We are leaving to Sri Lanka for 6 days in mid October with our 2 children 6 and 3!
Arriving at the airport late after midnight and hence booked a room in a nearby hotel so that we can rest after the trip.
We are intending to have a driver/guide all along the trip.
Starting our day fresh, we were thinking of going to Kandy , Nuwara Eliya and then to Udawalawa. Finally spending one night in Colombo.
Does this seem a good choice of traveling with two children? We didn't include Sigiriya because we though it would be hot and not much for the children and hence opted for Udawalawa since it offers a nice stay in the jungle and a safari. But we were told that it is a very long drive to Udawalawa! any other jungle-like experience that we can replace it with?
I would very much appreciate your suggestion and any changes/suggestions to my itinerary.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Old post about handycraft area in Luang Prabang
- 2 Travel from Tokyo to Kanazawa
- 3 Five Days in Ha Giang - Unforgettable
- 4 Hotel in Hanoi
- 5 Sien Reap Guide/Accomodation
- 6 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 7 vietnam transportation
- 8 Private transfer from Singapore Airport
- 9 KOYA-SAN: Hotel, please
- 10 Bullet train - which JR stations in Tokyo to go to Kyoto
- 11 2 weeks in Asia with a 2 year old (in February)
- 12 Private guide and driver for India
- 13 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 14 Qatar airlines to mumbai
- 15 Cambodia & Vietnam- 2 Weeks with Kids
- 16 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 17 Siem Reap: To hire a tour guide or is a driver enough?
- 18 Horse riding holiday in Sri Lanka
- 19 Best place to get a SIM card or phone for Japan, India?
- 20 India allowed e-Tourist Visa to 36 more countries
- 21 Thailand- Phuket beaches
- 22 OSAKA vs. KYOTO AS BASE
- 23 Random Travel Advice for Korea - Part II: Seoul
- 24 Beijing
- 25 Random Travel Advice for Korea - Part I: Busan