We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco in October 2015
- 2 Planned Itinerary and Questions-Morocco, April 2016
- 3 Remembering Palmyra
- 4 Morocco - 11 nights - comments on itinerary
- 5 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 6 Morocco Trip Report
- 7 Egypt - December 2008 - Trip Report
- 8 First Trip to Africa
- 9 Short (7 days of less) four/five star level family safari
- 10 Naboisho Camp vs. Governor's Camp
- 11 Cote Divoire the heart of Africa
- 12 Dubai Desert Safari - Toddler Friendly?
- 13 African Safari Without Small Planes!
- 14 Anyone have experience with Rothschild Safaris?
- 15 Umkumbe or Toro Yaka?
- 16 What a great idea!! Make a difference.
- 17 From Downtown Cairo to 10th ramdan city
- 18 Transit visa
- 19 Local Tanzania companies
- 20 Driver from Skukuza Airport to Sabi Sands
- 21 Need itineary planning help
- 22 Israel for 60 year olds
- 23 Dubai Trip Idea
- 24 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 25 Tanzania trip Advice