We are starting (late) to plan a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks in late February. There is a ton of information here on the board that I plan to go through, however, I need to book the airline ticket probably today, so I am hoping for some quick feedback on suggestions.
Our current itinerary is the following:
Sunday night: Arrive in Bangkok
Monday - Thursday: Bangkok and surround (such as tiger temple)
Friday: Transit to Phuket
Saturday - Monday: Explorer Phuket/Koh Phi Phi
Tuesday: Transit to Chiang Mai
Wed - Sunday: Explore Chiang Mai
Sunday evening: Fly home
Any thoughts? Should we swap the ordering of the cities or extend/shorten the stays? We are flexible on activities, looking for a good mix of cultural stuff (temples, tribes), food, and scenery. We hope to be able to fly into Bangkok and out of ChiangMai so we don't need to backtrack.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Gutted!
- 2 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 3 Family Trip to Japan
- 4 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 5 5 weeks in Japan
- 6 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 7 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 8 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 9 Please comment on our 19 day itinerary for March 2016
- 10 New Member
- 11 Restaurants in Chennai, Kanchipurum and Pondicherry
- 12 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 13 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 14 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 15 Tashi Delek: trip report from Bhutan 2015
- 16 Hong Kong Trip Report November 2015
- 17 Kathie and Cheryl are off on another SE Asian adventure
- 18 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 19 3 weeks backpacking in Vietnam
- 20 Planning for a trip to Northwest Vietnam
- 21 Eating in Chiang Mai and Pai, Thailand
- 22 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 23 Myanmar- Popular Sights and even a few hospitals!
- 24 Advantage of using Smithsonian Tours
- 25 Tokyo Story's Setsuko Hara dies at 95