We are leaving to Sri Lanka for 6 days in mid October with our 2 children 6 and 3!
Arriving at the airport late after midnight and hence booked a room in a nearby hotel so that we can rest after the trip.
We are intending to have a driver/guide all along the trip.
Starting our day fresh, we were thinking of going to Kandy , Nuwara Eliya and then to Udawalawa. Finally spending one night in Colombo.
Does this seem a good choice of traveling with two children? We didn't include Sigiriya because we though it would be hot and not much for the children and hence opted for Udawalawa since it offers a nice stay in the jungle and a safari. But we were told that it is a very long drive to Udawalawa! any other jungle-like experience that we can replace it with?
I would very much appreciate your suggestion and any changes/suggestions to my itinerary.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 5 days in Tokyo, late June with pregnant wife
- 2 First time trip to Japan questions
- 3 Laos in the end of June
- 4 Japan & WiFi
- 5 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 6 For Fans of Gaggan Restaurant in Bangkok
- 7 A Food Obsessive's First Time Hong Kong
- 8 Sri Lanka in 12 Days
- 9 Southern India 1st Time Mom/Daughter HELP
- 10 options on 2 potential itineraries
- 11 Taiwan / Taipei Advice Sought
- 12 Where to start my Japan trip?
- 13 Hong Kong, Macau and ?
- 14 19 Day Sri Lanka Itinerary - Advice Needed!
- 15 DMZ - Sneak Peak of North Korea Travel Report
- 16 Crazy Trip To Ooty With My Buddies
- 17 Plans for Ladakh Tour
- 18 Help for 10 days for first timer in Japan
- 19 Te Best Luxury Ryokans in Japan
- 20 Singapore or Hong Kong
- 21 18.5 Hours in Singapore
- 22 David's First Draft Itinerary for Sakura 2017
- 23 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 24 Honeymoon in Bali
- 25 Booking hotels for Japan in April 2017