We are starting (late) to plan a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks in late February. There is a ton of information here on the board that I plan to go through, however, I need to book the airline ticket probably today, so I am hoping for some quick feedback on suggestions.
Our current itinerary is the following:
Sunday night: Arrive in Bangkok
Monday - Thursday: Bangkok and surround (such as tiger temple)
Friday: Transit to Phuket
Saturday - Monday: Explorer Phuket/Koh Phi Phi
Tuesday: Transit to Chiang Mai
Wed - Sunday: Explore Chiang Mai
Sunday evening: Fly home
Any thoughts? Should we swap the ordering of the cities or extend/shorten the stays? We are flexible on activities, looking for a good mix of cultural stuff (temples, tribes), food, and scenery. We hope to be able to fly into Bangkok and out of ChiangMai so we don't need to backtrack.
2-week Thailand in late Feb
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 60+ travelers to Vietnam, package tour or day tours?
- 2 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 3 Great place for a honeymoon destination?
- 4 Vietnam - Questions
- 5 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 6 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 7 tips and ideas for 10 days in Sri Lanka, train travel, beach options
- 8 Tokyo to Takayama or Kanazawa
- 9 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 10 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 11 Bangkok Jewelry shoping
- 12 Thailand during the rainy season, have you been?
- 13 Osaka shopping
- 14 View from the plane arriving in Singapore then Bali from U.S.
- 15 Takayama ideas in April?
- 16 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 17 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 18 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 19 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 20 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 21 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 22 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 23 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 24 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 25 Luggage Transfer From Hotels