I will be flying from Singapore to Amsterdam overnight by KLM. This will be my both first intercontinental and overnight flight. The plane will leave Singapore at 1am just after midnight, and will land in Amsterdam at 7am in the morning on the same day. As Amsterdam is 7 hours behind Singapore, it means the total fly duration is 13 hours.
I want to prevent jet lag as much as possible. I have been reading many posts about jet lag, and most people advise sleeping in the plane, and then not to sleep before 9pm in the day of arrival. Arriving at 7am means that there will be a whole day ahead to stay awake.
My questions are:
1. I will bring my daypack to the cabin. And I will bring cash, passport, and wallet. Usually I put them in my daypack and stored in the cabin. But as this will be overnight flight, where I will be sleeping, is it safe to do that? Or do I have to put them in money belt and wear the money belt throughout the whole flight?
2. How long should I sleep in the plane? Just normal 8 hours, or as much as possible (like 10-12 hours)?
Thanks a lot!
Jet Lag Prevention and Security in Flight
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 airlines recommendation from the USA to Hong Kong
- 2 What to do about Travelguard denied insurance claim? please help
- 3 Saddle seats - coming to airbus soon
- 4 Avoid Alpha Flight Guru or be stranded somewhere and pay the price!
- 5 United flight reservation change
- 6 Amst-Spain - enough time to leave the airport?
- 7 economy plus seating on United Flights
- 8 Codeshares
- 9 First point if entry in USA
- 10 Help need about onward trabel
- 11 Missing middle name in system -- orbitz refuses to refund
- 12 Jacob Ng Community
- 13 Need Advice: Germany in October Prices
- 14 Austrian Airlines Business Class "Upgrade" - avoid
- 15 Cant get seats on united codeshare
- 16 LAX. Terminal 4 to terminal 6
- 17 Beware of Bravofly
- 18 American 757 Economy: Renovated Interiors...?
- 19 Connecting in SFO, domestic to international flight
- 20 Bravofly is a scam - beware
- 21 LAX to Tokoy - How much Lay Over TIme Do I Need
- 22 Flight to Dublin
- 23 Layover in Boston
- 24 Reserving seats on AA operated flight
- 25 Transfer time at Heathrow