We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 2 Insect Repellent
- 3 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 4 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 5 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 6 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 7 Tiberias with kids
- 8 Lion World
- 9 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 10 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 11 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 12 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 13 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 14 Mpumalanga visit
- 15 safe areas to go on safari
- 16 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 17 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 18 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 19 Victoria Falls
- 20 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA
- 21 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 22 2015: South Africa for a fortnight
- 23 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 24 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 25 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?