We are starting (late) to plan a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks in late February. There is a ton of information here on the board that I plan to go through, however, I need to book the airline ticket probably today, so I am hoping for some quick feedback on suggestions.
Our current itinerary is the following:
Sunday night: Arrive in Bangkok
Monday - Thursday: Bangkok and surround (such as tiger temple)
Friday: Transit to Phuket
Saturday - Monday: Explorer Phuket/Koh Phi Phi
Tuesday: Transit to Chiang Mai
Wed - Sunday: Explore Chiang Mai
Sunday evening: Fly home
Any thoughts? Should we swap the ordering of the cities or extend/shorten the stays? We are flexible on activities, looking for a good mix of cultural stuff (temples, tribes), food, and scenery. We hope to be able to fly into Bangkok and out of ChiangMai so we don't need to backtrack.
2-week Thailand in late Feb
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Hotels in Hong Kong
- 2 SE Asia July/August - more itinerary advice needed
- 3 Flying from place to place in Asia - here's our plan with questions
- 4 Bali trip - Places to visit outside of Bali / SE Asia
- 5 India for 2 weeks in December/January
- 6 what gifts to take to host in Cambodia from the U.D.
- 7 Recs for Tokyo hotels
- 8 How safe is Delhi/India
- 9 Malaria
- 10 Drinking cheap in Singapore
- 11 Has anyone done a houseboat trip in Kerala
- 12 Vietnam and coffee
- 13 I'm going to Japan!
- 14 Sixteen Day in South Korea
- 15 Living in Bangalore, India for 12 months. How to handle Malaria?
- 16 Diving in Thailand? Be aware!
- 17 Have you stayed at Outrigger Laguna Beach Resort Phuket?
- 18 Cherry blossom
- 19 Hua Hin or another family friendly beach?
- 20 Trip Report on Recent Journey to Nepal
- 21 Shopping in Akhiabara
- 22 Which Putu in Bali????
- 23 Calling all Boracay experts!
- 24 10 hour layover in Tokyo Narita Airport
- 25 Suggestion for which city to break up our flights on the way to India?