I am traveling next Thursday the 21st to Bangkok, and staying until the 28th. I, however, just realized recently that I will only have four full days in Bangkok (BKK), due to the International Date Line.
I understand from other forums that if people are arriving in Bangkok in the morning, they just sleep on the plane, so then they can wake up and be as alert as they are every morning. That makes total sense, however it is not my situation. I am arriving at BKK at 11:00 at night.
Here's my departure info:
Leaving San Diego at 10:21 am, arriving at San Fran at 11:56am (1 hr. 35 min.). Then leave San Fran at 1:15pm, and arrive to Seoul the next day at 5:25 pm (12 hr 10 minute flight), then leave Seoul at 6:20pm and finally arrive to BKK at 11:05pm (5 hr. 45 min flight).
My ultimate goal is not having jet lag during the mere four day visit in Bangkok for which I paid more than a thousand dollars. I also want to be able to sleep for a whole night when I get to BKK so I can wake up bright-eyed the next morning and on the Thai sleep schedule.
So, when do I sleep when I'm flying over there? I LOVE sleeping on planes; its' easy for me, and makes time go by faster. Unfortunately, I'm thinking it's probably not the best idea to sleep for most of the time because then I will be awake in BKK when I'm supposed to be sleeping.
What with three flights, can you please tell me, in your opinion, when you think I should sleep and when I should be awake during the flight so as to be tired when I arrive in BKK? I obviously can't stay awake the whole time. Tylenol PM for a few hours? No-Jet-Lag pill? Other suggestions?
If you could reply asap, that would be awesome so I can stop stressing about this.
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 How is "Vientiane" Pronounced?
- 2 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 3 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 4 Itinerary Help Japan
- 5 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 6 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 7 November, March, June... Japan?
- 8 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 9 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 10 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 11 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 12 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 13 Silk Road Tour - China
- 14 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 15 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 16 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 17 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 18 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 19 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 20 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 21 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 22 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 23 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 24 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 25 The best time for hiking in Yakushima