We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Which Lodge for Safari in Thornybush Private Reserve?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 2 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 3 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 4 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 5 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 6 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 7 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 8 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 9 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 10 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 11 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 12 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 13 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 14 Uganda Travel Planning
- 15 Israel and Jordan
- 16 Green Season Safari Questions
- 17 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 18 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 19 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 20 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 21 Northern Circuit tour company
- 22 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 23 Oman Trip Report
- 24 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion
- 25 A Look Back