I recently traveled to Europe for vacation and on the return trip back to the U.S., was sent for a "secondary inspection." Based on the fact that I already got an entry stamp in my passport and collected my one small suitcase, there was no merit for it - it was obvious the CBP agent was just pissed off that I didn't follow directions (we were being herded like cattle and it was ultra confusing where we were and were not supposed to be going). No one explained why I was there and how long I would be there (over an hour). When my travel companion tried to inquire what was going on, they were told to leave or be arrested. Long story short, I submitted a comment to the Customs and Border Protection, to which I got a reply that was not to my satisfaction. I followed up with another comment, and got the following reply: "A response was sent to the port director's office."
Does anyone have any idea what that means? Does that mean they have now flagged me in the system and I'm in some sort of trouble?!
None of my comments were rude or insulting in any way. It was more of a "this is what happened, and I feel betrayed by the system and wish you would treat travelers with more dignity and respect."
Has anyone received a similar response or could shed some light on what this means? I enjoy traveling but now fear return flights to my local international airport!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 "Bait and Switch" and KLM
- 2 http://nuvieskincareserum.com/nitric-surge/
- 3 http://maximizedmuscleideas.com/face-replen/
- 4 International flights to Uganda
- 5 Laguardia hassle?
- 6 Last minute required change cost us $4,000
- 7 U.S Passport Photos-- Okay to Smile?
- 8 Consolidators for Biz Class Seats
- 9 Aiports in Paris
- 10 Questions about reclaiming FF miles
- 11 Transfer between Terminal 4 and Terminal 5 at LHR
- 12 Same ticket, Rome to JFK via Alitalia then Delta, baggage?
- 13 Website to indicate number of seats sold?
- 14 Parking at JFK
- 15 Help with Delta terminal in Atlanta
- 16 Sky Airlines - buying tickets from USA over internet!
- 17 Justfly.com
- 18 Can I clear customs and make my connections at YYZ and BOS?
- 19 Flying Tokyo-YYZ in economy- direct or break it up in YVR?
- 20 Flying from Tokyo (NRT or HND) to San Francisco (SFO or SJC). Options?
- 21 Is Bravofly A Scam?
- 22 Getting wedding clothes from here to there
- 23 Transit Visa in Heathrow Terminal 5
- 24 Frankfurt connections Lufthansa to United
- 25 Frustrated w/ 1 qt bag limit
Any idea what this response from Customs and Border Protection means?