The clock is ticking. I need @ 8,000 frequent flyer miles to maintain my Premier status on United. I have looked into buying a random ticket to someplace in the US and buying extra "accelerated" miles at a cost of nearly $1,800 dollars. I have found a ticket to London Heathrow for @ $800 and was thinking about a quick "there and back again" trip. Leave Houston on Saturday evening, arrive at Heathrow at 9:40 am on Sunday and turn around and catch a noon flight back to the US. From what I understand, I will not have to go through customs, just another security screening. Does this sound crazy or a reasonable way to get some miles?
Turning Around at Heathrow
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 AA FF Miles to Europe and Asia
- 2 Beware of Bravofly
- 3 Turkish Airlines in the UK
- 4 Recent experience with TSA pre-check
- 5 International flight to domestic connection at Atlanta Airport
- 6 Has anyone had experience with Iflybusiness.com?
- 7 airlines drop fares on tues or wed.
- 8 Baggage and two separate tickets
- 9 When to buy tickets
- 10 Business class discounted brokers. Fly with class.com
- 11 Toronto Airport - Sheraton Gateway Hotel for a long layover?
- 12 TSA hand wipe
- 13 Delta question?
- 14 Layover in London
- 15 AAdvantage DevAAluation
- 16 Transit in Dubai Airport Terminal 3
- 17 British Air or Air France
- 18 Connectiing in CDG good or bad?
- 19 Please help with Delta miles
- 20 How is Verling Airllibes?
- 21 Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)
- 22 Air fares to Europe in August
- 23 Tracking fare info
- 24 Kayak Price Alert - multicity?
- 25 Nonstop from Washington DC to Honolulu?