We're starting early planning and budgets for a 3 week holiday in Sri Lanka. itinerary not yet fixed, but would involve lots of driving around, so we're going to engage a driver/guide with a good vehicle.
Looking for someone to post here the average cost per day purely for our budgeting purposes, for the car & driver hire. Comfort-wise, would a regular car (sedan) be OK, or should we ask for a mini-van or "jeep"? There would be only 2 of us traveling.
Also, do we need to pay for the driver's accommodation along the way? What about petrol, or is the daily negotiated rate all inclusive?
Any information gratefully accepted.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 2 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 3 currency conversion
- 4 Airport taxis in Bangkok
- 5 K2 Base Camp- Concordia Gondogoro La Trek, Unforgettable Experience
- 6 One day in Saigon
- 7 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 8 Bali private driver recommendation
- 9 North India Itinerary advice
- 10 Myanmaromestic flights and transport :cash :guide/travel agency i
- 11 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 12 The Indian money crunch.
- 13 The truth about elephant tourism
- 14 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 15 Travel agent for custom tour of Japan
- 16 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 17 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 18 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 19 DC to Dubai 3 nts, Tokyo 6 nts. Kyoto day trip? Itinerary thoughts?
- 20 Kerala trip
- 21 E Visa for India?
- 22 1-2 months South East Asia
- 23 6 weeks: Thailand & Laos. Itinery review?
- 24 Help - India.
- 25 Nice article on Macau in the NYT