We are leaving to Sri Lanka for 6 days in mid October with our 2 children 6 and 3!
Arriving at the airport late after midnight and hence booked a room in a nearby hotel so that we can rest after the trip.
We are intending to have a driver/guide all along the trip.
Starting our day fresh, we were thinking of going to Kandy , Nuwara Eliya and then to Udawalawa. Finally spending one night in Colombo.
Does this seem a good choice of traveling with two children? We didn't include Sigiriya because we though it would be hot and not much for the children and hence opted for Udawalawa since it offers a nice stay in the jungle and a safari. But we were told that it is a very long drive to Udawalawa! any other jungle-like experience that we can replace it with?
I would very much appreciate your suggestion and any changes/suggestions to my itinerary.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Delhi private guide
- 2 7ish days in Myanmar, advice please (itinerary, ballooning, restaurants)
- 3 Myanmar in Five days - Advice please!
- 4 JFK to BKK sale on Qatar
- 5 Advice Request: Japan Rail Pass for Two Weeks
- 6 Possible itinerary - 4 days in Georgia
- 7 Pakistan Forum/ Unfriendly
- 8 November Onsen
- 9 Bangkok hotels/neighborhoods
- 10 3 days with snow monkey visit.
- 11 Thai Elephants
- 12 Cancelling trip to Burma; seeking advice for outskirts of Bangkok
- 13 Mumbai short visit
- 14 Best location for snorkelling/ beach/ quiet resort/ great Thai food
- 15 Phuket Beaches
- 16 For those traveling to Bali soon
- 17 Is it safe to travel Hong Kong in Oct?
- 18 Feedback on Kyushu itinerary
- 19 Japan Itinerary!
- 20 What are some hidden gems in Hong Kong?
- 21 Japan Itinerary for 12 Nights and 13 Days
- 22 Thailand Guides
- 23 Bangkok in 3 days - Weekdays
- 24 Experiance /More Than 120 Countries
- 25 Wild China vs Travel Guide China (or the like)