We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Suggestions Apprciated
- 2 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 3 Giraffe in Kruger national park
- 4 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 5 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 6 help with itinerary please
- 7 South African tour operators
- 8 First time safari question
- 9 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 10 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 11 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 12 Never use Travelust Safaris!
- 13 Swala Safaris
- 14 Safety at Sharm el sheikh and St Catherine's
- 15 Dubai
- 16 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 17 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 18 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 19 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 20 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 21 Etosha help
- 22 &Beyond vs. Wilderness Groups
- 23 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 24 private game reserve-kruger
- 25 Abu Dhabi and the Rest?