I am traveling next Thursday the 21st to Bangkok, and staying until the 28th. I, however, just realized recently that I will only have four full days in Bangkok (BKK), due to the International Date Line.
I understand from other forums that if people are arriving in Bangkok in the morning, they just sleep on the plane, so then they can wake up and be as alert as they are every morning. That makes total sense, however it is not my situation. I am arriving at BKK at 11:00 at night.
Here's my departure info:
Leaving San Diego at 10:21 am, arriving at San Fran at 11:56am (1 hr. 35 min.). Then leave San Fran at 1:15pm, and arrive to Seoul the next day at 5:25 pm (12 hr 10 minute flight), then leave Seoul at 6:20pm and finally arrive to BKK at 11:05pm (5 hr. 45 min flight).
My ultimate goal is not having jet lag during the mere four day visit in Bangkok for which I paid more than a thousand dollars. I also want to be able to sleep for a whole night when I get to BKK so I can wake up bright-eyed the next morning and on the Thai sleep schedule.
So, when do I sleep when I'm flying over there? I LOVE sleeping on planes; its' easy for me, and makes time go by faster. Unfortunately, I'm thinking it's probably not the best idea to sleep for most of the time because then I will be awake in BKK when I'm supposed to be sleeping.
What with three flights, can you please tell me, in your opinion, when you think I should sleep and when I should be awake during the flight so as to be tired when I arrive in BKK? I obviously can't stay awake the whole time. Tylenol PM for a few hours? No-Jet-Lag pill? Other suggestions?
If you could reply asap, that would be awesome so I can stop stressing about this.
Thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 2 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 3 Lodge in Borneo
- 4 Best Singapore Sunday Brunch Hotel?
- 5 China and Japan help
- 6 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 7 Trip report: Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka – October 2015
- 8 First time – Solo - Japan 2016
- 9 Thank You Fabulous Fodorites, and some Upcoming Trip Questions
- 10 India - Bangalore, Mysore & Agra
- 11 5 weeks in Japan
- 12 Requesting Passport Number
- 13 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 14 Kompong Kleang or Kompong Phluk?
- 15 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 16 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 17 Phu Quoc
- 18 looking for Vietnam based TA to help plan trip
- 19 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 20 Help! India Visa question....
- 21 Singapore hotel
- 22 Splitting time between Hoi An and Hue
- 23 Indonesia in February/rainy season
- 24 Still contemplating SEA this winter and have questions
- 25 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II