We are leaving to Sri Lanka for 6 days in mid October with our 2 children 6 and 3!
Arriving at the airport late after midnight and hence booked a room in a nearby hotel so that we can rest after the trip.
We are intending to have a driver/guide all along the trip.
Starting our day fresh, we were thinking of going to Kandy , Nuwara Eliya and then to Udawalawa. Finally spending one night in Colombo.
Does this seem a good choice of traveling with two children? We didn't include Sigiriya because we though it would be hot and not much for the children and hence opted for Udawalawa since it offers a nice stay in the jungle and a safari. But we were told that it is a very long drive to Udawalawa! any other jungle-like experience that we can replace it with?
I would very much appreciate your suggestion and any changes/suggestions to my itinerary.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Yangon Made Easy
- 2 3 weeks itinerary China
- 3 hanoi eats
- 4 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 5 A train ride through Java
- 6 JAPANiCAN.com
- 7 Hakone Volcano Warning
- 8 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi
- 9 Tour group for Cambodia and Vietnam or Myanmar?
- 10 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 11 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 12 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 13 Best french restaurant in Hong Kong?
- 14 New Delhi - What to see?
- 15 Tokyo Hotels Etc.
- 16 Travel in Kyushu.
- 17 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 18 Tour Guide for Jewish Tour of Cochin
- 19 Bicycle riding required?
- 20 Castle & King tour questions
- 21 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 22 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 23 Blog about our 6 week backpacking trip through Southeast Asia
- 24 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 25 trekking in july in Myanmar