We're starting early planning and budgets for a 3 week holiday in Sri Lanka. itinerary not yet fixed, but would involve lots of driving around, so we're going to engage a driver/guide with a good vehicle.
Looking for someone to post here the average cost per day purely for our budgeting purposes, for the car & driver hire. Comfort-wise, would a regular car (sedan) be OK, or should we ask for a mini-van or "jeep"? There would be only 2 of us traveling.
Also, do we need to pay for the driver's accommodation along the way? What about petrol, or is the daily negotiated rate all inclusive?
Any information gratefully accepted.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://goldenhealthcenters.com/enduro-force/
- 2 Palawan / Marshall Law... should we be concerned?
- 3 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 4 My Japan Travels - Follow-along with me
- 5 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 6 India - remnants of the British Raj
- 7 Please critique my revised itinerary- July 2017
- 8 Hanoi, Vietnam 1 week
- 9 Go ahead...Eat the street food and buffets!
- 10 Christmas in the Alps
- 11 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 12 Is the Bennesse Naoshima Worth It?
- 13 Yercaud – Cheapest Getaway from Chennai
- 14 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 15 Laos or Kerala?
- 16 Yogyakarta, Java. Indonesian Cuisine! - Travel Report
- 17 Bali & Singapore in October
- 18 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 19 Singapore hotel for 3 days
- 20 Bangkok travelogue with kids (ages 5 and 3)
- 21 Ferry from Selayar to Flores
- 22 Booking on the fly
- 23 Which Mumbai Hotel? Westin vs Marriott
- 24 Southeast Asia 2 month itinerary
- 25 How many nights in Tokyo/Kyoto/Osaka? Organizing an itinerary?