I will be flying from Singapore to Amsterdam overnight by KLM. This will be my both first intercontinental and overnight flight. The plane will leave Singapore at 1am just after midnight, and will land in Amsterdam at 7am in the morning on the same day. As Amsterdam is 7 hours behind Singapore, it means the total fly duration is 13 hours.
I want to prevent jet lag as much as possible. I have been reading many posts about jet lag, and most people advise sleeping in the plane, and then not to sleep before 9pm in the day of arrival. Arriving at 7am means that there will be a whole day ahead to stay awake.
My questions are:
1. I will bring my daypack to the cabin. And I will bring cash, passport, and wallet. Usually I put them in my daypack and stored in the cabin. But as this will be overnight flight, where I will be sleeping, is it safe to do that? Or do I have to put them in money belt and wear the money belt throughout the whole flight?
2. How long should I sleep in the plane? Just normal 8 hours, or as much as possible (like 10-12 hours)?
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Travelling to Australia on a passport with less then 6 months validity?
- 2 Admirals Club Lounge Access for First Class Int'l Passengers?
- 3 Frustrated w/ 1 qt bag limit
- 4 KLM Business Class
- 5 First time, Best Business class?
- 6 Using half of a round trip ticket...
- 7 Changing Dates on United FF award tix
- 8 Flying from Tokyo (NRT or HND) to San Francisco (SFO or SJC). Options?
- 9 Which airport for connection to/from Europe?
- 10 Best ideas to pack in your carry on?
- 11 Eurowings & Cologne Airpot
- 12 Handicap assistance at FCO
- 13 Miami>LHR>AMS
- 14 From NYC to MAD and to NYC from LISBON..direct flights
- 15 Comments on BA BOS-LHR flights, equipment
- 16 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal
- 17 KLM is unfair to vegetarians!
- 18 Using American Miles
- 19 Changing airlines n 1.5 h in CDG, is it possible?
- 20 Airline sold ticket with short connection
- 21 Student Universe
- 22 Instant Cold Compress and TSA
- 23 Sky Airlines - buying tickets from USA over internet!
- 24 Very Large Quantities of R/X in Carry On
- 25 Immigration Check Query.