Looking for some thoughts on whether this trip is feasible in the time we have.
I am an avid traveller and usually get bored of just a beach really quickly, however with this being our honeymoon it means something a bit special and relaxing after all the wedding stress.
We are planning to go in June 2014 and the current route I am thinking is Lon - Sing and spend 4 nights there. I was then thinking of heading to Borneo for 5 nights and onto Bali for 4 nights in Ubud ending with 6 nights in Seminyak on the beach before a flight back to Singapore to come home.
I can get a direct flight with Air Asia from BKI to DPS so don not need to go via KL or Singapore which saves a lot of time.
I have a couple of queries, does anyone know how reliable the flights from BKI or DPS are, as they only go a couple of times a week if we miss it then either I will have to change my plans or book a last min connection flight. I know AirAsia are generally good but as this is a sparse route it might be different and I would be better off booking the indirect flight.
Also is it worth going to Borneo for 5 nights? We are planning to stay in KK probably in a beach resort so we have that as I know the beach is not great. I was going to book the Rasa Ria but they have major development work going on so thought it best to avoid it. The main reason was so we can go and see the Orangutans and Jungle/Rain forest to mix up the trip a bit rather than too much beach.
I know KL is probably a better base for the trip but my partner really wants to go to Singapore so I need to use that as a base. I considered Tioman, Perinthians and Langkawai instead of Borneo but they just seem to give me more beach rather than something a bit different..
Any thoughts appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Places to Buy Japanese Whisky - Kyoto and Tokyo
- 2 Regarding rest , individuals have no less of six-eight
- 3 Finally, The Natural Approach With A Fine Looking Skin
- 4 Japan-best mobile wifi router?
- 5 Jan-March: TH, HK, JP?
- 6 Visiting a Country in Mourning
- 7 Nywoman single older woman goes to Japan
- 8 5 nights in Kerala or Chennai?
- 9 Santa Maria Travels and Inle Lake
- 10 India Safari 2017
- 11 Japan- National Holiday
- 12 Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore - advise is needed
- 13 Something out of the ordinary to do in Thailand
- 14 India in March and April??
- 15 Many Questions for 1st Japan Trip
- 16 Yes, They Are wearing black in Bangkok
- 17 Trichy to Ooty Trip with My Family
- 18 Real Experiences and Travel Agency in Southeast Asia to choose
- 19 Vietnam to increase visa cost for Americans
- 20 Rishikesh, India
- 21 7 days in Ho Chi Minh City
- 22 Tokyo Shopping: Sports Team Tees
- 23 Passport
- 24 Our trip to the Republic of Georgia
- 25 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??