We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Wildebeest migration itinerary
- 2 6 DAYS MIGRATION CLASSIC SAFARIS -TANZANIA
- 3 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 4 One month in Africa
- 5 recomendation on African Safari company
- 6 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 7 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 8 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 9 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 10 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 11 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 12 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 13 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 14 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 15 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 16 One extra day in Jordan
- 17 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 18 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 19 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 20 Israel in Late October or November?
- 21 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 22 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 23 Travel to Saudi Arabia
- 24 Snorkeling at Diani Beach
- 25 Madagascar - Books