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 3 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 4 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 5 Scenery around Luang Prabang
- 6 Hakone station confusion
- 7 Tailor recommendation in Hoi An Viet Nam
- 8 Last questions (train pass!) on 19-day itinerary
- 9 TOKYO tour guide
- 10 travel ideas for Thailand and ??
- 11 Traveling to SE Asia
- 12 Rifaximin for the dreaded stomach issues
- 13 Elephants, Gibbons and Cambodian Countryside
- 14 Rupees upon arrival in Delhi
- 15 1 month in Thailand and??
- 16 Kimballs in Panama
- 17 Japan - 8 nights. Tokyo, Osaka &
- 18 Visa on Arrival
- 19 first draft -- java and bali, plus
- 20 Best Thailand beach town for family with 2 toddlers?
- 21 Flights from Florida to Thailand
- 22 Kyushu Trip May 2013
- 23 Borneo/Sabah Itinerary: Danum or Kinabatagan?
- 24 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 25 Japan Hakone Free Pass