We are starting (late) to plan a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks in late February. There is a ton of information here on the board that I plan to go through, however, I need to book the airline ticket probably today, so I am hoping for some quick feedback on suggestions.
Our current itinerary is the following:
Sunday night: Arrive in Bangkok
Monday - Thursday: Bangkok and surround (such as tiger temple)
Friday: Transit to Phuket
Saturday - Monday: Explorer Phuket/Koh Phi Phi
Tuesday: Transit to Chiang Mai
Wed - Sunday: Explore Chiang Mai
Sunday evening: Fly home
Any thoughts? Should we swap the ordering of the cities or extend/shorten the stays? We are flexible on activities, looking for a good mix of cultural stuff (temples, tribes), food, and scenery. We hope to be able to fly into Bangkok and out of ChiangMai so we don't need to backtrack.
2-week Thailand in late Feb
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Feedback on Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia Itinerary, Please!
- 2 Tokyo Map Recommendation
- 3 Yangshuo or Tiger Leaping Gorge -- bad idea in the winter over Christmas?
- 4 Planning for Nov/Dec trip to Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, LP, Hanoi via HK
- 5 Kashmir first week of June onwards, a few concerns
- 6 Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- 7 Bali , camboidia, Laos itinerary - please tweak
- 8 Planning trip to India, have a couple of questions
- 9 Travel in India: Some Observations and Impressions
- 10 Asia Tour Companies
- 11 Inida- scenic places, national parks, where to go?
- 12 thai air Discovery pass question
- 13 Spending a Week in Bangalore-Any Ideas?
- 14 21 days thailand and vietnam
- 15 India...Men's shorts OK?
- 16 Kllok Travel for Hong Kong. Anybody use it?
- 17 Car rental recommendation - Kanazawa
- 18 Angkor Wat guide
- 19 Visa for Burma/Myanmar from US Embassy in DC?
- 20 CAMBODIA to VIETNAM
- 21 Delhi hotel & Pickup
- 22 2015 Cherry Blossom Forecast Published
- 23 Restaurant and Shopping Recs in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Seoul, Tokyo
- 24 Samui Travelers, Tell Me it is Safer Than What I'm Reading : (
- 25 Beware of Many China Job & Internship Scams Targeting Tourists