We are leaving to Sri Lanka for 6 days in mid October with our 2 children 6 and 3!
Arriving at the airport late after midnight and hence booked a room in a nearby hotel so that we can rest after the trip.
We are intending to have a driver/guide all along the trip.
Starting our day fresh, we were thinking of going to Kandy , Nuwara Eliya and then to Udawalawa. Finally spending one night in Colombo.
Does this seem a good choice of traveling with two children? We didn't include Sigiriya because we though it would be hot and not much for the children and hence opted for Udawalawa since it offers a nice stay in the jungle and a safari. But we were told that it is a very long drive to Udawalawa! any other jungle-like experience that we can replace it with?
I would very much appreciate your suggestion and any changes/suggestions to my itinerary.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Southern India here we come
- 2 Bridge players Beware!!
- 3 Itinerary set for Japan trip #2: working on some details
- 4 Prehistoric sites in Java and Bali
- 5 MOVIE: Macao & Northwest gladiators
- 6 Help finding a ryokan / onsen!
- 7 Trekking in Nepal Information
- 8 Travelling in China during the summer period
- 9 Vaccinations
- 10 Chengdu and Beijing
- 11 Southeast Asia Itinerary Advice
- 12 One month on Bali/Lombok
- 13 2 months in Indonesia
- 14 a year in burma
- 15 First time to SEA
- 16 First Trip to Japan in April 2016
- 17 Osaka Kyoto Nara Itinerary
- 18 Vietnam vs. Beijing
- 19 Interestig article about Luang Prabang & UNESCO heritage appellation
- 20 Seoul Searching Questions
- 21 Hidden puchasing gems in Bali?
- 22 last minute lodging in kyoto
- 23 Kampot/Kep- 3 days
- 24 Sinorama Tour-Oct. 1, 2016
- 25 I miss Mongolia