Well, my mother finally saved up enough points to fly to Euroupe to visit me and my family in Business class, she has health issues and needs the leg room. She is set to fly home on Monday morning and unfortunately fell ill two days ago. We have visited the hospital and she has been put on a round of strong anitbiotics and pain killers, our first plan was to extend her visit with 2 weeks so that she would hopefully be better when making the 15 hour trip. When we called British Airways they refused to let her change her date of departure because she had already started her trip. Finally, we talked to someone that would let us change her flight but not until the 2nd of April, because according to them that was the only seat avaialable for people who had used points to buy their ticket. Well long story short, I called again asking if we could buy a regular ticket and upgrade her with her remaining BA points but aparently the same dates applied! Then to make matters worse, the ticket agent informed me that she was flagging my mother as a passenger needing a "fit to fly" notice because she said in the phone call I had mentioned that she was not well 3 times, that was their policy which means we would now have to go back to the hospital and get a foriegn doctor to fill in paperwork from their website to state she was okay to fly. So I had to wake up my mother and get her to persuade the ticket agent to not flag her, in doing so she recorded my mother saying that she was able to fly repeatedly. So the lesson is what... don't call customer service asking for help because they just might make it harder on you! I am so disappointed in they way they treat their customers, and it will be the last time me or my family fly BA.
British Airways Changing a ticket bought on points... forget about it!
View all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Global Entry Program and TSA PreCheck Question
- 2 For United Frequent Fliers: How will you get to Bangkok now?
- 3 Lufthansa one-way prices
- 4 Is $361 per person reasonable SLC-Orlando
- 5 Best time to purchase ticket to Orlando from Salt Lake travel end of May?
- 6 Were you "stupid" to buy AA stocks ~2 years ago?
- 7 Medallion status after AA/USAIR merger
- 8 Trying again to get away. End of the year sometimes
- 9 Worst US airline?
- 10 Buying business and coach tickets
- 11 Beware of Bravofly
- 12 Virgin Atlantic Economy - Changeable?
- 13 Should I switch from AMEX/Delta to say VISA/United?
- 14 Premium Economy on Quantas vs. Business Class on Delta?
- 15 Deceptive Airtran Bump Reimbursement
- 16 flight change and immigration time insight: Dallas to Frankfurt to Vienna
- 17 Continue on or stopover?
- 18 Breaking up a flight
- 19 Best routing on AA or BA; BOS/PMO; Business Class Award tix for 2; May 2014
- 20 Flying to the US with engagement ring.
- 21 aadvantage website
- 22 Singapore Airlines A380 Business Class SQ 322 Sin to London
- 23 Sleep in Abu Dhabi airport?
- 24 JFK Transfer - enough time?
- 25 800 miles short from making 1K with United