We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Which Lodge for Safari in Thornybush Private Reserve?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 2 Camel Trekking Tours
- 3 Morocco Tours
- 4 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 5 Help with Rwanda trip
- 6 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 7 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 8 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 9 Tel Aviv beaches
- 10 Memory cards for camera
- 11 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 12 trip report, morocco
- 13 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 14 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 15 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 16 Morocco for 2 nights
- 17 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 18 Sabi Sands camps
- 19 Hotels in Nairobi
- 20 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 21 Rwanda trip report
- 22 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 23 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 24 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 25 israel and petra