I recently traveled to Europe for vacation and on the return trip back to the U.S., was sent for a "secondary inspection." Based on the fact that I already got an entry stamp in my passport and collected my one small suitcase, there was no merit for it - it was obvious the CBP agent was just pissed off that I didn't follow directions (we were being herded like cattle and it was ultra confusing where we were and were not supposed to be going). No one explained why I was there and how long I would be there (over an hour). When my travel companion tried to inquire what was going on, they were told to leave or be arrested. Long story short, I submitted a comment to the Customs and Border Protection, to which I got a reply that was not to my satisfaction. I followed up with another comment, and got the following reply: "A response was sent to the port director's office."
Does anyone have any idea what that means? Does that mean they have now flagged me in the system and I'm in some sort of trouble?!
None of my comments were rude or insulting in any way. It was more of a "this is what happened, and I feel betrayed by the system and wish you would treat travelers with more dignity and respect."
Has anyone received a similar response or could shed some light on what this means? I enjoy traveling but now fear return flights to my local international airport!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 http://crackedmuscles.com/patriot-power-greens/
- 2 Connecting through Pearson (Europe-USA) on 2 tickets
- 3 BA strike through August! Should I book alternate flights?
- 4 Air Berlin flight rebooking fiasco
- 5 AC Montreal-FCO: scheduling train to Florence
- 6 American Airlines to SAS
- 7 Suggestion for travel agent just to book flights?
- 8 Solo trip to Spain ..then on to London on own???
- 9 Best time to buy tix on Southwest
- 10 2017 World's Top 100 Airlines Identified
- 11 JFK-LHR-Athens. How much time is needed at Heathrow?
- 12 procedure to get tourist visa to austria for Indian
- 13 How Many Stamps in Your Passport?
- 14 Long flight tips and entertainment
- 15 Separate tickets with only carry ons -- do I have to go through customs?
- 16 Norwegian Airlines in Chicago
- 17 How much time do I need to switch planes in CDG
- 18 UA Mileage FF Changes
- 19 Travel with iPad on International Flight
- 20 Is 8 months too early to buy and international plane ticket?
- 21 Is it necessary to book a longer layover for this?
- 22 Traveling to US through Madrid
- 23 El Salvador plane change
- 24 Is it worth looking into a travel agent for booking flights?
- 25 Cheaper to buy plane ticket in Canada instead of US?
Any idea what this response from Customs and Border Protection means?