My travel agent is trying to convince me to skip Tibet and go to Bhutan instead. She believes that with the train to Lhasa and chinese control for so long that Tibet has lost its quality and ethnicity. Any opinions? I have been to Nepal and was amazed by the Tibetan people living there as refugees.
Bhutan or Tibet?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok: Shangri-La, Penninsula, Mandarin Oriental
- 2 10 Day Japan Trip - Need Some Help Choosing!
- 3 Sr Lanka Update
- 4 vietnam and laos
- 5 A Thailand holiday vacation 9 years in a row!
- 6 Busan in two weeks January 2015, coping with the cold.
- 7 First trip to Vietnam! Help me with my itinerary please!
- 8 Which Section of Great Wall? And add visit to Ming Tombs?
- 9 Travel Report to Siem Reap + Angkor + Northwest Cambodia
- 10 New Hanoi Hotel opening
- 11 A week of blue skies in Beijing, who would've guessed?
- 12 Connaught Place
- 13 questions about trip to Mrauk U
- 14 Burma - Our Mad Dash Across Too Much
- 15 My SEA trip - photos update
- 16 Bali - seeking feedback on 3-week itinerary
- 17 Which to see first - Kyoto or Tokyo?
- 18 6 Hour Layover in Hong Kong what to do
- 19 One night stand in Tokyo: what area/hotel to stay in?
- 20 You're Not Going to Japan AGAIN?
- 21 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 22 First trip to Japan-17 night Itinerary in Cherry Blossom season
- 23 Elephants in Northern Thailand
- 24 From Ryokan to Buddhist Monastery: Two Weeks in Japan
- 25 Best country to visit 1st time in Southeast Asia