I will be flying from Singapore to Amsterdam overnight by KLM. This will be my both first intercontinental and overnight flight. The plane will leave Singapore at 1am just after midnight, and will land in Amsterdam at 7am in the morning on the same day. As Amsterdam is 7 hours behind Singapore, it means the total fly duration is 13 hours.
I want to prevent jet lag as much as possible. I have been reading many posts about jet lag, and most people advise sleeping in the plane, and then not to sleep before 9pm in the day of arrival. Arriving at 7am means that there will be a whole day ahead to stay awake.
My questions are:
1. I will bring my daypack to the cabin. And I will bring cash, passport, and wallet. Usually I put them in my daypack and stored in the cabin. But as this will be overnight flight, where I will be sleeping, is it safe to do that? Or do I have to put them in money belt and wear the money belt throughout the whole flight?
2. How long should I sleep in the plane? Just normal 8 hours, or as much as possible (like 10-12 hours)?
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 2 Sandwiches on the plane
- 3 Times article on LaGuardia
- 4 Frustrated w/ 1 qt bag limit
- 5 Norwegian Airlines, price too good to be true?
- 6 JFK to EWR
- 7 Flying "Backwards"
- 8 Zurich Airport
- 9 Best ideas to pack in your carry on?
- 10 Do I have to change terminals in Zurich?
- 11 Around the World Fare on OneWorld?
- 12 Kansas City to Bonaire
- 13 KLM is unfair to vegetarians!
- 14 Stopvers Using UA Miles
- 15 Any experience with #Mobile Passport?
- 16 Confused on Seeing AA Upgrades
- 17 Madrid airport transfer from T4S to T1:Avianca to Egypt Air
- 18 Airline Benefits: How does PTO work?
- 19 What Would You Do re Connection Time
- 20 depart to london the earliest in the morning
- 21 American vs United
- 22 Flying on AA into Sicily
- 23 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 24 Your experience with Interjet
- 25 Changing name on return Delta ticket