We are leaving to Sri Lanka for 6 days in mid October with our 2 children 6 and 3!
Arriving at the airport late after midnight and hence booked a room in a nearby hotel so that we can rest after the trip.
We are intending to have a driver/guide all along the trip.
Starting our day fresh, we were thinking of going to Kandy , Nuwara Eliya and then to Udawalawa. Finally spending one night in Colombo.
Does this seem a good choice of traveling with two children? We didn't include Sigiriya because we though it would be hot and not much for the children and hence opted for Udawalawa since it offers a nice stay in the jungle and a safari. But we were told that it is a very long drive to Udawalawa! any other jungle-like experience that we can replace it with?
I would very much appreciate your suggestion and any changes/suggestions to my itinerary.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Connection time in Bangkok on separate tickets
- 2 November, March, June... Japan?
- 3 Vietnam/Cambodia itinerary
- 4 Hong Kong - Tian Tan Buddha
- 5 Family trip to Japan in November '17
- 6 Will 3.5 hours be enough for int’l to domestic transfer in Beijing?
- 7 A hungry mouse's (very sweaty) adventures in the Land of the Rising Sun
- 8 Japanese Alps, JR option, Kamakura - more advice gratefully accepted!
- 9 Sri Lanka planning - advice sought.
- 10 Across Vietnam - Travel Guide
- 11 6 weeks in Nepal, Bhutan, Borneo and more...
- 12 Canggu Surfing - Learn to surf advice
- 13 coastal Central Vietnam (Hoi An and Hue) trip report
- 14 Thailand Visa Concern for Stay Over 30 Days
- 15 Yunnan Province, China, Trip Report: May 26-June 10, 2017
- 16 Car and driver agra to jaipur
- 17 Silk Road Tour - China
- 18 12 days in Thailand itinerary
- 19 Burma, Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos
- 20 Japan rail pass: 7 or 14 days? Itinerary set
- 21 The best time for hiking in Yakushima
- 22 Trekking & Camping at Nagalapuram
- 23 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 24 Kuala Lumpur itinerary
- 25 To see the Himalayas in 10 days?