Hi everyone--I am trying to book a trip to Dar es Salaam. Our plan is to fly to London overnight and then stay in London for one night (giving us 2 days in London) and then fly from there to Dar. When I search for prices on Kayak, Expedia,etc., as a single trip it is almost $300 cheaper than if I book the same flights but as 2 separate trips. The only difference is we would be doing the second leg 24 hours later. I can't find a way to book one trip but with a gap in the middle (i.e, not taking the next flight out of London. We really want to stay the night in London because it would mean flying overnight to London, waiting 12 hours and then taking another night flight to Dar, in addition to dealing with jet lag. Can anyone suggest a way around this?
booking air tickets as 2 trips vs. 1 trip
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 Delta in Amsterdam
- 2 Beware of Bravofly
- 3 AA FF Miles to Europe and Asia
- 4 Turkish Airlines in the UK
- 5 Recent experience with TSA pre-check
- 6 International flight to domestic connection at Atlanta Airport
- 7 Has anyone had experience with Iflybusiness.com?
- 8 airlines drop fares on tues or wed.
- 9 Baggage and two separate tickets
- 10 When to buy tickets
- 11 Business class discounted brokers. Fly with class.com
- 12 Toronto Airport - Sheraton Gateway Hotel for a long layover?
- 13 TSA hand wipe
- 14 Delta question?
- 15 Layover in London
- 16 AAdvantage DevAAluation
- 17 Transit in Dubai Airport Terminal 3
- 18 British Air or Air France
- 19 Connectiing in CDG good or bad?
- 20 Please help with Delta miles
- 21 How is Verling Airllibes?
- 22 Help: Transit through Frankfurt on way to Turkey (from US)
- 23 Air fares to Europe in August
- 24 Tracking fare info
- 25 Kayak Price Alert - multicity?