Looking for some thoughts on whether this trip is feasible in the time we have.
I am an avid traveller and usually get bored of just a beach really quickly, however with this being our honeymoon it means something a bit special and relaxing after all the wedding stress.
We are planning to go in June 2014 and the current route I am thinking is Lon - Sing and spend 4 nights there. I was then thinking of heading to Borneo for 5 nights and onto Bali for 4 nights in Ubud ending with 6 nights in Seminyak on the beach before a flight back to Singapore to come home.
I can get a direct flight with Air Asia from BKI to DPS so don not need to go via KL or Singapore which saves a lot of time.
I have a couple of queries, does anyone know how reliable the flights from BKI or DPS are, as they only go a couple of times a week if we miss it then either I will have to change my plans or book a last min connection flight. I know AirAsia are generally good but as this is a sparse route it might be different and I would be better off booking the indirect flight.
Also is it worth going to Borneo for 5 nights? We are planning to stay in KK probably in a beach resort so we have that as I know the beach is not great. I was going to book the Rasa Ria but they have major development work going on so thought it best to avoid it. The main reason was so we can go and see the Orangutans and Jungle/Rain forest to mix up the trip a bit rather than too much beach.
I know KL is probably a better base for the trip but my partner really wants to go to Singapore so I need to use that as a base. I considered Tioman, Perinthians and Langkawai instead of Borneo but they just seem to give me more beach rather than something a bit different..
Any thoughts appreciated.
Asian honeymoon adventure - Singapore, Borneo and Bali
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 2 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 3 Japan in July?
- 4 2-week adventure to the far north mountains of Vietnam with Exotic Voyages
- 5 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 6 6 Days in Bangkok - Itinerary Help!
- 7 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 8 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 9 Japan - itinerary advice - takayama or kanazawa?
- 10 2-3 days in Georgia
- 11 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 12 Phuket and surrounding areas
- 13 Anyone visit an Orphanage while in Sri Lanka???-Want to help if we can
- 14 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 15 Lone traveler to Japan in April
- 16 Kerala or Goa and itinerary help
- 17 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 18 Please help me decide on the night before my flight-Agra or New Delhi?
- 19 Question: Using JR Pass on Narita Express upon arrival
- 20 Hotel or Air First for Japan?
- 21 Guardian news story about security and safety in Maldives
- 22 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 23 Where to go on 2.5 week long honeymoon in late June/early July?
- 24 Japan beach resort with toddler in may
- 25 Trip report: 3 weeks backpacking across Indonesia