I am in the process of organising my trip to Japan and have had a lot of people ask me why I'm not concerned about the risks of contamination/radioactivity arising from the 2011 disaster. I'm normally a little bit of a worrier so they think it's weird that I'm not concerned.
I haven't paid an enormous amount of attention to the reports but I gather that the government keeps saying it's safe and everything is fine outside of the immediate area of the reactors and some people don't believe this at all. What are your thoughts? Do I have anything to worry about?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need help with Sri Lanka itinerary and hotels
- 2 Quickie Kathmandu visit worthwhile?
- 3 Need ideas for 9 nights end of Feb. in Malaysia or Indonesia
- 4 Other than Kyoto?
- 5 First time in Japan - itinerary feedback
- 6 Japan itinerary advice
- 7 Trip Report : China
- 8 Namaste India - Shopping/Money
- 9 help with trip itinerary in April/May
- 10 Help with itinerary for 11 days
- 11 Japan GTG, early April
- 12 Upcoming friendly planet trip best of India and nepql
- 13 Staying in Chaoyang, XiCheng or Dongsheng - Beijing
- 14 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 15 Honest opinion needed about Thailand
- 16 Goodbye, Carol Simpson
- 17 Confusion with LTE data with a Verizon iPhone 6 Plus
- 18 Hotels near Takefu Train Station
- 19 Vietnam for 14 days help to find travel company
- 20 Japan: 34 days becomes 12 (or 17)
- 21 Narita Airport to Shinjuku
- 22 Beijing tours
- 23 Planning First Family Trip to Japan - Advice Needed!
- 24 Advice needed from Japan train pros
- 25 Pandaw-up the Chindwin TR