Well, my mother finally saved up enough points to fly to Euroupe to visit me and my family in Business class, she has health issues and needs the leg room. She is set to fly home on Monday morning and unfortunately fell ill two days ago. We have visited the hospital and she has been put on a round of strong anitbiotics and pain killers, our first plan was to extend her visit with 2 weeks so that she would hopefully be better when making the 15 hour trip. When we called British Airways they refused to let her change her date of departure because she had already started her trip. Finally, we talked to someone that would let us change her flight but not until the 2nd of April, because according to them that was the only seat avaialable for people who had used points to buy their ticket. Well long story short, I called again asking if we could buy a regular ticket and upgrade her with her remaining BA points but aparently the same dates applied! Then to make matters worse, the ticket agent informed me that she was flagging my mother as a passenger needing a "fit to fly" notice because she said in the phone call I had mentioned that she was not well 3 times, that was their policy which means we would now have to go back to the hospital and get a foriegn doctor to fill in paperwork from their website to state she was okay to fly. So I had to wake up my mother and get her to persuade the ticket agent to not flag her, in doing so she recorded my mother saying that she was able to fly repeatedly. So the lesson is what... don't call customer service asking for help because they just might make it harder on you! I am so disappointed in they way they treat their customers, and it will be the last time me or my family fly BA.
British Airways Changing a ticket bought on points... forget about it!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Europe to US destination non-stop options
- 2 Air Canada -- Emergency Row Exit
- 3 Cant get seats on united codeshare
- 4 Priority Pass - Worth It?
- 5 Travellers Beware of Online Tricks!
- 6 Air New Zealand and Virgin Australia Baggage Limits
- 7 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 8 787-9 Dreamliner
- 9 Turkish airline denying boarding and not fly us to final destination
- 10 What are Level 1 and, especially, Level 2 on AmAirlines Advantage tickets?
- 11 La Compagie
- 12 Biz lounge in Toronto
- 13 Which is better-Quatar or Emirates?
- 14 Passengers in fight over reclined seat
- 15 Flying business class, friend in economy
- 16 Baggage transfer on two separate tickets
- 17 Does O'Hare Terminal 5 have Special TSA Precheck for Security?
- 18 Dubai 96 hour transit visa
- 19 Best seat AA transcon Airbus - first Class
- 20 90 minutes at Brisbane airport - enough time?
- 21 Hotels around JFK Airport
- 22 Best time to redeem AA miles?
- 23 Get a refund or credit for economy United tkts?
- 24 Questions about: Open Ended Airplane Ticket?
- 25 Flying from East Coast to Italy - Strategy for Cheap Flights?