We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Marrakech
- 2 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 3 Binocular rentals
- 4 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 5 Dead Sea day trip
- 6 Victoria and Albert Cape Town renovation status
- 7 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 8 Advice please: family SA safari August 2018
- 9 Kenya Visa Requirements/Fake Visa Site
- 10 Wayo Africa (Tanzania) Green Camps
- 11 FODOR'S GUIDE TO CLOTHING FOR SAFARI
- 12 Non Marlaia Africa or Brazil?
- 13 Itinerary Ideas
- 14 South Africa - Guidebook recommendation and other ??
- 15 Travel to Botswana
- 16 Iran travel itinerary -18 days April 2017
- 17 Loldia House Kenya
- 18 Kenya - Plastic Bags
- 19 gamer reserve, lodge, safari camp recommendations
- 20 South Africa visit: Cape Town and Kruger Park
- 21 several short safaris vs one longer one
- 22 How many Days for the Okavango Delta
- 23 Recommendations for busy coastal resorts in the Canaries
- 24 Restaurant in Cape Town
- 25 7 Days Climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.