I will be flying from Singapore to Amsterdam overnight by KLM. This will be my both first intercontinental and overnight flight. The plane will leave Singapore at 1am just after midnight, and will land in Amsterdam at 7am in the morning on the same day. As Amsterdam is 7 hours behind Singapore, it means the total fly duration is 13 hours.
I want to prevent jet lag as much as possible. I have been reading many posts about jet lag, and most people advise sleeping in the plane, and then not to sleep before 9pm in the day of arrival. Arriving at 7am means that there will be a whole day ahead to stay awake.
My questions are:
1. I will bring my daypack to the cabin. And I will bring cash, passport, and wallet. Usually I put them in my daypack and stored in the cabin. But as this will be overnight flight, where I will be sleeping, is it safe to do that? Or do I have to put them in money belt and wear the money belt throughout the whole flight?
2. How long should I sleep in the plane? Just normal 8 hours, or as much as possible (like 10-12 hours)?
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Premium Economy Virgin Atlantic
- 2 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
- 3 Traveling to Spain in March
- 4 Help with Seats on KLM Flight
- 5 Google Flights ?
- 6 LAX Domestic to Int'l Connx
- 7 Norwegian Air - What's the catch?
- 8 FLL Navigating Fort Lauderdale airport
- 9 Logging into my Aadvantage account
- 10 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 11 Flying "Backwards"
- 12 Europe (Lisbon) to Miami: Iberia or Lufthansa in terms of cabin comfort?
- 13 Asking for a sandwich in lieu of a hot meal
- 14 Reclining Seats in BA Premium Econ?
- 15 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 16 Delta and Virgin
- 17 Cancellation of Thai Airway return trip ticket
- 18 Newark connection
- 19 connection in jfk for only 90 minutes
- 20 Which airline for Paris/Nice?
- 21 Ticket spelling error with Orbitz
- 22 Cooperating with Airport Security
- 23 SMF to NCE or CDG
- 24 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 25 Around the World Fare on OneWorld?