It looks like we will have more time in India than we thought, so I am scrapping my original itinerary and starting from scratch. We now have a month. We want to start in Bombay and end in Kathmandu. The rest is now a blank. What would you do? Though we've traveled extensively around the world, its our first time to India. We like to travel by car/van or will consider train (especially overnight train) if the road between two places is impassable (we used to live in a place that had very few, and horrible roads, so kinda bad roads don't scare us!). We like to stay at least 2-3 nights in each place. We like to travel independently. We have a moderate budget -- probably can't stay at the Oberoi every night, but can splurge on a couple really nice places. Is there a place that you absolutely loved and wished that you could have spent more time there? Please let me know and why. I've read several guidebooks and think we want to do Rahjastan, Delhi and Varanasi. How would you build the perfect itinerary? Thanks in advance for all your ideas!!!
If you had one month in India, where would you go?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Has anyone seen any tandem bicycle rentals in Luang Prabang?
- 2 HELP! BKK, UdonThani&Beach Budget Family
- 3 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 4 Top ten historical monuments in India - what is yours?
- 5 Driving in Laos
- 6 Best Taiwan Sites
- 7 10 Days in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia
- 8 In Chiang Mai Thailand
- 9 13 Hour layover in KL, never visited city before, ideas?
- 10 Japan Itinerary Help Please! 4.5-4.17
- 11 Passport Safety
- 12 Sightseeing suggestions for Manila
- 13 My trip report from the Philippines
- 14 Art in Shanghai
- 15 One week in Thailand
- 16 Thailand, Laos, Cambodia
- 17 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 18 A hero in Myanmar: A man who does his job
- 19 Final Itinerary Kyoto area through Kamakura (skipping Tokyo this trip)
- 20 How would you do Hiroshima & Miyajima if can only stay 1 night in Miyajima?
- 21 Where to Play Basketball In Phuket
- 22 Cebu/Bohol - where to stay, how to see Chocolate Hills
- 23 Obtaining Thai Visa in Laos
- 24 Thailand mid-December
- 25 Safe for solo female travel in Malaysia?