I am in the process of organising my trip to Japan and have had a lot of people ask me why I'm not concerned about the risks of contamination/radioactivity arising from the 2011 disaster. I'm normally a little bit of a worrier so they think it's weird that I'm not concerned.
I haven't paid an enormous amount of attention to the reports but I gather that the government keeps saying it's safe and everything is fine outside of the immediate area of the reactors and some people don't believe this at all. What are your thoughts? Do I have anything to worry about?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India help needed
- 2 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 3 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 4 Sim cards and adaptors
- 5 Sri Lanka Visa
- 6 Hoi Ann hotel
- 7 Hotel in Hanoi
- 8 Place to stay Hue
- 9 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 10 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 11 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 12 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 13 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 14 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 15 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 16 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 17 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 18 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 19 Trekking outside Sapa
- 20 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 21 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 22 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 23 Go to Pai or not?
- 24 Ko Kraden hotels
- 25 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake