Hi everyone--I am trying to book a trip to Dar es Salaam. Our plan is to fly to London overnight and then stay in London for one night (giving us 2 days in London) and then fly from there to Dar. When I search for prices on Kayak, Expedia,etc., as a single trip it is almost $300 cheaper than if I book the same flights but as 2 separate trips. The only difference is we would be doing the second leg 24 hours later. I can't find a way to book one trip but with a gap in the middle (i.e, not taking the next flight out of London. We really want to stay the night in London because it would mean flying overnight to London, waiting 12 hours and then taking another night flight to Dar, in addition to dealing with jet lag. Can anyone suggest a way around this?
booking air tickets as 2 trips vs. 1 trip
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Changing flights
- 2 Etihad is an anagram of 'I hated...'
- 3 Mobile Board Passes--
- 4 Sleeping pills for long haul flights
- 5 Business Class Summer Sales
- 6 Choices for Air - AF, KLM via Europe OR SAA via JNB to HARARE, Zim
- 7 AA or BA to OSL
- 8 Best Airline for Trip to Istanbul
- 9 What to pack in your "personal item" for an overseas flight
- 10 Visas and flight diversions
- 11 Singapore Airlines vs Emirates
- 12 Half Empty Airliner
- 13 Non Refundable Tickets
- 14 Scarcity of award travel in July on United Airlines
- 15 A Entire Area Blocked Off?
- 16 AA and USair
- 17 Multi-city pricing and strategy
- 18 Ailine security- a strange question
- 19 Paris-London-Dublin
- 20 Orbitz or Cheaptickets or Priceline via Kayak?
- 21 Should I purchase now?
- 22 Flight not always appearing on United website
- 23 Curious...ORD to NAN
- 24 Not showing up for a connecting flight - to tell or not to tell?
- 25 Duty Free Liquor