The clock is ticking. I need @ 8,000 frequent flyer miles to maintain my Premier status on United. I have looked into buying a random ticket to someplace in the US and buying extra "accelerated" miles at a cost of nearly $1,800 dollars. I have found a ticket to London Heathrow for @ $800 and was thinking about a quick "there and back again" trip. Leave Houston on Saturday evening, arrive at Heathrow at 9:40 am on Sunday and turn around and catch a noon flight back to the US. From what I understand, I will not have to go through customs, just another security screening. Does this sound crazy or a reasonable way to get some miles?
Turning Around at Heathrow
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Need Advice Regarding Schedule Change
- 2 To select a seat or not>
- 3 1 Hour 1 minute connection in Newark
- 4 Using half of a RT ticket
- 5 ATL - domestic flight use security International terminal?
- 6 Unsealed pills ok for airlines?
- 7 Delta has changed my flight three times (so far)!
- 8 Turkish airlines
- 9 What to do at toronto airport ??
- 10 Frankfurt connection
- 11 Turkish Airlines / Layover at IST questions
- 12 Aadvantage seats availability
- 13 Schengen visa inquiry
- 14 Keeping AA miles alive
- 15 Singapore Airlines SilverKris Lounge Singapore Changi Airport
- 16 Singapore Airlines
- 17 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 18 Singapore Airlines A380 Business Class SQ 322 Sin to London
- 19 Malaysia-Singapore-Taiwan
- 20 New rules for United Mileage Plus elite qualification
- 21 What to do about Travelguard denied insurance claim?
- 22 RUH to AMS via CDG-1 hr layover enough?
- 23 United Premier status?
- 24 Wow airlines discount flights to London from US
- 25 Independent ticketing