This is a recap of my travel experiences in Seoul back in March 2013.
I had the good fortune to have a friend bring me around Insadong, Myeongdong, Sinchon and Hongdae where we had a lot of eating and did a fair bit of shopping! No tips for accommodation as I was staying at her place, but I think I managed to cover a lot of interesting places and events with as much detail as I can remember now.
1. This is the first (and hopefully not the last!) time that I kept track of the prices of everything I purchased in Seoul. Which included quite a fair bit of skincare of Myeongdong
2. Food, food, Korean food - which was a surprisingly delicious experience for me
3. Korean street snacks are in abundance and awesome! ^ ^
4. Hongdae Free Market, where the only thing 'free' is the music but that shouldn't stop you from going
5. My first cat cafe visit! I want to go again!
6. Make your own cultural handicraft souvenir while waiting for your flight
I hope this helps new visitors planning their trip to Seoul. Wishing everyone a fun trip and happy times! ^o^
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 2 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue
- 3 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 4 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 5 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 6 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 7 An island paradise?
- 8 1946-2007: An Old Soldier Returns to Camp Site in Beppu
- 9 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 10 Need some help with my final itinerary
- 11 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 12 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 13 Yet again! This time in Dharamsala
- 14 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 15 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 16 Yogyakarta - Prambanan and Borobudur Travel Report
- 17 Rental Car Bali
- 18 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 19 Kintamani Tour
- 20 Some notes about South Korea
- 21 Bucket List Trip: Bali, Angkor Wat,Japan
- 22 Awesome trip to Yellow Mountains and Hangzhou in China!
- 23 Totally unprepared
- 24 Sulawesi
- 25 Another first-timer. Does this work?
A Trip Report of Seoul (21 - 24 March 2013, Late Winter)