We are leaving to Sri Lanka for 6 days in mid October with our 2 children 6 and 3!
Arriving at the airport late after midnight and hence booked a room in a nearby hotel so that we can rest after the trip.
We are intending to have a driver/guide all along the trip.
Starting our day fresh, we were thinking of going to Kandy , Nuwara Eliya and then to Udawalawa. Finally spending one night in Colombo.
Does this seem a good choice of traveling with two children? We didn't include Sigiriya because we though it would be hot and not much for the children and hence opted for Udawalawa since it offers a nice stay in the jungle and a safari. But we were told that it is a very long drive to Udawalawa! any other jungle-like experience that we can replace it with?
I would very much appreciate your suggestion and any changes/suggestions to my itinerary.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Seeking Vietnam Itinerary Advice
- 2 Burma or Laos.
- 3 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 4 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan
- 5 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 6 Mid Autumn Festival China - Stay or go?
- 7 Five day itinerary for Bangkok. Ideas?
- 8 March Trip - Where to Go?
- 9 Worldspree Thailand or India
- 10 Vietnam - September 2015
- 11 2-3 nights in Ubud, where to stay?
- 12 Northern Burma on the RV Pandaw II
- 13 best town to stay at for vsiting in Cultural Triangle area?
- 14 Tips for PNG (Varirata NP & POM stay)
- 15 Burma and Vietnam, when to go.
- 16 What to do with 2 weeks on honeymoon in Paradise Bali
- 17 Planning a 2-week trip to Thailand in mid-August
- 18 hanoi eats
- 19 Hakone accommodation options
- 20 Finally, Smeagol and Muffins Japanese adventure begins.....
- 21 Off the beaten track in Japan (Recommendation, please)
- 22 Visa
- 23 Comments please on 6 week South India Itinerary
- 24 Restaurants
- 25 My First Passage to India