It looks like we will have more time in India than we thought, so I am scrapping my original itinerary and starting from scratch. We now have a month. We want to start in Bombay and end in Kathmandu. The rest is now a blank. What would you do? Though we've traveled extensively around the world, its our first time to India. We like to travel by car/van or will consider train (especially overnight train) if the road between two places is impassable (we used to live in a place that had very few, and horrible roads, so kinda bad roads don't scare us!). We like to stay at least 2-3 nights in each place. We like to travel independently. We have a moderate budget -- probably can't stay at the Oberoi every night, but can splurge on a couple really nice places. Is there a place that you absolutely loved and wished that you could have spent more time there? Please let me know and why. I've read several guidebooks and think we want to do Rahjastan, Delhi and Varanasi. How would you build the perfect itinerary? Thanks in advance for all your ideas!!!
If you had one month in India, where would you go?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 2 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 3 Travel during China national week?
- 4 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 5 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 6 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 7 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 8 Favorite travel apps?
- 9 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 10 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 11 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 12 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 13 Destination Bangkok, again
- 14 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 15 Foreign currency
- 16 how to book a train from -DaNang to Hue, Vietnam
- 17 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 18 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 19 Honeymoon In sept
- 20 Vietnam October 2014
- 21 India Wildlife Expedition Trip Report!
- 22 Indonesian visa update
- 23 Tourist Visa for France/UK
- 24 Kyushu Japan: Driver Needed For Amakusa
- 25 Hong Kong in June - Oh The Humidity!!