We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safari In June
- 2 Has anyone shipped goods to Kenya?
- 3 Barcelona & Morocco (Oct 2017)
- 4 Egypt Trip Planning
- 5 Hiring Grand Taxi
- 6 Trip Report : Jordan and United Arab Emirates
- 7 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 8 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 9 Business trip to Israel
- 10 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 11 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 12 honeymoon place
- 13 Suggestions needed for 5 days in Tunisia
- 14 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 15 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 16 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 17 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 18 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 19 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 20 Yom Hazikaron
- 21 Yom Haatzmaut
- 22 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 23 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 24 recomendation on African Safari company
- 25 Comparing a few cities in Morocco