I recently traveled to Europe for vacation and on the return trip back to the U.S., was sent for a "secondary inspection." Based on the fact that I already got an entry stamp in my passport and collected my one small suitcase, there was no merit for it - it was obvious the CBP agent was just pissed off that I didn't follow directions (we were being herded like cattle and it was ultra confusing where we were and were not supposed to be going). No one explained why I was there and how long I would be there (over an hour). When my travel companion tried to inquire what was going on, they were told to leave or be arrested. Long story short, I submitted a comment to the Customs and Border Protection, to which I got a reply that was not to my satisfaction. I followed up with another comment, and got the following reply: "A response was sent to the port director's office."
Does anyone have any idea what that means? Does that mean they have now flagged me in the system and I'm in some sort of trouble?!
None of my comments were rude or insulting in any way. It was more of a "this is what happened, and I feel betrayed by the system and wish you would treat travelers with more dignity and respect."
Has anyone received a similar response or could shed some light on what this means? I enjoy traveling but now fear return flights to my local international airport!
Any idea what this response from Customs and Border Protection means?
- 1 What do I owe to a Travel Agent?
- 2 Flight connection in Brussels: Help!!
- 3 Beware of Bravofly
- 4 Great coffee
- 5 Qatar Airways - Terrible Customer Service
- 6 US customs forms questions
- 7 Best website for cheap Europe flights
- 8 LAX customs HELP
- 9 British Airways, Edinburgh to Heathrow - baggage re-check?
- 10 flights to israel from ny
- 11 Flights to Europe
- 12 Flight delays and costs due to weather.
- 13 Converstion rates for Airtran A+ credits transfer to Southwest Rewards?
- 14 easyJet cabin baggage
- 15 Flying out of Venice Marco Polo on Vueling
- 16 Award Availability
- 17 Please critique my plan for flying w/2 kids!
- 18 Anyone used webjet.com?
- 19 Review of Air France Premium Economy
- 20 Expedia points?
- 21 Traveling with Cremains
- 22 Can I "walk away" from the second leg of my flight?
- 23 self check in kiosks
- 24 How does duty free shopping work?
- 25 TSA comment period open until June 24