We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Which Lodge for Safari in Thornybush Private Reserve?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Wondering about airfare for 2016 Kenya safari
- 2 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 3 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 4 Seychelles, Mauritius and South Africa Trip Report
- 5 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 6 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 7 Morocco Trip Report
- 8 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 9 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 10 Car Rentals in Israel
- 11 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 12 PORT SAID/CAIRO - 1 DAY off cruise ship
- 13 Travelling with my elderly Mum to Jordan, Israel and PA
- 14 Hotel- 1 night in Doha
- 15 Americans in Iran - an amazing 1-month trip
- 16 Johannesburg...?
- 17 5 nights in Cape Town - 5 restaurants
- 18 How much time for Egyptian Museum of Antiquity
- 19 Recent Travel to Burkina Faso
- 20 Islands to spend holidays
- 21 Tanzania Itinerary Advice
- 22 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 23 Safari buddies - late August
- 24 Suggestions for a week in Dubai
- 25 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan