We are starting (late) to plan a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks in late February. There is a ton of information here on the board that I plan to go through, however, I need to book the airline ticket probably today, so I am hoping for some quick feedback on suggestions.
Our current itinerary is the following:
Sunday night: Arrive in Bangkok
Monday - Thursday: Bangkok and surround (such as tiger temple)
Friday: Transit to Phuket
Saturday - Monday: Explorer Phuket/Koh Phi Phi
Tuesday: Transit to Chiang Mai
Wed - Sunday: Explore Chiang Mai
Sunday evening: Fly home
Any thoughts? Should we swap the ordering of the cities or extend/shorten the stays? We are flexible on activities, looking for a good mix of cultural stuff (temples, tribes), food, and scenery. We hope to be able to fly into Bangkok and out of ChiangMai so we don't need to backtrack.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Kerala- Periyar or Alleppey, which place is more scenic ?
- 2 10 Place You Should Visit in Iran
- 3 What to do in Halong Bay Vietnam in 2 days
- 4 HANOI ROCKS -- Our Spring Break Visit to Vietnam
- 5 Japanese Alps
- 6 One month in Java and Bali
- 7 Visa Service Referral Needed
- 8 Visa Application Form
- 9 Kyushu planning (March-April)
- 10 Surin Beach - Rubbish Reports?
- 11 A couple of Kyoto questions
- 12 Inoculations for Vietnam & Camboda
- 13 Hotel in Langkawi
- 14 Rerouting My Itinerary/April 2016
- 15 How to avoid MSG in China?
- 16 1 week rental in Kyoto (machiya / apartment)
- 17 Itinerary Hong Kong and Japan - 12 full days
- 18 Is Dalat worth a visit?
- 19 Thailand and ? 4 weeks summer 2016
- 20 Sweltering, steamy, sizzingly southern India--It was hot!
- 21 Kyoto to Tokyo airport - Train or Fly
- 22 Kavey April 2016 Japan Itinerary Planning
- 23 Last Minute Advice for my First Visit to Japan
- 24 Langkawi
- 25 Early planning for yet another "second trip" to Japan