We are leaving to Sri Lanka for 6 days in mid October with our 2 children 6 and 3!
Arriving at the airport late after midnight and hence booked a room in a nearby hotel so that we can rest after the trip.
We are intending to have a driver/guide all along the trip.
Starting our day fresh, we were thinking of going to Kandy , Nuwara Eliya and then to Udawalawa. Finally spending one night in Colombo.
Does this seem a good choice of traveling with two children? We didn't include Sigiriya because we though it would be hot and not much for the children and hence opted for Udawalawa since it offers a nice stay in the jungle and a safari. But we were told that it is a very long drive to Udawalawa! any other jungle-like experience that we can replace it with?
I would very much appreciate your suggestion and any changes/suggestions to my itinerary.
Thanks in advance.
6 days with 2 children? Is my itinerary OK?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 2 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 3 Update on recent TR's on Mrauk U
- 4 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 5 Indonesia Itinerary help
- 6 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 7 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 8 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 9 Takayama ideas in April?
- 10 4-1/2 days in Seoul
- 11 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 12 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 13 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 14 3 Weeks in Japan - Please critique my itineary
- 15 Help! Selecting a Thai beach!
- 16 India
- 17 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 18 Back from a Trip of a Lifetime! Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia!
- 19 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 20 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 21 Vietnam Family Travel Plans
- 22 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 23 Penang
- 24 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 25 Myanmar - Our thoughts and experiences from our recent trip