As I mentioned in a previous post, I'll be in Singapore for a month for work, and have decided (almost at my boss's insistence!) that I'll take a week off afterwards. Your suggestions to avoid 'northern' SE Asia didn't fall on deaf ears, and I was planning on Bali or possibly Borneo. Well as soon as my parents caught wind of this they were terrified and now my mother will be joining me, but we *must stay in Thailand* because I, of course, made the mistake of telling her the hospitals in Bangkok are on-par with first world countries... (You know, so when I get struck by lightning for the second time in under a year, I'll be all set!)
We'll have from March 25th/26th to April 2nd.
Anyway- I'd love some suggestions for where to stay in Bangkok. I saw some rates of about $165 at the Peninsula (which I believe is on the river) and I think under $200/night would be ideal.
We will be there over her birthday, so suggestions for something fun/a nice place for dinner (she doesn't drink and can not have *anything* with peppers/is spicy).
Also, she asked that I find some local guides- she's not one to 'explore', it skipped a generation from her Mom to me! I know Tours with Tong is talked about a lot on here, but are they good for in-city tours too?
And yes, I have warned her it will be VERY hot, but living in South Florida she didn't see that as a deterrent.
We may spend the entire week in Bangkok/doing day trips, but she said she'd be open to a few nights at the beach. I'll start another topic for that, but feel free to throw anything out here!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tasting Sri Lanka
- 2 India help needed
- 3 6-8 Weeks in South East Asia
- 4 Sim cards and adaptors
- 5 Sri Lanka Visa
- 6 Hoi Ann hotel
- 7 Hotel in Hanoi
- 8 Place to stay Hue
- 9 Good Places to See in Ooty?
- 10 What are the best places to visit in karnataka during November?
- 11 Permit alert Andaman Islands
- 12 First Trip to Japan - help with planning please
- 13 Sapa - current conditions due to typhoon
- 14 Four Days in South Korea (Incheon and Seoul) with Baby
- 15 First time to Japan - tour or independent trip?
- 16 Trip Report: Malaysia in 2 weeks
- 17 Nywoman an older single traveler explores Taiwan and Japan
- 18 Help with SEAsia itinerary
- 19 Trekking outside Sapa
- 20 Custom Dress and man’s suit made in Hoi Ann
- 21 Advice on where to stay in Luang Prabang
- 22 Need help filling out my itinerary
- 23 Go to Pai or not?
- 24 Ko Kraden hotels
- 25 Driver needed from Heho airport to Kalaw, from Kalaw to Inle lake