As I mentioned in a previous post, I'll be in Singapore for a month for work, and have decided (almost at my boss's insistence!) that I'll take a week off afterwards. Your suggestions to avoid 'northern' SE Asia didn't fall on deaf ears, and I was planning on Bali or possibly Borneo. Well as soon as my parents caught wind of this they were terrified and now my mother will be joining me, but we *must stay in Thailand* because I, of course, made the mistake of telling her the hospitals in Bangkok are on-par with first world countries... (You know, so when I get struck by lightning for the second time in under a year, I'll be all set!)
We'll have from March 25th/26th to April 2nd.
Anyway- I'd love some suggestions for where to stay in Bangkok. I saw some rates of about $165 at the Peninsula (which I believe is on the river) and I think under $200/night would be ideal.
We will be there over her birthday, so suggestions for something fun/a nice place for dinner (she doesn't drink and can not have *anything* with peppers/is spicy).
Also, she asked that I find some local guides- she's not one to 'explore', it skipped a generation from her Mom to me! I know Tours with Tong is talked about a lot on here, but are they good for in-city tours too?
And yes, I have warned her it will be VERY hot, but living in South Florida she didn't see that as a deterrent.
We may spend the entire week in Bangkok/doing day trips, but she said she'd be open to a few nights at the beach. I'll start another topic for that, but feel free to throw anything out here!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Need ideas: Himeji? Osaka? Fukuchiyama area? Kinosaki
- 2 Traffic and Police in India
- 3 New Years in Japan
- 4 Best natural wonders in Japan?
- 5 Good fare for US west coast to Japan?
- 6 3 weeks in Japan
- 7 Sulawesi - Tanah Toraja, Lake Tempe and Ramang Ramang
- 8 A first time for everything in Japan
- 9 India Tour Companies
- 10 Road Accidents and Police Assistance in SE Asia.
- 11 Tokyo-to do and districts
- 12 2 weeks in Vietnam
- 13 Kerala House Boat book online?
- 14 Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Sukhotai ..or even Siem Riep?:
- 15 Understanding beach destinations in Thailand
- 16 3 Weeks Thailand Itinerary - Advice Sought
- 17 Seeing the bats at Khao Yai, Thailand
- 18 Itinerary/tips for 2-3 weeks in Japan in Nov.
- 19 Taj Mahal under construction?
- 20 Vietnam Dong
- 21 First trip to Japan - 3 weeks, summer 2018
- 22 Appropriate Dress For The Cultural Triangle
- 23 First time in Japan in November - Request Itinerary Help
- 24 First timer to Hong Kong, Thailand & Cambodia
- 25 Touristy Thailand