We're starting early planning and budgets for a 3 week holiday in Sri Lanka. itinerary not yet fixed, but would involve lots of driving around, so we're going to engage a driver/guide with a good vehicle.
Looking for someone to post here the average cost per day purely for our budgeting purposes, for the car & driver hire. Comfort-wise, would a regular car (sedan) be OK, or should we ask for a mini-van or "jeep"? There would be only 2 of us traveling.
Also, do we need to pay for the driver's accommodation along the way? What about petrol, or is the daily negotiated rate all inclusive?
Any information gratefully accepted.
Average Daily Rates - Driver/Guide?
- 1 SEA Honeymoon - Feedback please!
- 2 Hong Kong - how long to see highlights?
- 3 NYT article in drop in women traveling to India
- 4 Sri Lanka itinerary help needed
- 5 Train questions for November Japan trip
- 6 Eight Days Solo in Burma
- 7 Train Fares in Japan
- 8 Suggestions for Asian visit Feb. 2014, incl. Singapore
- 9 vaccines for vietnam I'm leaving soon !
- 10 Udaipur, India
- 11 Independence Day (Hari Merdeka) 2013
- 12 independent travel in India
- 13 Which hotel in Bangkok?
- 14 Four Seasons Golden Triangle
- 15 I (HEART) HONG KONG
- 16 Trip Report - 5 1/2 days in Luang Prabang
- 17 Difficulty contacting Thai Elephant Conservation Center
- 18 Narita Limousine Bus vs train
- 19 Booking hotels in China in advance- is it necessary?
- 20 Singapore Things to do when a lone traveller
- 21 Malaysian Island for 5 nights
- 22 Sri Lanka (my favorite destination yet) Report & Recommendations
- 23 Bangkok restaurants. Recs for hidden gems in Sukhumvit
- 24 Travel during Golden Week 2013
- 25 Good guide for day in Jakarta?