It looks like we will have more time in India than we thought, so I am scrapping my original itinerary and starting from scratch. We now have a month. We want to start in Bombay and end in Kathmandu. The rest is now a blank. What would you do? Though we've traveled extensively around the world, its our first time to India. We like to travel by car/van or will consider train (especially overnight train) if the road between two places is impassable (we used to live in a place that had very few, and horrible roads, so kinda bad roads don't scare us!). We like to stay at least 2-3 nights in each place. We like to travel independently. We have a moderate budget -- probably can't stay at the Oberoi every night, but can splurge on a couple really nice places. Is there a place that you absolutely loved and wished that you could have spent more time there? Please let me know and why. I've read several guidebooks and think we want to do Rahjastan, Delhi and Varanasi. How would you build the perfect itinerary? Thanks in advance for all your ideas!!!
If you had one month in India, where would you go?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 2 Kyoto and beyond - 9 days trip in April 2014
- 3 How safe is it for US Citizens in Hat Yai and Violence in Southern Thailand
- 4 Japan and Hong Kong, September 2014
- 5 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 6 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 7 Xian - Make your own warriors?
- 8 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 9 Kashmir today
- 10 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 11 Overnight trek to Mine Thauk Village?
- 12 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 13 Vietnam - In Search of Accessible Nature
- 14 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 15 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 16 Obtaining Multiple-entry China Visa for American in Hong Kong
- 17 Alleppey Backwater Cruise at Kerala
- 18 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 19 Luang Prabang Waterfall
- 20 Asia July 2015 for 2 weeks
- 21 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 22 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 23 Triple Room in Singapore
- 24 What I like about Mumbai
- 25 Favorite hotel in X'ian?