Looking for some thoughts on whether this trip is feasible in the time we have.
I am an avid traveller and usually get bored of just a beach really quickly, however with this being our honeymoon it means something a bit special and relaxing after all the wedding stress.
We are planning to go in June 2014 and the current route I am thinking is Lon - Sing and spend 4 nights there. I was then thinking of heading to Borneo for 5 nights and onto Bali for 4 nights in Ubud ending with 6 nights in Seminyak on the beach before a flight back to Singapore to come home.
I can get a direct flight with Air Asia from BKI to DPS so don not need to go via KL or Singapore which saves a lot of time.
I have a couple of queries, does anyone know how reliable the flights from BKI or DPS are, as they only go a couple of times a week if we miss it then either I will have to change my plans or book a last min connection flight. I know AirAsia are generally good but as this is a sparse route it might be different and I would be better off booking the indirect flight.
Also is it worth going to Borneo for 5 nights? We are planning to stay in KK probably in a beach resort so we have that as I know the beach is not great. I was going to book the Rasa Ria but they have major development work going on so thought it best to avoid it. The main reason was so we can go and see the Orangutans and Jungle/Rain forest to mix up the trip a bit rather than too much beach.
I know KL is probably a better base for the trip but my partner really wants to go to Singapore so I need to use that as a base. I considered Tioman, Perinthians and Langkawai instead of Borneo but they just seem to give me more beach rather than something a bit different..
Any thoughts appreciated.
Asian honeymoon adventure - Singapore, Borneo and Bali
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 2 Vietnam - Questions
- 3 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 4 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 5 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 6 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 7 Osaka shopping
- 8 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 9 Takayama ideas in April?
- 10 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 11 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 12 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 13 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 14 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 15 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 16 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 17 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 18 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 19 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 20 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 21 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 22 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 23 Penang
- 24 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 25 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?