This is a recap of my travel experiences in Seoul back in March 2013.
I had the good fortune to have a friend bring me around Insadong, Myeongdong, Sinchon and Hongdae where we had a lot of eating and did a fair bit of shopping! No tips for accommodation as I was staying at her place, but I think I managed to cover a lot of interesting places and events with as much detail as I can remember now.
1. This is the first (and hopefully not the last!) time that I kept track of the prices of everything I purchased in Seoul. Which included quite a fair bit of skincare of Myeongdong
2. Food, food, Korean food - which was a surprisingly delicious experience for me
3. Korean street snacks are in abundance and awesome! ^ ^
4. Hongdae Free Market, where the only thing 'free' is the music but that shouldn't stop you from going
5. My first cat cafe visit! I want to go again!
6. Make your own cultural handicraft souvenir while waiting for your flight
I hope this helps new visitors planning their trip to Seoul. Wishing everyone a fun trip and happy times! ^o^
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Gang rape in India. Again.
- 2 Is it Lao or Laos
- 3 best singapore hotel
- 4 Dong Van - Ha Giang
- 5 Chiang Mai hotel with sweet attentive staff
- 6 Help - India take 2
- 7 3 weeks: solo travel to Thailand (with stop in Hong Kong and Tokyo)?
- 8 12 x Day Itinerary- Please give me your feedback
- 9 is this a good travel plan?
- 10 CNX late arrival?
- 11 currency conversion
- 12 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 13 50th Anniversary trip
- 14 First time in India and Nepal-HELP
- 15 US Citizen Vietnam Visa Help!
- 16 Trip Report: Pandaw’s cruise down the Mekong from China to Laos
- 17 Vietnam - Sa Pa
- 18 The truth about elephant tourism
- 19 Help w/Andaman Sea Itinerary
- 20 Do I need the rabies jab for bali?
- 21 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 22 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 23 Advice for treks/Peak climbing in ladakh end of June
- 24 6 nights / 5 days Japan itinerary
- 25 Phenom Penh
A Trip Report of Seoul (21 - 24 March 2013, Late Winter)