Looking for some thoughts on whether this trip is feasible in the time we have.
I am an avid traveller and usually get bored of just a beach really quickly, however with this being our honeymoon it means something a bit special and relaxing after all the wedding stress.
We are planning to go in June 2014 and the current route I am thinking is Lon - Sing and spend 4 nights there. I was then thinking of heading to Borneo for 5 nights and onto Bali for 4 nights in Ubud ending with 6 nights in Seminyak on the beach before a flight back to Singapore to come home.
I can get a direct flight with Air Asia from BKI to DPS so don not need to go via KL or Singapore which saves a lot of time.
I have a couple of queries, does anyone know how reliable the flights from BKI or DPS are, as they only go a couple of times a week if we miss it then either I will have to change my plans or book a last min connection flight. I know AirAsia are generally good but as this is a sparse route it might be different and I would be better off booking the indirect flight.
Also is it worth going to Borneo for 5 nights? We are planning to stay in KK probably in a beach resort so we have that as I know the beach is not great. I was going to book the Rasa Ria but they have major development work going on so thought it best to avoid it. The main reason was so we can go and see the Orangutans and Jungle/Rain forest to mix up the trip a bit rather than too much beach.
I know KL is probably a better base for the trip but my partner really wants to go to Singapore so I need to use that as a base. I considered Tioman, Perinthians and Langkawai instead of Borneo but they just seem to give me more beach rather than something a bit different..
Any thoughts appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 2 Free Tour Guide in Ho Chi Minh City
- 3 Nepal
- 4 Traveling to Nepal after earthquake
- 5 Bangalore Beautiful Hot Housewife | Bangalore Escorts
- 6 Footwear for Vietnam?
- 7 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 8 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 9 Thoughts on this itinerary
- 10 It can be cheap but awesome!
- 11 Totally unprepared
- 12 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 13 Shanghai Airpor overnight
- 14 Chengdu, China - Giant Panda Research Base Travel Report
- 15 Bhutan with Aman hotels, worth it?
- 16 Rental Car Bali
- 17 1 day in Bangkok Itinerary for Honeymoon
- 18 Kyoto & Tokyo tips
- 19 Good Eats in Chiang Mai / Chiang Rai
- 20 A great trip in India
- 21 Itinerary 3-1/2 week trip to Hong Kong, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand
- 22 Krabi, Koh Lanta or other
- 23 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 24 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 25 "China Eastern Airline" is it really bad??