We are leaving to Sri Lanka for 6 days in mid October with our 2 children 6 and 3!
Arriving at the airport late after midnight and hence booked a room in a nearby hotel so that we can rest after the trip.
We are intending to have a driver/guide all along the trip.
Starting our day fresh, we were thinking of going to Kandy , Nuwara Eliya and then to Udawalawa. Finally spending one night in Colombo.
Does this seem a good choice of traveling with two children? We didn't include Sigiriya because we though it would be hot and not much for the children and hence opted for Udawalawa since it offers a nice stay in the jungle and a safari. But we were told that it is a very long drive to Udawalawa! any other jungle-like experience that we can replace it with?
I would very much appreciate your suggestion and any changes/suggestions to my itinerary.
Thanks in advance.
6 days with 2 children? Is my itinerary OK?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Chiang Mai OR Luang Prabang
- 2 Knockoff Designer bags in Vietnam?
- 3 Vacay to Thailand end of December-January 2014
- 4 Food tours in HCMC/Saigon?
- 5 Affordable accommodation in Yangon near Sule Pagoda
- 6 Bangkok - Side trip to Ayutthaya
- 7 Honeymoon in december 2014
- 8 3 days in Teheran
- 9 Destination Bangkok, again
- 10 Trip Report and Diary - Tokyo in 7 Days
- 11 Weekend Market and Or Tor Kor-Bangkok
- 12 Bangkok - Weekend train excursion to Kanchanaburi and/or Nam Tok
- 13 Travel during China national week?
- 14 Luang Prabang to Chiang Mai -- HOW?
- 15 15 Days in Japan, Itinerary Help Please
- 16 Honeymoon in Nha Trang
- 17 Trip report/blog - 10 days in Tokyo and Kyoto
- 18 Favorite travel apps?
- 19 4 wonderful solo weeks in South Korea
- 20 Selecting A Guide for Bhutan (Bridge To Bhutan)
- 21 Foreign currency
- 22 how to book a train from -DaNang to Hue, Vietnam
- 23 Airfare from Bali to Ko Samui
- 24 Honeymoon In sept
- 25 Vietnam October 2014