The clock is ticking. I need @ 8,000 frequent flyer miles to maintain my Premier status on United. I have looked into buying a random ticket to someplace in the US and buying extra "accelerated" miles at a cost of nearly $1,800 dollars. I have found a ticket to London Heathrow for @ $800 and was thinking about a quick "there and back again" trip. Leave Houston on Saturday evening, arrive at Heathrow at 9:40 am on Sunday and turn around and catch a noon flight back to the US. From what I understand, I will not have to go through customs, just another security screening. Does this sound crazy or a reasonable way to get some miles?
Turning Around at Heathrow
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 What will happen my ff trip on Lufthansa if there is a strike?
- 2 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 3 Ryanair puts on airs
- 4 Qantas Economy Class Amenities. SYD-DFW Are there any?
- 5 airline transportation cart
- 6 Seeking suggestions for airport that SW flies into and has PNS connections
- 7 Beware of Bravofly
- 8 HELP ME TO CHOOSE A BEST CONNECTION TO AVOID ROAMING CHARGES IN AUSTRALIA
- 9 Virgin Australia vs. Quantas Air
- 10 VISA date conflict
- 11 Does a first class tix automatically give one entry to Club?
- 12 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 13 Biz lounge in Toronto
- 14 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 15 Connecting: CDG-VRN
- 16 US Air Absolutely Horrid
- 17 Question about Star Alliance lounge access
- 18 CDG-VRN Carry-On Question
- 19 Airfare for Budapest May 2015
- 20 Dubai / Visa
- 21 Keflavik Iceland changing planes
- 22 Ticketed Name Different Than Passport
- 23 Qater Airlines - 3 hr layover in Doha now 13 hours
- 24 PHL-FCO-ATH where will we go through passport control/customs?
- 25 When to buy ticket?