We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Which Lodge for Safari in Thornybush Private Reserve?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 India
- 2 Questions about Chobe
- 3 Staying out all day vs coming in for lunch in Botswana parks/concessions?
- 4 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 5 Ideas about the trip.
- 6 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 7 3 days in Teheran
- 8 CAMEL TREK IN MOROCCO
- 9 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 10 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 11 Some advice re driving from Durban to Capetown via Umtata
- 12 Oman - moderate priced hotel near souks
- 13 Taxi - Casablanca Airport to El Jdidh
- 14 What camera to use on safari
- 15 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 16 Botswana vs Namibia in May
- 17 Discover Namibia Tours & Safaris - Gemma Dry
- 18 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 19 To go to Israel or not?
- 20 Bidair at JNB
- 21 Saw the Big 5 in one day in the Mara last week!
- 22 Trip report/blog - South Africa honeymoon
- 23 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 24 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 25 Eastern Cape Lodges