We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Is the migration early this year
- 2 Roar Africa reviews
- 3 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 4 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 5 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)
- 6 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 7 Magnificant Morocco
- 8 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 9 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 10 Need help with Israel Itinerary
- 11 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 12 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 13 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 14 Pulse Africa???
- 15 Please help! Sabi Sands or Hluhluwe-imfolozi
- 16 Safari luggage
- 17 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 18 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 19 Morocco Trip Report
- 20 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 21 Car Rentals in Israel
- 22 Walia Tours?
- 23 Kruger
- 24 Recommendaton for Transfer Company
- 25 Cape Town Itinerary