I will be flying from Singapore to Amsterdam overnight by KLM. This will be my both first intercontinental and overnight flight. The plane will leave Singapore at 1am just after midnight, and will land in Amsterdam at 7am in the morning on the same day. As Amsterdam is 7 hours behind Singapore, it means the total fly duration is 13 hours.
I want to prevent jet lag as much as possible. I have been reading many posts about jet lag, and most people advise sleeping in the plane, and then not to sleep before 9pm in the day of arrival. Arriving at 7am means that there will be a whole day ahead to stay awake.
My questions are:
1. I will bring my daypack to the cabin. And I will bring cash, passport, and wallet. Usually I put them in my daypack and stored in the cabin. But as this will be overnight flight, where I will be sleeping, is it safe to do that? Or do I have to put them in money belt and wear the money belt throughout the whole flight?
2. How long should I sleep in the plane? Just normal 8 hours, or as much as possible (like 10-12 hours)?
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Tipping for Wheelchair Assistance
- 2 Is the "better" food on BA worth it.
- 3 Toronto-Atlanta-Fort Walton Beach
- 4 Norwegian Airlines through Expedia
- 5 Global Entry advice
- 6 Discount Airlines Ok?
- 7 TXL or FRA?
- 8 Does a OneWorld Explorer ticket make sense?
- 9 Fly Royal Jordanian BKK to HKG?
- 10 The Big Black X at U.S. Immigration
- 11 Please tell me about RyanAir and EasyJet
- 12 Overnight Layover at LaGuardia
- 13 Istanbul Airport is Horrible
- 14 Need Advice about Ticket Price Drop
- 15 Thomas Cook Airlines PREMIUM ECONOMY from JFK-MAN return - WORTH IT?
- 16 Beach Ball headrest?
- 17 compensation for loosing a bag
- 18 Cancelling an AA miles ticket
- 19 RTW Routing Guidance
- 20 JFK or EWR?
- 21 Transit time at Narita, Tokyo. Is 1h 5m do-able?
- 22 Best Premium Economy to Copenhagen from DTW
- 23 Virgin Vs. Delta BOS-LHR
- 24 Gifting AA miles
- 25 How do I book AA award flights using two different account numbers?