We are leaving to Sri Lanka for 6 days in mid October with our 2 children 6 and 3!
Arriving at the airport late after midnight and hence booked a room in a nearby hotel so that we can rest after the trip.
We are intending to have a driver/guide all along the trip.
Starting our day fresh, we were thinking of going to Kandy , Nuwara Eliya and then to Udawalawa. Finally spending one night in Colombo.
Does this seem a good choice of traveling with two children? We didn't include Sigiriya because we though it would be hot and not much for the children and hence opted for Udawalawa since it offers a nice stay in the jungle and a safari. But we were told that it is a very long drive to Udawalawa! any other jungle-like experience that we can replace it with?
I would very much appreciate your suggestion and any changes/suggestions to my itinerary.
Thanks in advance.
6 days with 2 children? Is my itinerary OK?
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Help re. Visa.
- 2 Jet Lagged in Mumbai
- 3 Bangkok/Phuket hotel and suggestions to do?
- 4 Nancy Chandler maps
- 5 Phuket Reniassaince/The Shore in November-swimmable beach?
- 6 Silver shops on New Road behind the Oriental Hotel. Bangkok
- 7 getting from Chiang Mai to Kanchanaburi
- 8 Hong Kong, Thailand Skin products
- 9 Loy Krathong - do you need tickets?
- 10 Ranthambore - where to stay?
- 11 Advice on Tipping in Bali
- 12 flight from Mandalay to Luang Prabang
- 13 15 days in Japan in March/April
- 14 Elephants and Tigers (no bears), oh my.
- 15 Where to buy a Yukuta, rather than a Kimono...?
- 16 Elephant Village Sanctuary in Luang Prabang - which trip?
- 17 possible trip for family of 4 to Japan over New Years. Is it worth trying?
- 18 Recommended hotels/activities in Huahin
- 19 Bangkok and Manila
- 20 What do you think about Western tourist manner?
- 21 Medical/supplemental insurance for India
- 22 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 23 16 days in Vietnam
- 24 Guide in Bagan?
- 25 Day Tours Phuket, Krabi