I will be flying from Singapore to Amsterdam overnight by KLM. This will be my both first intercontinental and overnight flight. The plane will leave Singapore at 1am just after midnight, and will land in Amsterdam at 7am in the morning on the same day. As Amsterdam is 7 hours behind Singapore, it means the total fly duration is 13 hours.
I want to prevent jet lag as much as possible. I have been reading many posts about jet lag, and most people advise sleeping in the plane, and then not to sleep before 9pm in the day of arrival. Arriving at 7am means that there will be a whole day ahead to stay awake.
My questions are:
1. I will bring my daypack to the cabin. And I will bring cash, passport, and wallet. Usually I put them in my daypack and stored in the cabin. But as this will be overnight flight, where I will be sleeping, is it safe to do that? Or do I have to put them in money belt and wear the money belt throughout the whole flight?
2. How long should I sleep in the plane? Just normal 8 hours, or as much as possible (like 10-12 hours)?
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Air Canada rouge or air transat?
- 2 Car seat harassment
- 3 Short Layover (1 hour) in Seattle/Tacoma?
- 4 Saga Class on Icelandair
- 5 JAL or AA business--LAX to TKO
- 6 Checked Luggage on Separate Tickets
- 7 International arrival - easiest airport for connection?
- 8 Carry on
- 9 LAX Terminal Reshuffle
- 10 WestJet to add budget line
- 11 JetBlue Hub in Fort Lauderdale
- 12 gate distance
- 13 When can the pilot turn off the fasten seatbelt sign
- 14 Luggage Newark - Houston - Belize and back
- 15 Luggage tag
- 16 Premium Economy - Air France vs Lufthansa
- 17 Departing FCO
- 18 carryon fee on international flights?
- 19 Incomplete first name on international ticket
- 20 FCO - CDG - SFO connection
- 21 Medication Sleep Aid for 30+ Hours Travel
- 22 Changing terminals in Philadelphia
- 23 AirAsia not accepting payment
- 24 enough time for this flight?
- 25 live in Seattle and dreaming of London? Norwegian arrives Sept!