Thanks again for the many tips you gave on my last thread about Bangkok. Due to unforeseen health reasons, I will be spending a week there solo instead- April 2nd- 8th (well, 2am on the 9th...) To keep my family happy I'm trying to plan as many tours and classes as I can (even though I really don't want to) because obviously that will keep me from getting hit by lightning again *sarcasm* (It's backwards tho, since had I been traveling solo in Burma I wouldn't have gone on the lake in the storm!)
I read through hundreds of reviews on TA- settled on on school, but wait! They're moving locations a week before I get there and will now be 45 mins+ outside the city. No thanks.
Any recommendations for cooking classes that won't break the bank? Cooking with Poo? Sompong Thai Cooking school?
Also contacted Thai Private Tours, waiting on a response, but I feel like I don't need a tour guide for Grand Palace/Wat Po/National Museum (GP and NM both have free tours!) - true?
Also, I just happened upon the fact that I'll be in town the one day a year that the Royal Pantheon is open in the Grand Palace- April 6th- worth it to go that day? Anyone been?
I think I may use them to go to a floating market, but at $200+ for the day, that seems a bit steep. Not sure if I want to do a super touristy tour, but if it'll save $$$ I may be open to it. Recommendations?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok Hotel- near BTS & late check out
- 2 So excited - going to Siem Reap
- 3 Hotel Chang Mai
- 4 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 5 process for arriving in Narita airport
- 6 Kindly request/need 30 days Thailand+Vietnam itineary advice
- 7 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 8 Ankor Wat - sunset , sunrise, itinerary
- 9 Advising hotels of time of arrival?
- 10 Hotel in Hanoi
- 11 India help needed
- 12 Beach hotel Thailand
- 13 Cruise to Vietnam -Excursions from cruise terminal
- 14 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 15 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 16 Sim cards and adaptors
- 17 Singapor/Malaysia/Thailand trip - Need advices!
- 18 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 19 Sri Lanka Visa
- 20 Hoi Ann hotel
- 21 Place to stay Hue
- 22 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 23 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 24 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 25 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon