Hi everyone--I am trying to book a trip to Dar es Salaam. Our plan is to fly to London overnight and then stay in London for one night (giving us 2 days in London) and then fly from there to Dar. When I search for prices on Kayak, Expedia,etc., as a single trip it is almost $300 cheaper than if I book the same flights but as 2 separate trips. The only difference is we would be doing the second leg 24 hours later. I can't find a way to book one trip but with a gap in the middle (i.e, not taking the next flight out of London. We really want to stay the night in London because it would mean flying overnight to London, waiting 12 hours and then taking another night flight to Dar, in addition to dealing with jet lag. Can anyone suggest a way around this?
booking air tickets as 2 trips vs. 1 trip
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 US Airways or Lufthansa for teen traveling alone
- 2 KLM Comfort Economy?
- 3 Suggestions for non-English-speaking travellers at London Heathrow Airport
- 4 United Changed my flight without asking
- 5 Transfer time in CDG for different tickets
- 6 Passengers in fight over reclined seat
- 7 Best Airline to Fly to Singapore?
- 8 Delta 767-300ER vs. USAir A300-200 Business Class
- 9 Wow airlines discount flights to London from US
- 10 Gimpy Geezer and Wife Fly Air France A380 Premium Economy from DC to Europe
- 11 Singapore Stopover Holiday - Which Leg?
- 12 United/Lufthansa - no miles credit for the Lufthansa legs?
- 13 Rome Airport Luggage Storage
- 14 Booking Annoyance
- 15 Considering an Around-the-World ticket
- 16 Virgin Atlantic to LHR in economy - any opinions?
- 17 United Four Across in Biz Class
- 18 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 19 Taxes and carrier-imposed fees - EXORBITANT!
- 20 Using Award Tickets: things can be flexible at the airport...
- 21 Arrival at SFO
- 22 American Airlines awards
- 23 Delta?
- 24 Delayed Luggage
- 25 Ryanair puts on airs