The clock is ticking. I need @ 8,000 frequent flyer miles to maintain my Premier status on United. I have looked into buying a random ticket to someplace in the US and buying extra "accelerated" miles at a cost of nearly $1,800 dollars. I have found a ticket to London Heathrow for @ $800 and was thinking about a quick "there and back again" trip. Leave Houston on Saturday evening, arrive at Heathrow at 9:40 am on Sunday and turn around and catch a noon flight back to the US. From what I understand, I will not have to go through customs, just another security screening. Does this sound crazy or a reasonable way to get some miles?
Turning Around at Heathrow
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Mobile Board Passes--
- 2 Business Class Summer Sales
- 3 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 4 Choices for Air - AF, KLM via Europe OR SAA via JNB to HARARE, Zim
- 5 AA or BA to OSL
- 6 Best Airline for Trip to Istanbul
- 7 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 8 Visas and flight diversions
- 9 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 10 Half Empty Airliner
- 11 Non Refundable Tickets
- 12 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 13 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 14 AA and USair
- 15 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 16 Ailine security- a strange question
- 17 Paris-London-Dublin
- 18 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 19 Should I purchase now?
- 20 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 21 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 22 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 23 Duty Free Liquor
- 24 United to enforce carry-on size limits
- 25 definition of internationl "secure" area with international airports