We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Which Lodge for Safari in Thornybush Private Reserve?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 A Helping Hand in Tofo, Mozambique
- 2 Help with itinerary
- 3 Small group tours in israel
- 4 Boutique hotels in israel
- 5 What to bring as gift from U.S. for Moroccan family?
- 6 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 7 Egypt safe travel
- 8 how can I go to Iran ?
- 9 Chimps, Gorillas and Camels- a Tale of Three Countries
- 10 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 11 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 12 Wildlife camps in Kenya and Tanzania
- 13 5 months in Africa - advice please?
- 14 A month in Africa - how to spend the time
- 15 2/3 Months in South/East Africa - Itinerary help please?
- 16 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 17 Help with Safari in mid range, Stellenbosch,
- 18 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 19 what kind of phone
- 20 Where is the Bisotun ?
- 21 Our hectic trek up Kilimanjaro and animal-filled safari in Tanzania!
- 22 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 23 Iran Info, Please
- 24 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 25 Safari on a budget!