First of all, I wish to thank all contributors for all the wonderful info that is available, I have read heaps and taken copious notes. But one question remains, should we (2 couples) hire a car/driver for the whole of our 3 weeks as we plan to travel across the centre to Trincomalee , down the east coast to National Parks, then along parts of south and west coasts. In some locations we will most likely stay 3 nights. Do we need to keep the same driver or would it be better to hire new one when we move on, and is this easy enough to do? Any advice or details of previous experiences will be greatly appreciated.
Confused: Sri Lanka. 3 wks..driver/car all trip or.....
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Travels in Tumultuous Thailand, languid Luang Prabang & Smiling Siem Reap
- 2 Itinerary set: Now some logistical questions on first time trip to Japan
- 3 3 weeks in Japan- Finalized... I think
- 4 Recommended - Book Halong Bay Cruise Vietnam - with Darian Culbert
- 5 looking for a great hotel in K.L./ Lost camera!!!!!!!
- 6 Myanmar Trip Report: Is It "Too Late" To Go?
- 7 Great trip to Myanmar, Bangkok and Hong Kong
- 8 1 week in North and Central Vietnam in February
- 9 Guide/Driver for Mumbai,
- 10 Jaipur--Jas Vilas or Royal Heritge Haveli ?
- 11 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 12 Travelling to Thailand from U.S. this June/July
- 13 First timer trying to prepare for trip of a lifetime: BURMA
- 14 How to get to Koh Ngai?
- 15 Glovers 2 month India adventure has begun!
- 16 Japan Itinerary for May
- 17 Thai island escape
- 18 Planning 19 days in Indonesia- need help
- 19 Indonesia/Java/Sulawesi Travel Advice needed
- 20 Halong Bay Tour - Is there another day tour you recommend instead?
- 21 What are good things to buy while in Shanghai China
- 22 Visa Arrived..off to India!!!
- 23 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 24 South Korea 5 days
- 25 Japan -OAT tour