We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Which Lodge for Safari in Thornybush Private Reserve?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 2 New exit tax when departing Tunisia
- 3 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 4 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 5 Durban / Hluhluwe / Ponta Mamoli (Mozambique) / Mkuze Falls Itinerary
- 6 Eight days in Israel--What did I miss?
- 7 Cairo Hotels and Safety
- 8 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 9 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 10 Eilat to Petra
- 11 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 12 DAY TRIP FROM AGADIR
- 13 Private driver for one day from Agadir?
- 14 Cape Town Trip
- 15 Safaga activités
- 16 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 17 12 hours layover in Cairo
- 18 Jordan vacation
- 19 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 20 Tipping for a hot air balloon safari?
- 21 Morocco Imperial Cities & Sahara Desert - Any recommended itinerary ?
- 22 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 23 Serengeti self-drive camping trip
- 24 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 25 Egypt with Zahi Hawass