We are leaving to Sri Lanka for 6 days in mid October with our 2 children 6 and 3!
Arriving at the airport late after midnight and hence booked a room in a nearby hotel so that we can rest after the trip.
We are intending to have a driver/guide all along the trip.
Starting our day fresh, we were thinking of going to Kandy , Nuwara Eliya and then to Udawalawa. Finally spending one night in Colombo.
Does this seem a good choice of traveling with two children? We didn't include Sigiriya because we though it would be hot and not much for the children and hence opted for Udawalawa since it offers a nice stay in the jungle and a safari. But we were told that it is a very long drive to Udawalawa! any other jungle-like experience that we can replace it with?
I would very much appreciate your suggestion and any changes/suggestions to my itinerary.
Thanks in advance.
6 days with 2 children? Is my itinerary OK?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 From DC to Delhi and beyond
- 2 Questions on Japan Trip in May (15 nights)
- 3 Cu Chi tunnels claustrophobia
- 4 Rail passes for Nara-Kyoto-Koya-Karuizawa-Hakone-Kamakura
- 5 Bungalow advice at tea trails
- 6 Thailand - Krabi Day Tours?
- 7 best dining in Kyoto
- 8 Vietnam - 7 days from HCM
- 9 I just got a ticket and I'm leaving in 12 hours!
- 10 Traveling India in 8 Months
- 11 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 12 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 13 Mostly Myanmar and a bit of Thailand
- 14 Laos Visa on Arrival - Need Cash in US Dollars?
- 15 China trip - 15 nights
- 16 Dream Trip Itinerary - Backing Asia to Europe
- 17 From Pittsburgh To Bangalore India In 1 minute
- 18 Japan in July?
- 19 2-week adventure to the far north mountains of Vietnam with Exotic Voyages
- 20 Part 2 - A major meander through Australia/Tasmania, Bali, Laos & Vietnam
- 21 6 Days in Bangkok - Itinerary Help!
- 22 Vietnam and Cambodia - wonderful trip
- 23 Japan - itinerary advice - takayama or kanazawa?
- 24 2-3 days in Georgia
- 25 Tokyo and Thailand in July