We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Which Lodge for Safari in Thornybush Private Reserve?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 2 Central African Republic: Open for Tourists Again
- 3 Morocco Sahara Desert Tour Experience
- 4 LION WORLD TRAVEL
- 5 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 6 Nairobi airport - any updates?
- 7 Boutique hotels in israel
- 8 Tanzania Self Drive June 2015
- 9 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 10 Rip-off Warning: Duty Free Shop in Dar es Salaam
- 11 Short layover at JNB
- 12 Winelands, South Africa - Need a Plan
- 13 Angata Ngorongoro v Rhino Ldg/Angata Bolongoja v Tingitana Nrth Serengeti
- 14 A family safari in Tanzania
- 15 Uganda or Rwanda?
- 16 Just Back: Taming Kilimanjaro and northern Tanzania
- 17 Driving from Casablanca to Marrakesh?
- 18 Soweto guide and pricing to expect?
- 19 8 nights in Dubai...need advice regarding Dubai/Petra combo.
- 20 Safari in Tanzania with Zinga African Safaris
- 21 Any Experience with Africa Tours?
- 22 Tanzania Safari Itinerary Help Please?!!...Or Book When I Get There?
- 23 Uganda/Rwanda Gorilla Trekking
- 24 Israel and Petra
- 25 Tanzania Safari 7 or 8 night itinerary recommendations