This is a recap of my travel experiences in Seoul back in March 2013.
I had the good fortune to have a friend bring me around Insadong, Myeongdong, Sinchon and Hongdae where we had a lot of eating and did a fair bit of shopping! No tips for accommodation as I was staying at her place, but I think I managed to cover a lot of interesting places and events with as much detail as I can remember now.
1. This is the first (and hopefully not the last!) time that I kept track of the prices of everything I purchased in Seoul. Which included quite a fair bit of skincare of Myeongdong
2. Food, food, Korean food - which was a surprisingly delicious experience for me
3. Korean street snacks are in abundance and awesome! ^ ^
4. Hongdae Free Market, where the only thing 'free' is the music but that shouldn't stop you from going
5. My first cat cafe visit! I want to go again!
6. Make your own cultural handicraft souvenir while waiting for your flight
I hope this helps new visitors planning their trip to Seoul. Wishing everyone a fun trip and happy times! ^o^
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Layover in Hong Kong
- 2 Elderly tourists attacked in Thailand
- 3 Trip to Thailand - advice
- 4 Another South East Asian sojourn.
- 5 5 weeks in Japan - Autumn 2011 Trip Report
- 6 Italy from an Asian base
- 7 2 weeks in Java
- 8 Bags are packed for Bangkok!
- 9 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 11 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 12 Japan SIM / Phone Data Options
- 13 2 Weeks in Japan July 2016
- 14 Shinkansen (Bullet Train) Kyoto-Tokyo---Step by step process
- 15 Delhi, India Hotels/Guest Houses
- 16 Handeda to Narita airports, train or bus?
- 17 My new 10 year china visa
- 18 Hotel with easy access to Itami airport
- 19 Bitchu-Matsuyama Castle Visit
- 20 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 21 Impulse 8-day trip to China - questions
- 22 suggestions for 2nd time to Vietnam itinerary
- 23 Update on riding elephants
- 24 Our really quite big adventure, Act 2: a short intermission in Hong Kong
- 25 SOUTHEAST ASIA 6 WEEKS
A Trip Report of Seoul (21 - 24 March 2013, Late Winter)