We are leaving to Sri Lanka for 6 days in mid October with our 2 children 6 and 3!
Arriving at the airport late after midnight and hence booked a room in a nearby hotel so that we can rest after the trip.
We are intending to have a driver/guide all along the trip.
Starting our day fresh, we were thinking of going to Kandy , Nuwara Eliya and then to Udawalawa. Finally spending one night in Colombo.
Does this seem a good choice of traveling with two children? We didn't include Sigiriya because we though it would be hot and not much for the children and hence opted for Udawalawa since it offers a nice stay in the jungle and a safari. But we were told that it is a very long drive to Udawalawa! any other jungle-like experience that we can replace it with?
I would very much appreciate your suggestion and any changes/suggestions to my itinerary.
Thanks in advance.
6 days with 2 children? Is my itinerary OK?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Mongolia tour or independently
- 2 At the top of Macau Tower!
- 3 Three days in Bangkok
- 4 Nepal - Earthquake (25 April 2015)
- 5 Khao Lak
- 6 Vietnam Itinerary- Help!
- 7 Kerala, India - 10 day holiday
- 8 Tiger Temple to lose all its tiger population soon
- 9 Annapurna and Myanmar Circuits in May
- 10 Bangkok, here I come! Yes, again!!
- 11 What is Most Interesting Taipei Area for First Timers?
- 12 Photos from India!
- 13 Japan, round two - the planning begins...
- 14 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 15 Yunnan: Dali, Lijiang & Shangri-la; how many days?
- 16 Vietnam Visa on Arrival - Help
- 17 Which is the best time to travel to North India?
- 18 Myanmar River Cruises
- 19 Siam Niramit show and dinner-Go or no go?
- 20 Leaving Thursday for Bangkok/Phuket
- 21 India Visa - BLS international. Lost passport FBI complaint
- 22 How to handle cash in Japan
- 23 Great Wall hike
- 24 Beautiful Trip To Naran Valley, Pakistan
- 25 Some Practical Advice on Japan from a just-returned first timer