We are starting (late) to plan a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks in late February. There is a ton of information here on the board that I plan to go through, however, I need to book the airline ticket probably today, so I am hoping for some quick feedback on suggestions.
Our current itinerary is the following:
Sunday night: Arrive in Bangkok
Monday - Thursday: Bangkok and surround (such as tiger temple)
Friday: Transit to Phuket
Saturday - Monday: Explorer Phuket/Koh Phi Phi
Tuesday: Transit to Chiang Mai
Wed - Sunday: Explore Chiang Mai
Sunday evening: Fly home
Any thoughts? Should we swap the ordering of the cities or extend/shorten the stays? We are flexible on activities, looking for a good mix of cultural stuff (temples, tribes), food, and scenery. We hope to be able to fly into Bangkok and out of ChiangMai so we don't need to backtrack.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 Terracotta Warriors
- 2 Japan - itinerary help needed!
- 3 Interesting Saigon offer tours in Hochiminh city
- 4 hiking japan sept
- 5 Renting 4G Wi-Fi Device in Korea
- 6 The best way to My Son
- 7 Japan Itinerary!
- 8 Across Uzbekistan with MIR
- 9 Destinations like Ubud or Seminyak in Bali?
- 10 Travel from Busan to Seoul by bus
- 11 Kyoto Temples and Imperial Palace - Travel Report
- 12 trying to fathom Chinese train travel
- 13 Travelling the Silk Road - Trip Report
- 14 Cooking class/Food Tour/Fish market tour
- 15 Japan rough itinerary
- 16 Bangkok- Sky Bars
- 17 2 weeks in Asia with my adult kids Xmas
- 18 Please recommend a hotel in Mumbai
- 19 Japan Itinerary Help Needed
- 20 Bangkok- Dinner Cruises
- 21 shanghai for 4 days
- 22 Budget Servied Apt
- 23 7 hour layover in Beijing
- 24 Trip Report: Second Time to Japan - Sakura, Gardens and Castles
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Just back from first time to Japan!