I will be flying from Singapore to Amsterdam overnight by KLM. This will be my both first intercontinental and overnight flight. The plane will leave Singapore at 1am just after midnight, and will land in Amsterdam at 7am in the morning on the same day. As Amsterdam is 7 hours behind Singapore, it means the total fly duration is 13 hours.
I want to prevent jet lag as much as possible. I have been reading many posts about jet lag, and most people advise sleeping in the plane, and then not to sleep before 9pm in the day of arrival. Arriving at 7am means that there will be a whole day ahead to stay awake.
My questions are:
1. I will bring my daypack to the cabin. And I will bring cash, passport, and wallet. Usually I put them in my daypack and stored in the cabin. But as this will be overnight flight, where I will be sleeping, is it safe to do that? Or do I have to put them in money belt and wear the money belt throughout the whole flight?
2. How long should I sleep in the plane? Just normal 8 hours, or as much as possible (like 10-12 hours)?
Thanks a lot!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 http://www.tryutopiancleanse360.com/zynev-male-enhancement/
- 2 How-To Do A Colon Cleanse - Things To Consider
- 3 Domestic/International Connection SFO
- 4 CDG transit time
- 5 Exchanging seats with a basketball player
- 6 Ryanair
- 7 Economy class comfort
- 8 Transfer time to flight to US, LHR Term 3
- 9 Transit time at JFK from T4 to T1
- 10 Dreamliner and altitude sickness
- 11 A horror story about Justfly
- 12 Anyone familiar with clearme.com?
- 13 How does luggage go to the wrong place?
- 14 Security lines at IAD
- 15 restaurants at the Albuquerque sunport
- 16 small claims court for travel website (orbitz)
- 17 Tipping Flight Attendants??? Is this the new norm?
- 18 Soutwest Airlines Terms
- 19 Day of the week for the best price
- 20 Slightly Damaged Passport
- 21 LAX T4 and Bradley Int'l connector
- 22 how long to allocate for TSA in Dallas
- 23 Flight review – American Airlines Los Angeles to Sydney – Business Class
- 24 Expired Canadian PR card
- 25 TAP Miami to Nice