This is a recap of my travel experiences in Seoul back in March 2013.
I had the good fortune to have a friend bring me around Insadong, Myeongdong, Sinchon and Hongdae where we had a lot of eating and did a fair bit of shopping! No tips for accommodation as I was staying at her place, but I think I managed to cover a lot of interesting places and events with as much detail as I can remember now.
1. This is the first (and hopefully not the last!) time that I kept track of the prices of everything I purchased in Seoul. Which included quite a fair bit of skincare of Myeongdong
2. Food, food, Korean food - which was a surprisingly delicious experience for me
3. Korean street snacks are in abundance and awesome! ^ ^
4. Hongdae Free Market, where the only thing 'free' is the music but that shouldn't stop you from going
5. My first cat cafe visit! I want to go again!
6. Make your own cultural handicraft souvenir while waiting for your flight
I hope this helps new visitors planning their trip to Seoul. Wishing everyone a fun trip and happy times! ^o^
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice itinerary trip Thailand/Laos in July
- 2 Singapore weather in August/September
- 3 David's Abbreviated Trip Report-Japan, Part 2-Sakura 2017
- 4 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 5 Japan for Foodies
- 6 One night in Osaka
- 7 Japan's Kyushu: Takachiho Gorge - Travel Report
- 8 First time going abroad
- 9 Sapporo to Lake Akan
- 10 First Time to Japan..Itin Advice Needed
- 11 sri lanka two places, two hotels
- 12 Backpacking on a budget
- 13 Googling to going...to Gujarat!
- 14 10 Days in Japan- Itinerary Review
- 15 travel to shirakawago from kyoto
- 16 Do It Yourself/No taxi Tour in China?
- 17 electric plug
- 18 Day trips from Sapporo
- 19 Etiquette in Japan
- 20 Northern Thailand Options
- 21 Kurashiki versus Kosanji Temple
- 22 Bhutan travel operator and number of days
- 23 Machiya Residence Inn-Kyoto
- 24 Staying Connected In Sri Lanka and India
- 25 Draft Itinerary and Questions
A Trip Report of Seoul (21 - 24 March 2013, Late Winter)