We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Which Lodge for Safari in Thornybush Private Reserve?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 2 looking for nice boutique hotel in tel aviv
- 3 Migration in Serengeti July/August
- 4 Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania
- 5 Garden Route PE to Cape Town
- 6 Safari on a budget!
- 7 Tips for Israel
- 8 Please help me choose which Tanzania safari!
- 9 al-fayoum oasis in 1/2 day
- 10 Egypt: Suggestions for what to do afternoon around Giza
- 11 Great Tanzania trip in the off season
- 12 Road To Morocco Tours
- 13 Kasbahs, camels, and couscous - 12 days in Morocco
- 14 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 15 Transfers to and from the Ben gurion airport TLV
- 16 Ideas for solo (female) relaxing trip next month
- 17 Best time to visit Zanzibar?
- 18 Tanzania - private guide with vehicle
- 19 Rwanda
- 20 Egypt safe travel
- 21 Any suggestions or feedback for our honeymoon?
- 22 Zambia Impressions
- 23 One night camping in the desert in Morocco?
- 24 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 25 Dubai trip