It looks like we will have more time in India than we thought, so I am scrapping my original itinerary and starting from scratch. We now have a month. We want to start in Bombay and end in Kathmandu. The rest is now a blank. What would you do? Though we've traveled extensively around the world, its our first time to India. We like to travel by car/van or will consider train (especially overnight train) if the road between two places is impassable (we used to live in a place that had very few, and horrible roads, so kinda bad roads don't scare us!). We like to stay at least 2-3 nights in each place. We like to travel independently. We have a moderate budget -- probably can't stay at the Oberoi every night, but can splurge on a couple really nice places. Is there a place that you absolutely loved and wished that you could have spent more time there? Please let me know and why. I've read several guidebooks and think we want to do Rahjastan, Delhi and Varanasi. How would you build the perfect itinerary? Thanks in advance for all your ideas!!!
If you had one month in India, where would you go?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Problems booking a hotel in Tokyo
- 2 Where did you exchange dollars for Rupees??
- 3 4-5 days in SE Asia
- 4 Short trip to Bangkok via Dubai
- 5 Kyushu & Honshu Fall 2011
- 6 Myanmar - A Visit to a Country in Transition
- 7 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 8 1st time Japan - solo female
- 9 Please share the things you liked in Hanoi and Hoi An
- 10 David's Trip Report--Japan- November 2013
- 11 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 12 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 13 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 14 Odyssey unlimited
- 15 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 16 Best of NHK - Video Streaming
- 17 Myanmar Burma travel agent
- 18 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 19 Need your Expertise with my Japanese........Itinerary!
- 20 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 21 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 22 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 23 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 24 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 25 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?