This is a recap of my travel experiences in Seoul back in March 2013.
I had the good fortune to have a friend bring me around Insadong, Myeongdong, Sinchon and Hongdae where we had a lot of eating and did a fair bit of shopping! No tips for accommodation as I was staying at her place, but I think I managed to cover a lot of interesting places and events with as much detail as I can remember now.
1. This is the first (and hopefully not the last!) time that I kept track of the prices of everything I purchased in Seoul. Which included quite a fair bit of skincare of Myeongdong
2. Food, food, Korean food - which was a surprisingly delicious experience for me
3. Korean street snacks are in abundance and awesome! ^ ^
4. Hongdae Free Market, where the only thing 'free' is the music but that shouldn't stop you from going
5. My first cat cafe visit! I want to go again!
6. Make your own cultural handicraft souvenir while waiting for your flight
I hope this helps new visitors planning their trip to Seoul. Wishing everyone a fun trip and happy times! ^o^
A Trip Report of Seoul (21 - 24 March 2013, Late Winter)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 2 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 3 Advice re. day trip from Chiang Rai to Mae Sai & Golden Triangle
- 4 Airport pick up from Narita
- 5 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 6 Will the new $100 bill be rejected or accepted in Burma?
- 7 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 8 help with itinerary!
- 9 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 10 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 11 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 13 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 14 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 15 Christmas Time in India
- 16 Having doubts with China
- 17 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 18 Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- 19 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 20 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 21 What are the best near places to tour from Panchalingeswar in Odisha
- 22 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 23 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 24 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 25 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!