I recently traveled to Europe for vacation and on the return trip back to the U.S., was sent for a "secondary inspection." Based on the fact that I already got an entry stamp in my passport and collected my one small suitcase, there was no merit for it - it was obvious the CBP agent was just pissed off that I didn't follow directions (we were being herded like cattle and it was ultra confusing where we were and were not supposed to be going). No one explained why I was there and how long I would be there (over an hour). When my travel companion tried to inquire what was going on, they were told to leave or be arrested. Long story short, I submitted a comment to the Customs and Border Protection, to which I got a reply that was not to my satisfaction. I followed up with another comment, and got the following reply: "A response was sent to the port director's office."
Does anyone have any idea what that means? Does that mean they have now flagged me in the system and I'm in some sort of trouble?!
None of my comments were rude or insulting in any way. It was more of a "this is what happened, and I feel betrayed by the system and wish you would treat travelers with more dignity and respect."
Has anyone received a similar response or could shed some light on what this means? I enjoy traveling but now fear return flights to my local international airport!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 What has become of AA flights to Europe? All BA now.
- 2 Has using FF miles on AA got a lot harder?
- 3 Quick trip to attain frequent flyer status
- 4 Toronto to Europe - Open Jaw Prices
- 5 Can a person buy two seats on the same flight for just
- 6 Transfer to Vermont from JFK
- 7 Combining star alliance tickets if purchased separately.
- 8 how to use rewards for upgrades
- 9 Lufthansa luggage limitations
- 10 Tramadol
- 11 easyJet westard-ho
- 12 Help with JFK to VTE flights
- 13 Transiting through FRA
- 14 Best time to book internationsl flights on United, using FF miles
- 15 Why is Malaysian air SO HIGH!!
- 16 Air Berlin Going Out of Business
- 17 question about changing terminals
- 18 Customs/Baggage Claim in Athens Greece Question
- 19 Group Travel on Southwest
- 20 delta arrival virgin atlantic departure at Atlanta
- 21 BA short turnaround time
- 22 Changng a Delta Code Share with KLM
- 23 helli
- 24 redress number question
- 25 Excellent Experience on Singapore Airlines Long Haul cattle class
Any idea what this response from Customs and Border Protection means?