We are starting (late) to plan a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks in late February. There is a ton of information here on the board that I plan to go through, however, I need to book the airline ticket probably today, so I am hoping for some quick feedback on suggestions.
Our current itinerary is the following:
Sunday night: Arrive in Bangkok
Monday - Thursday: Bangkok and surround (such as tiger temple)
Friday: Transit to Phuket
Saturday - Monday: Explorer Phuket/Koh Phi Phi
Tuesday: Transit to Chiang Mai
Wed - Sunday: Explore Chiang Mai
Sunday evening: Fly home
Any thoughts? Should we swap the ordering of the cities or extend/shorten the stays? We are flexible on activities, looking for a good mix of cultural stuff (temples, tribes), food, and scenery. We hope to be able to fly into Bangkok and out of ChiangMai so we don't need to backtrack.
2-week Thailand in late Feb
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Advice re. day trip from Chiang Rai to Mae Sai & Golden Triangle
- 2 RHKKMKs---Just to be copy cats
- 3 Will the new $100 bill be rejected or accepted in Burma?
- 4 Japan & Korea - A little of this, a little of that
- 5 Thailand Flights-Bangkok to Phuket
- 6 help with itinerary!
- 7 Belated 2012 Trip Report - Two Weeks in South Korea
- 8 From Singapore to NZ: A Remarkable Safari Through Time and Across Cultures
- 9 Fly into Osaka instead of Tokyo for Koyosan to Nikko trip?
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Bangkok, Angkor, PhiPhi (2 weeks in rainy season)
- 11 Day trip by car from Kyoto?
- 12 Myanmar evisa system now working well.
- 13 Christmas Time in India
- 14 Having doubts with China
- 15 3 1/2 weeks in Japan. Do I need dinner reservations anywhere?
- 16 Phu Quoc, Vietnam
- 17 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 18 Bali and Java - 24 September to 23 October 2014
- 19 What are the best near places to tour from Panchalingeswar in Odisha
- 20 Next step - drive or be driven - Mae Hong Son loop
- 21 Travelling Plan to Ooty from Bangalore By Train India
- 22 Estimating hours on road - Samcheok to Gyeongju to Daejeon in one day?
- 23 Japiur - 2 days - hotel, restaurant, shopping recommendations needed!
- 24 Myanmar podcast
- 25 Chiang Mai, Thailand airport departure tax