I recently traveled to Europe for vacation and on the return trip back to the U.S., was sent for a "secondary inspection." Based on the fact that I already got an entry stamp in my passport and collected my one small suitcase, there was no merit for it - it was obvious the CBP agent was just pissed off that I didn't follow directions (we were being herded like cattle and it was ultra confusing where we were and were not supposed to be going). No one explained why I was there and how long I would be there (over an hour). When my travel companion tried to inquire what was going on, they were told to leave or be arrested. Long story short, I submitted a comment to the Customs and Border Protection, to which I got a reply that was not to my satisfaction. I followed up with another comment, and got the following reply: "A response was sent to the port director's office."
Does anyone have any idea what that means? Does that mean they have now flagged me in the system and I'm in some sort of trouble?!
None of my comments were rude or insulting in any way. It was more of a "this is what happened, and I feel betrayed by the system and wish you would treat travelers with more dignity and respect."
Has anyone received a similar response or could shed some light on what this means? I enjoy traveling but now fear return flights to my local international airport!
Recent ActivityView all Air Travel activity »
- 1 http://reviverxtry.com/profollix/
- 2 Getting Global entry interview appointment
- 3 Complimentary upgrades on Delta with companion
- 4 More cheap transatlantic flights coming
- 5 What should I know about flying Southwest?
- 6 IAD connection time of 1 hour 5 minutes for flight to Copenhagen.
- 7 Do you get miles with upgraded Econ. fare
- 8 UA New (?) Economy Class Fare
- 9 Ideas for stop over from MAUI to BOS
- 10 Wedding + Honeymoon (Toronto / Sao Paulo / Male)
- 11 Documents for E-tickets?
- 12 Qantas A380 vs 744 in economy
- 13 Miami Airport-clearing customs question
- 14 Enough time
- 15 Flight Review – Vancouver to Hong Kong – Air Canada – Business Class
- 16 American Airines - Bad plane going; No plane coming back
- 17 Fare searches with flexible dates.
- 18 BA economy premiun seats
- 19 BA not to fly to serve anymore.
- 20 JFK Time Between Terminals?
- 21 British Airways headphones/earbuds
- 22 Book inter-Europe as part of open-jaw?
- 23 Which site to use (or not) to book airfare
- 24 Voice calls during flights?
- 25 Flying through Istanbul onto Montenego-Safety?
Any idea what this response from Customs and Border Protection means?