We are leaving to Sri Lanka for 6 days in mid October with our 2 children 6 and 3!
Arriving at the airport late after midnight and hence booked a room in a nearby hotel so that we can rest after the trip.
We are intending to have a driver/guide all along the trip.
Starting our day fresh, we were thinking of going to Kandy , Nuwara Eliya and then to Udawalawa. Finally spending one night in Colombo.
Does this seem a good choice of traveling with two children? We didn't include Sigiriya because we though it would be hot and not much for the children and hence opted for Udawalawa since it offers a nice stay in the jungle and a safari. But we were told that it is a very long drive to Udawalawa! any other jungle-like experience that we can replace it with?
I would very much appreciate your suggestion and any changes/suggestions to my itinerary.
Thanks in advance.
6 days with 2 children? Is my itinerary OK?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Please critique my Thailand itinerary
- 2 Driving in Laos
- 3 JR PASS AND ITINERARY
- 4 India - 2 Days only
- 5 Feedback on our C&K India itinerary
- 6 Chiang Mai seven days - help please?
- 7 Sri Lanka trip Sept 2014
- 8 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 9 Cheapest and safe alternative for individual transportation
- 10 Keng Tung Trek, difficult, moderate, or easy?
- 11 Confused about where to stay in Tokyo
- 12 An extra day or two--suggestions? (Kanto, Chubu, Kinki or Chugoku)
- 13 Kyoto to Koyasan, then Koyasan to Hiroshima
- 14 Tokyo to Takayama with transit in Matsumoto in one day
- 15 Myanmar: Anyone traveled to Mrauk U ?
- 16 Sri Lanka Itinerary: comments welcome
- 17 Singapòre with a 9 year old
- 18 Malaysian honeymoon
- 19 Backpacking - Does she remind you of anyone?
- 20 Indonesia - 1 month itinerary
- 21 Favorite hotel in X'ian?
- 22 Myanmar - Organizing Trip for 2015
- 23 China with Collette Tours
- 24 9 nights in Hong Kong in November - how to split up?
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Seoul, South Korea (9 days)