As I mentioned in a previous post, I'll be in Singapore for a month for work, and have decided (almost at my boss's insistence!) that I'll take a week off afterwards. Your suggestions to avoid 'northern' SE Asia didn't fall on deaf ears, and I was planning on Bali or possibly Borneo. Well as soon as my parents caught wind of this they were terrified and now my mother will be joining me, but we *must stay in Thailand* because I, of course, made the mistake of telling her the hospitals in Bangkok are on-par with first world countries... (You know, so when I get struck by lightning for the second time in under a year, I'll be all set!)
We'll have from March 25th/26th to April 2nd.
Anyway- I'd love some suggestions for where to stay in Bangkok. I saw some rates of about $165 at the Peninsula (which I believe is on the river) and I think under $200/night would be ideal.
We will be there over her birthday, so suggestions for something fun/a nice place for dinner (she doesn't drink and can not have *anything* with peppers/is spicy).
Also, she asked that I find some local guides- she's not one to 'explore', it skipped a generation from her Mom to me! I know Tours with Tong is talked about a lot on here, but are they good for in-city tours too?
And yes, I have warned her it will be VERY hot, but living in South Florida she didn't see that as a deterrent.
We may spend the entire week in Bangkok/doing day trips, but she said she'd be open to a few nights at the beach. I'll start another topic for that, but feel free to throw anything out here!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 2 Sweltering in Saigon.
- 3 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 4 An ode to the beautiful military retreats!
- 5 Beijing Architecture and Art District - Travel Report
- 6 Something about... Malaysia
- 7 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 8 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 9 Japan in December - yay or nay?
- 10 Budget Servied Apt
- 11 Terracotta Warriors
- 12 Japan Cherry Blossom 2018
- 13 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 14 hiking japan sept
- 15 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 16 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 17 The best way to My Son
- 18 Japan Itinerary!
- 19 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 20 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 21 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 22 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 23 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 24 Japan rough itinerary
- 25 Bangkok- Sky Bars