We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Which Lodge for Safari in Thornybush Private Reserve?
- 1 My trip to Egypt .....
- 2 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 3 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 4 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 5 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 6 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 7 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 8 Clothes in Uganda
- 9 Visit Gorilas in Uganda
- 10 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 11 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 12 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 13 Homestay Accomodation
- 14 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 15 Selous game reserve
- 16 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 17 Safari and Beach in June
- 18 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 19 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2
- 20 Group Trip to Israel
- 21 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 22 south african safari in Nov/Dec
- 23 Predator Safari Njema with the KiliWarriors!
- 24 Crossing from Israel to Jordan: Need advice and encouragement. And Advice.
- 25 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal