As I mentioned in a previous post, I'll be in Singapore for a month for work, and have decided (almost at my boss's insistence!) that I'll take a week off afterwards. Your suggestions to avoid 'northern' SE Asia didn't fall on deaf ears, and I was planning on Bali or possibly Borneo. Well as soon as my parents caught wind of this they were terrified and now my mother will be joining me, but we *must stay in Thailand* because I, of course, made the mistake of telling her the hospitals in Bangkok are on-par with first world countries... (You know, so when I get struck by lightning for the second time in under a year, I'll be all set!)
We'll have from March 25th/26th to April 2nd.
Anyway- I'd love some suggestions for where to stay in Bangkok. I saw some rates of about $165 at the Peninsula (which I believe is on the river) and I think under $200/night would be ideal.
We will be there over her birthday, so suggestions for something fun/a nice place for dinner (she doesn't drink and can not have *anything* with peppers/is spicy).
Also, she asked that I find some local guides- she's not one to 'explore', it skipped a generation from her Mom to me! I know Tours with Tong is talked about a lot on here, but are they good for in-city tours too?
And yes, I have warned her it will be VERY hot, but living in South Florida she didn't see that as a deterrent.
We may spend the entire week in Bangkok/doing day trips, but she said she'd be open to a few nights at the beach. I'll start another topic for that, but feel free to throw anything out here!
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please help us with planning a Silk Road tour in China 2017
- 2 Japan Cherry Blossom time 2018
- 3 Transfers and hotel Hong Kong
- 4 Vietnam visa
- 5 Vietnam visa debate
- 6 Please help me to start planning a trip to Bhutan
- 7 Silk Road Tour - China
- 8 Bye bye SE Asia
- 9 Thailand/Cambodia/Vietnam 3 weeks itinerary and visa help
- 10 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 11 Purchasing Kamagawa Odori tickets?
- 12 Japan - 2 itineraries (7days)
- 13 India Tour Companies
- 14 Train to Sapa from Hanoi
- 15 Laos planning.
- 16 Japan rough itinerary
- 17 Pocket Wi-Fi Speeds (187.5 Mbps v. 75 Mbps)?
- 18 Hotel Claska vs. Prince Sakura Tower
- 19 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 20 Can buy a JR Pass in Japan
- 21 Last Minute Bali Honeymoon
- 22 One night in Osaka
- 23 14 days Japan itinerary. First timers.
- 24 Japan - costs
- 25 Japan for Foodies