We're starting early planning and budgets for a 3 week holiday in Sri Lanka. itinerary not yet fixed, but would involve lots of driving around, so we're going to engage a driver/guide with a good vehicle.
Looking for someone to post here the average cost per day purely for our budgeting purposes, for the car & driver hire. Comfort-wise, would a regular car (sedan) be OK, or should we ask for a mini-van or "jeep"? There would be only 2 of us traveling.
Also, do we need to pay for the driver's accommodation along the way? What about petrol, or is the daily negotiated rate all inclusive?
Any information gratefully accepted.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 http://healthytipweb.com/forskolin-formula/
- 2 The Best of Bagan - Travel Report
- 3 Taxi Service In Dehradun
- 4 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 5 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 6 Bali & Flores or Sulawesi for first trip to Indonesia!
- 7 A week exploring Hong Kong & Shanghai
- 8 Train or Bus from Nikko, Hakone, etc
- 9 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 10 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?
- 11 November, March, June... Japan?
- 12 Itinerary Help Japan
- 13 3-4 Weeks in Bali alone?
- 14 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 15 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 16 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 17 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 18 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 19 Silk Road Tour - China
- 20 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 21 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 22 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 23 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 24 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 25 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days