Thanks again to Asia Fodorites for guidance and inspiration in putting together this 2 ½ month trip (February – April), our first opportunity for an extended visit to this fascinating and challenging area. We have previously visited Hong Kong (many times), Japan, Cambodia and Singapore. This was our chance to dig in deeper to some of the places we had been before and wanted to see more of (Vietnam, Thailand) and get to some new places (Laos, Bhutan). The only fixed dates before we left were our arrival/departure (Star Alliance points on Air Canada and Thai) and a 2 week tour in Bhutan. And a brief separation while I went to India and DH did some work and hung out on a beach in Thailand.
Bangkok, Bhutan and Beyond
View all Asia activity »
- 1 Just returned from an amazing trip to India!
- 2 Varanasi lodging - to ghat or not to ghat etc etc - help!
- 3 Draft itinerary - appreciate some input
- 4 Sketches from Japan - Autumn 2013
- 5 New Year's Week in Tokyo- Advice Please!!
- 6 South East Asia
- 7 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 8 Destinations near Hat Yai?
- 9 Bangkok & demonstrations (2013)
- 10 Anyone in Bangkok
- 11 Travel Insurance
- 12 Indian Visa: Experience with BLS International?
- 13 Andaman coast visit - is Phuket worth visiting?
- 14 Seoul, Korea Accommodation / Restaurants
- 15 Buy India Sim card there or here?
- 16 Craig and Jeane's Japan Photos are Up
- 17 First time trip to Japan - Fall 2013
- 18 Myanmar and Mt Popa
- 19 Craig and Jeane Visit Japan - 2013 Trip Report
- 20 1 week Philippines
- 21 Beijing - is the air quality THAT bad?
- 22 Japan: best time to go?
- 23 Magical India
- 24 Car hire in India -- Narendra Kumar and hiredriverindia.com
- 25 Resorts With Private Cabins Instead Of Hotel Rooms?