We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Which Lodge for Safari in Thornybush Private Reserve?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 2 Cape Town Safety?
- 3 first time family safari in August 2014
- 4 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 5 Memory cards for camera
- 6 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 7 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 8 Sabi Sands camps
- 9 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 10 London to Tel aviv What to expect at BG /Trans to Tel aviv / booking.com
- 11 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 12 Help with Rwanda trip
- 13 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 14 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 15 Tel Aviv beaches
- 16 trip report, morocco
- 17 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 18 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 19 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 20 Morocco for 2 nights
- 21 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 22 Hotels in Nairobi
- 23 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 24 Rwanda trip report
- 25 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)