We are starting (late) to plan a trip to Thailand for 2 weeks in late February. There is a ton of information here on the board that I plan to go through, however, I need to book the airline ticket probably today, so I am hoping for some quick feedback on suggestions.
Our current itinerary is the following:
Sunday night: Arrive in Bangkok
Monday - Thursday: Bangkok and surround (such as tiger temple)
Friday: Transit to Phuket
Saturday - Monday: Explorer Phuket/Koh Phi Phi
Tuesday: Transit to Chiang Mai
Wed - Sunday: Explore Chiang Mai
Sunday evening: Fly home
Any thoughts? Should we swap the ordering of the cities or extend/shorten the stays? We are flexible on activities, looking for a good mix of cultural stuff (temples, tribes), food, and scenery. We hope to be able to fly into Bangkok and out of ChiangMai so we don't need to backtrack.
Recent ActivityView all Asia activity »
- 1 My visit to Thailand
- 2 My visit to Cambodia
- 3 Third Time and Still Charmed: Kathie and Cheryl take a Pandaw Cruise
- 4 5 weeks in Japan
- 5 Japn tour 10 nights
- 6 Family Trip to Japan
- 7 Tour guides for Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakone, and Nara
- 8 timing of a Vietnam trip around Tet 2017
- 9 Holiday in Cambodia - plus Myanmar for a wedding.
- 10 Annual Fall Asia Trip
- 11 proposed itinerary for 14 nights Feb. 2016
- 12 Air India Versus Jet airways. Which is best for India
- 13 My visit to Vietnam
- 14 Best place to replenish my Japanese currency?
- 15 Nepal
- 16 Namaste--Nepal trip report November 2015
- 17 Sunday Brunch in Thailand
- 18 What is the Facilities & Services of Maharajas Express Train?
- 19 Gutted!
- 20 Crossing Myanmar with own car (Thailand -> India) in Aug or Sep 2014
- 21 My visit to Lao
- 22 Vietnam and Cambodia opinions needed!
- 23 Seeking Help with First Trip to Japan
- 24 India Trip Three - Am I crazy?
- 25 Question about jungles (sumatra, borneo) and forest fires