We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Which Lodge for Safari in Thornybush Private Reserve?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Where to spend extra night; Merzouga or Skoura?
- 2 3-week tour at Egypt
- 3 Gate1 discovery tours to Israel
- 4 Advice For Morocco Desert Tours and camel trekking For 4 Night
- 5 Morocco Advice
- 6 Beirut
- 7 Travel Agent in DC: Seeking Reviews
- 8 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 9 Need advice on which camera lenses for safari
- 10 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 11 Mashatu, Kgalagadi to Caprivi and a Moremi mobile with Masson Safaris
- 12 5/6 day trip in Morocco. Tips for itinerary and mode of travel
- 13 Good travel company to book an 8 day trip to Egypt
- 14 Guide for Serengeti Wildebeest Migration Jan 2015
- 15 I'm going on safari for free!
- 16 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 17 tanzania serengeti northern circuit self drive
- 18 Staying overnight at Nairobi Airport as solo female traveler?
- 19 Dubai first time
- 20 Private guide, non-self drive Namibia with Wild Dog Safaris in June
- 21 Overland from the Cape to the Serengeti
- 22 Observation - Possible Limited Space During Peak Season
- 23 South Africa's Eight UNESCO Sites
- 24 2015 Family Safari Tanzania Questions
- 25 5 day Seychelles trip in December