We are starting (late) to plan a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks in late February. There is a ton of information here on the board that I plan to go through, however, I need to book the airline ticket probably today, so I am hoping for some quick feedback on suggestions.
Our current itinerary is the following:
Sunday night: Arrive in Bangkok
Monday - Thursday: Bangkok and surround (such as tiger temple)
Friday: Transit to Phuket
Saturday - Monday: Explorer Phuket/Koh Phi Phi
Tuesday: Transit to Chiang Mai
Wed - Sunday: Explore Chiang Mai
Sunday evening: Fly home
Any thoughts? Should we swap the ordering of the cities or extend/shorten the stays? We are flexible on activities, looking for a good mix of cultural stuff (temples, tribes), food, and scenery. We hope to be able to fly into Bangkok and out of ChiangMai so we don't need to backtrack.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 India help with where to go
- 2 Japan 1 day Trek in Winter
- 3 Dollar traveller cheques
- 4 A 6-week waking dream in North and South India.
- 5 Halong Bay cruise
- 6 How to plan our itinerary in Japan
- 7 Feedback--First Time in Japan, 3 weeks
- 8 Corbett Wildlife Park
- 9 Safari in India to Kanha, Bandhavgarh, Corbett; plus Delhi & Agra
- 10 Singapore Air non-stop SFO-SIN to start in October
- 11 Shoes vs boots? Climbing Mt Bat ur in Bali
- 12 6 days itinerary advise - which company to book ?
- 13 Six months in Inchoen / South Korea
- 14 Planning for 1 week in Vietnam
- 15 3 day tours from Bangkok
- 16 Is this crazy?
- 17 In Seoul for one day
- 18 20 Days In Japan: We survived Sakura!
- 19 How to book domestic tickets/hotels in Burma.
- 20 6 weeks in Cambodia and Laos with an unplanned itinerary
- 21 Hong Kong / Bangkok / Seoul / Tokyo
- 22 Taxis in Yangon
- 23 Feb 17 Itinenary (Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia)
- 24 144 Hour Visa Exception China
- 25 Jews in China. Who knew?