This is a recap of my travel experiences in Seoul back in March 2013.
I had the good fortune to have a friend bring me around Insadong, Myeongdong, Sinchon and Hongdae where we had a lot of eating and did a fair bit of shopping! No tips for accommodation as I was staying at her place, but I think I managed to cover a lot of interesting places and events with as much detail as I can remember now.
1. This is the first (and hopefully not the last!) time that I kept track of the prices of everything I purchased in Seoul. Which included quite a fair bit of skincare of Myeongdong
2. Food, food, Korean food - which was a surprisingly delicious experience for me
3. Korean street snacks are in abundance and awesome! ^ ^
4. Hongdae Free Market, where the only thing 'free' is the music but that shouldn't stop you from going
5. My first cat cafe visit! I want to go again!
6. Make your own cultural handicraft souvenir while waiting for your flight
I hope this helps new visitors planning their trip to Seoul. Wishing everyone a fun trip and happy times! ^o^
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India itinerary critique please
- 2 Japan Itinerary!
- 3 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 4 A short trip report of Vietnam, Dec 2016
- 5 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 6 cross from Ketapang in Java to Gilimanuk in Bali
- 7 India for Softies : A slow comfortable tour around some of Northern India
- 8 Magical India
- 9 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 10 Need for promethium sprayed mosquito nets for SEAsia travel
- 11 Vientiane and ??
- 12 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 13 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 14 16 days in Japan--how to divide time?
- 15 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)
- 16 Himachal Pradesh
- 17 Luggage size China ?
- 18 New Vietnam eVisa service
- 19 Thai Elephants
- 20 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 21 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 22 Sri Lanka in August
- 23 Self-drive in Thailand?
- 24 Japan/Korea/HK
- 25 Need Honeymoon Ideas - Southeast Asia
A Trip Report of Seoul (21 - 24 March 2013, Late Winter)