We are starting (late) to plan a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks in late February. There is a ton of information here on the board that I plan to go through, however, I need to book the airline ticket probably today, so I am hoping for some quick feedback on suggestions.
Our current itinerary is the following:
Sunday night: Arrive in Bangkok
Monday - Thursday: Bangkok and surround (such as tiger temple)
Friday: Transit to Phuket
Saturday - Monday: Explorer Phuket/Koh Phi Phi
Tuesday: Transit to Chiang Mai
Wed - Sunday: Explore Chiang Mai
Sunday evening: Fly home
Any thoughts? Should we swap the ordering of the cities or extend/shorten the stays? We are flexible on activities, looking for a good mix of cultural stuff (temples, tribes), food, and scenery. We hope to be able to fly into Bangkok and out of ChiangMai so we don't need to backtrack.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 MT. Fuji as a day trip from Tokyo
- 2 Help with hotel in Saigon - An Lam Saigon River or Hotel des Arts??
- 3 Krabi, Koh Lanta or other
- 4 Air Travel in India
- 5 Totally unprepared
- 6 Advice for Japan trip in November
- 7 Are Alexander+Roberts China Tours Any Good?
- 8 where to stay in Bali
- 9 Taxis at Mumbai airport
- 10 Hang Son Doong Cave in Vietnam
- 11 A new opportunity to interact with elephants in Thailand
- 12 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 13 Honeymoon Indonesia 10 days. Where?
- 14 Nai Thon beach Thailand
- 15 Osaka-Kyoto-Takayama -Kanazawa in 12 days with Kids Doable?
- 16 20 things to think about when interacting with animals in Thailand
- 17 Confused how to organize Burma itinerary.
- 18 Help plan my 11 days trip to Thailand
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Osaka to Hiroshima and in-between stops (tsuyu / summer)
- 20 First time to Japan for 19 year old and Mom (me)
- 21 What seems to be my final itinerary
- 22 Not Really A Trip Report Kind of Trip Report (Japan 2016)
- 23 Advice for 8 days in Nepal
- 24 Tokyo Itinerary Help please
- 25 Hanoi - SaPa - Hue