We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Brand new Samsung galaxy s7 edge
- 2 OR Tambo to Arathusa: Fly or Drive
- 3 Botswana - Mobile Safari Operator Recommendations?
- 4 Luggage restrictions-Kenya? Diani Beach?
- 5 Kruger/sabi sands reserve Vs. Botswana
- 6 Morocco over Christmas
- 7 Has anyone been to Zanzibar and got tips?
- 8 Uganda, Rwanda, and Zanzibar-Brief Trip Report
- 9 2 Months in Ethiopia - My Experience
- 10 Cape Town + safari itinerary
- 11 Namibia.It has suddenly dawned on me.
- 12 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 13 Itinerary Feedback: Kruger, Chobe, Victoria Falls, & Maasai Mara
- 14 DOHA LAYOVER
- 15 Morocco Questions
- 16 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 17 Botswana safari recs
- 18 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 19 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 20 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 21 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 22 Botswana in January
- 23 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 24 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 25 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai