We are starting (late) to plan a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks in late February. There is a ton of information here on the board that I plan to go through, however, I need to book the airline ticket probably today, so I am hoping for some quick feedback on suggestions.
Our current itinerary is the following:
Sunday night: Arrive in Bangkok
Monday - Thursday: Bangkok and surround (such as tiger temple)
Friday: Transit to Phuket
Saturday - Monday: Explorer Phuket/Koh Phi Phi
Tuesday: Transit to Chiang Mai
Wed - Sunday: Explore Chiang Mai
Sunday evening: Fly home
Any thoughts? Should we swap the ordering of the cities or extend/shorten the stays? We are flexible on activities, looking for a good mix of cultural stuff (temples, tribes), food, and scenery. We hope to be able to fly into Bangkok and out of ChiangMai so we don't need to backtrack.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Tour group for Cambodia and Vietnam or Myanmar?
- 2 Japan Trip 3 - Initial Loose Planning
- 3 Best french restaurant in Hong Kong?
- 4 New Delhi - What to see?
- 5 JAPANiCAN.com
- 6 Tokyo Hotels Etc.
- 7 Travel in Kyushu.
- 8 Shanghai, Xi'an, Beijing
- 9 Ha Giang or SaPa
- 10 Tour Guide for Jewish Tour of Cochin
- 11 3 weeks itinerary China
- 12 Is it worth going to Phuket or Krabi in July and August?
- 13 Bicycle riding required?
- 14 Castle & King tour questions
- 15 Travel to Philippines for Business - Health Concerns
- 16 Kyoto, Nara, Osaka - 9 days
- 17 Blog about our 6 week backpacking trip through Southeast Asia
- 18 Sri Lanka east cost beaches
- 19 INDIA - AMAZING PRIVATE TRIP IN MAY 2014
- 20 trekking in july in Myanmar
- 21 Nancy Chandler. 1938 - 22 June 2015
- 22 Private guides in Japan
- 23 Warning! Don't use Sinorama Holidays to book a trip to China
- 24 Japan itinerary thoughts please!
- 25 The Best Exotic Off-Season Holiday: Udaipur/Varanasi/Agra/ Delhi