We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Lion World
- 2 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 3 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 4 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 5 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 6 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 7 Mpumalanga visit
- 8 safe areas to go on safari
- 9 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 10 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 11 Okavango and Kalahari in December
- 12 Victoria Falls
- 13 WOMEN DRIVING IN SA
- 14 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 15 2015: South Africa for a fortnight
- 16 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 17 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 18 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 19 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 20 Migration in Tanzania/Kenya - September
- 21 Trip to Kenya - Nov 26-Dec 9
- 22 Kruger park
- 23 Casablanca arrival -alternative first night stay
- 24 Have itinerary -- need an agency
- 25 Malaria medications Africa