We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 the first-rate methods to lose
- 2 How to book a hotel in qazvin and alamut
- 3 Private Guide for Cairo
- 4 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 5 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 6 Texting from US to Israel
- 7 Itinerary Ideas
- 8 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 9 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 10 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 11 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 12 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 13 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 14 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 15 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 16 Passport pages stuck together
- 17 Self drive tour south africa
- 18 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 19 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 20 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 21 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?
- 22 Duba activities - help deciding
- 23 Eilat
- 24 recommendations for AI islands
- 25 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions