Thanks again to Asia Fodorites for guidance and inspiration in putting together this 2 ½ month trip (February – April), our first opportunity for an extended visit to this fascinating and challenging area. We have previously visited Hong Kong (many times), Japan, Cambodia and Singapore. This was our chance to dig in deeper to some of the places we had been before and wanted to see more of (Vietnam, Thailand) and get to some new places (Laos, Bhutan). The only fixed dates before we left were our arrival/departure (Star Alliance points on Air Canada and Thai) and a 2 week tour in Bhutan. And a brief separation while I went to India and DH did some work and hung out on a beach in Thailand.
Bangkok, Bhutan and Beyond
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Sikkim, Darjeeling and Kolkata: an Unusual First Trip to India
- 2 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 3 GPS points for Mustang - Naar Phu, Saribung pass, Saribung peak
- 4 Vietnam Trip Report: March 2014
- 5 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 6 11D Family 4 Adults 3 kids age 1, 4, 6 Taiwan trip need advice on itinerary
- 7 Heading to Koh Lipe, missing the boat. So need to spend the night.
- 8 Sri Lanka - Itinerary Ideas?
- 9 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??
- 10 6 full days in Yagoon
- 11 Beijing Air Quality Forecast
- 12 Where to Play Basketball in Tokyo
- 13 Yikes! How to get a Visa to India??
- 14 A trip to Mahabaleshwar (India)
- 15 Looking for input on honeymoon itinerary
- 16 want suggestion for honeymoon tour place
- 17 Veligandu or Six Senses Laamu
- 18 Having doubts with China
- 19 Help us fill our blank itinerary: 1 week in China
- 20 Triple Room in Singapore
- 21 Beijing boutique hotel help
- 22 Beijing 3 days need help
- 23 Nepal - Trekking Tragedy...
- 24 Jogyakarta & - Bali?
- 25 Next Stop: Sri Lanka