We are starting (late) to plan a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks in late February. There is a ton of information here on the board that I plan to go through, however, I need to book the airline ticket probably today, so I am hoping for some quick feedback on suggestions.
Our current itinerary is the following:
Sunday night: Arrive in Bangkok
Monday - Thursday: Bangkok and surround (such as tiger temple)
Friday: Transit to Phuket
Saturday - Monday: Explorer Phuket/Koh Phi Phi
Tuesday: Transit to Chiang Mai
Wed - Sunday: Explore Chiang Mai
Sunday evening: Fly home
Any thoughts? Should we swap the ordering of the cities or extend/shorten the stays? We are flexible on activities, looking for a good mix of cultural stuff (temples, tribes), food, and scenery. We hope to be able to fly into Bangkok and out of ChiangMai so we don't need to backtrack.
2-week Thailand in late Feb
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 SW China or Myanmar for 2 weeks+ in NOV???
- 2 A redhead in Vietnam and Cambodia
- 3 Bali Honeymoon. Got 3/4 places decided on, struggling on the last...HELP!
- 4 Cost differences between spring and autumn visits to Japan?
- 5 First Time Visit to Japan in November 2015 - Itinerary Review
- 6 Osaka shopping
- 7 Tokyo and Thailand in July
- 8 India: A dream trip meets reality for me
- 9 There and back again: a conflicted (and reimagined) India Trip Report
- 10 Ideas for an off beaten path trip in Burma
- 11 Takayama ideas in April?
- 12 China's Direct Visa - Yet Another Vexation!
- 13 Planning Japan Trip #2
- 14 How to access to Kanazawa New Shinkansen Service March
- 15 First time visiting Japan. Please help
- 16 Luggage Transfer From Hotels
- 17 Penang
- 18 Some Final Thoughts on a Trip to SE Asia
- 19 A week in April; Kyoto and Tokyo?
- 20 Air Asia All You Can Fly
- 21 Madly Dashing to Bali - Hotel Report
- 22 Sri Lanka February 15'
- 23 Restaurants and Things to do at night
- 24 Christmas in Kerala? Birthday in Goa?
- 25 Indonesia Itinerary help