We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Which Lodge for Safari in Thornybush Private Reserve?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 2 Tel Aviv beaches
- 3 Memory cards for camera
- 4 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 5 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 6 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 7 israel and petra
- 8 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 9 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 10 Israel and Petra
- 11 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 12 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 13 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 14 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 15 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 16 Morocco for 2 nights
- 17 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 18 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 19 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 20 Tanzania Safari
- 21 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 22 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 23 Magnificant Morocco
- 24 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 25 Hotels in Nairobi