I will be flying from Singapore to Amsterdam overnight by KLM. This will be my both first intercontinental and overnight flight. The plane will leave Singapore at 1am just after midnight, and will land in Amsterdam at 7am in the morning on the same day. As Amsterdam is 7 hours behind Singapore, it means the total fly duration is 13 hours.
I want to prevent jet lag as much as possible. I have been reading many posts about jet lag, and most people advise sleeping in the plane, and then not to sleep before 9pm in the day of arrival. Arriving at 7am means that there will be a whole day ahead to stay awake.
My questions are:
1. I will bring my daypack to the cabin. And I will bring cash, passport, and wallet. Usually I put them in my daypack and stored in the cabin. But as this will be overnight flight, where I will be sleeping, is it safe to do that? Or do I have to put them in money belt and wear the money belt throughout the whole flight?
2. How long should I sleep in the plane? Just normal 8 hours, or as much as possible (like 10-12 hours)?
Thanks a lot!
Jet Lag Prevention and Security in Flight
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Don't fly UNITED Airlines...they are pirates
- 2 Delta in Amsterdam
- 3 UNITED Airlines does not recognize Star Alliance Gold Status Benefits
- 4 MAKING CONNECTION CDG - 3 HOURS
- 5 United Airlines
- 6 Layover Time
- 7 Best Time to Buy II: The Domestic Question
- 8 Beware of Bravofly
- 9 AA FF Miles to Europe and Asia
- 10 Turkish Airlines in the UK
- 11 Recent experience with TSA pre-check
- 12 International flight to domestic connection at Atlanta Airport
- 13 Has anyone had experience with Iflybusiness.com?
- 14 airlines drop fares on tues or wed.
- 15 Baggage and two separate tickets
- 16 When to buy tickets
- 17 Business class discounted brokers. Fly with class.com
- 18 Toronto Airport - Sheraton Gateway Hotel for a long layover?
- 19 TSA hand wipe
- 20 Delta question?
- 21 Layover in London
- 22 AAdvantage DevAAluation
- 23 Transit in Dubai Airport Terminal 3
- 24 British Air or Air France
- 25 Connectiing in CDG good or bad?