We are leaving to Sri Lanka for 6 days in mid October with our 2 children 6 and 3!
Arriving at the airport late after midnight and hence booked a room in a nearby hotel so that we can rest after the trip.
We are intending to have a driver/guide all along the trip.
Starting our day fresh, we were thinking of going to Kandy , Nuwara Eliya and then to Udawalawa. Finally spending one night in Colombo.
Does this seem a good choice of traveling with two children? We didn't include Sigiriya because we though it would be hot and not much for the children and hence opted for Udawalawa since it offers a nice stay in the jungle and a safari. But we were told that it is a very long drive to Udawalawa! any other jungle-like experience that we can replace it with?
I would very much appreciate your suggestion and any changes/suggestions to my itinerary.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 2 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 3 Vegetarian/Vegan in Japan
- 4 Bangkok in April?!?
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Just returned from first visit to Japan!
- 6 Kowloon Hotels
- 7 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 8 1st time backpacking thailand/bali help!!!
- 9 Advice on 1 Week in Philipines - Diving, Whale Sharks and More
- 10 Elephant Complex - A Beautiful New Travel Book on Sri Lanka
- 11 Is the Songkran Festival worth it?
- 12 For: Crellston
- 13 Snapshots From Kerala
- 14 Ko Phi Phi or a different island in April?
- 15 Visiting Kyoto for the color - and there was no color
- 16 My visit to Thailand
- 17 India Trip Report
- 18 Viewing Tigers in India - Best Time of Year?
- 19 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 20 My visit to Cambodia
- 21 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 22 New Member
- 23 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 24 Khoa Sok National Park in April?
- 25 My visit to Vietnam