I’ve been to a few capsule hotels and I can’t get enough of them. I adore them. Usually I don’t spend more than 3000yen a night (at most) on accommodation and just stick to backpacker hostels and shared dormitories, but I think I can expand my budget to look for a night in a great capsule hotel. And so I’m looking for recommendations on capsule hotels, any price! Since I’ll be touring Japan, really any area is fine.
Basically I’m looking for a futuristic / sci-fi kind of atmosphere. Maybe with cool lighting (for example a blue light inside my pod?), cold surfaces, a sense of high tech and systematic order. Lines, uniformity, clean to the point of giving off a clinical or hospital feeling. One pod in the middle of a hundred others! (If there’s a possibility I might get lost in my own room because of how many pods there are I would be ecstatic).
So far I’ve found Kyoto Capsule 9 hours that looks okay, but I’d like something more… large scale maybe? I don’t know. I know that’s asking for a lot or it might be hard to find something perfect, but I’m sure whatever you can find won’t disappoint. I’m putting my wish list out there just for the record, I’ll be happy even if it doesn’t have everything on the list. Please help me?
PS: Sliding doors are preferable over curtains
Things that are NOT necessary or important by the way: TV, good common area, onsen / spa / relaxation area, restaurant or meals… I’m more interested in the sleeping area!
Thanks in advance, I hope you can help me out.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 US : YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT 1:888:482 :3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 3 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 4 Bali & Singapore in October
- 5 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 6 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 7 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 8 Booking on the fly
- 9 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 10 Tea estates of Munnar
- 11 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 12 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 13 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 14 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?
- 15 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 16 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 17 Bali Honeymoon - Rec. for Quieter Northern Town
- 18 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 19 like my food
- 20 Laos or Kerala?
- 21 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 22 Portable wifi rental
- 23 21 Day Itinerary to Myanmar - Looking for Suggestions
- 24 Myanmar Itinerary -would like some help!
- 25 Where to from Tokyo?!