This is a recap of my travel experiences in Seoul back in March 2013.
I had the good fortune to have a friend bring me around Insadong, Myeongdong, Sinchon and Hongdae where we had a lot of eating and did a fair bit of shopping! No tips for accommodation as I was staying at her place, but I think I managed to cover a lot of interesting places and events with as much detail as I can remember now.
1. This is the first (and hopefully not the last!) time that I kept track of the prices of everything I purchased in Seoul. Which included quite a fair bit of skincare of Myeongdong
2. Food, food, Korean food - which was a surprisingly delicious experience for me
3. Korean street snacks are in abundance and awesome! ^ ^
4. Hongdae Free Market, where the only thing 'free' is the music but that shouldn't stop you from going
5. My first cat cafe visit! I want to go again!
6. Make your own cultural handicraft souvenir while waiting for your flight
I hope this helps new visitors planning their trip to Seoul. Wishing everyone a fun trip and happy times! ^o^
A Trip Report of Seoul (21 - 24 March 2013, Late Winter)
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 2 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 3 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 4 April in Bangkok, again!
- 5 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 6 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 7 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 8 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 9 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 10 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 11 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 12 How safe is Delhi/India
- 13 Malaria
- 14 Vietnam and coffee
- 15 I'm going to Japan!
- 16 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 17 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 18 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 19 Cherry blossom
- 20 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 21 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 22 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 23 Which Putu in Bali????
- 24 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 25 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport