I will be flying from Singapore to Amsterdam overnight by KLM. This will be my both first intercontinental and overnight flight. The plane will leave Singapore at 1am just after midnight, and will land in Amsterdam at 7am in the morning on the same day. As Amsterdam is 7 hours behind Singapore, it means the total fly duration is 13 hours.
I want to prevent jet lag as much as possible. I have been reading many posts about jet lag, and most people advise sleeping in the plane, and then not to sleep before 9pm in the day of arrival. Arriving at 7am means that there will be a whole day ahead to stay awake.
My questions are:
1. I will bring my daypack to the cabin. And I will bring cash, passport, and wallet. Usually I put them in my daypack and stored in the cabin. But as this will be overnight flight, where I will be sleeping, is it safe to do that? Or do I have to put them in money belt and wear the money belt throughout the whole flight?
2. How long should I sleep in the plane? Just normal 8 hours, or as much as possible (like 10-12 hours)?
Thanks a lot!
Jet Lag Prevention and Security in Flight
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Rome Airport Luggage Storage
- 2 Considering an Around-the-World ticket
- 3 Best Airline to Fly to Singapore?
- 4 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 5 Using Award Tickets: things can be flexible at the airport...
- 6 Arrival at SFO
- 7 United Four Across in Biz Class
- 8 Singapore Stopover Holiday - Which Leg?
- 9 American Airlines awards
- 10 Delta?
- 11 Virgin Atlantic to LHR in economy - any opinions?
- 12 Suggestions for non-English-speaking travellers at London Heathrow Airport
- 13 Delayed Luggage
- 14 Ryanair puts on airs
- 15 Passengers in fight over reclined seat
- 16 Which is better-Quatar or Emirates?
- 17 Flying from East Coast to Italy - Strategy for Cheap Flights?
- 18 Seat selection help Korean Air
- 19 air canada not taking responsibility and not sure where to call
- 20 Travellers Beware of Online Tricks!
- 21 Bravofly 1 click 4 all your money !
- 22 Air France strike over
- 23 Transferring TBIT to Terminal 6 in LAX - lounge options?
- 24 Questions asked by CBP
- 25 Asthma and Perfume on a Plane