We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Which Lodge for Safari in Thornybush Private Reserve?
- 1 Help! First African safari!!!
- 2 Cape town and Kruger National Park in November
- 3 Choosing between Ethiopia or Togo-Ghana for backpacking trip!
- 4 Safari and Beach in June
- 5 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 6 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 7 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 8 Interested In Visiting Tanzania For An Adventure? Join Me!
- 9 Safari Cost Comparison
- 10 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 11 My trip to Merzouga (Erg Chebbi) with Sahara Desert Crew ;
- 12 Ghana trip report - independently using public transport
- 13 Any advice for travelling to Ghana, Ivory Coast and the Gambia?
- 14 Cheap flights for Ghana
- 15 My trip to Egypt .....
- 16 dubai for 5 days
- 17 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 18 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 19 Dubai Airport to cruise terminal
- 20 Bugs n' Botswana
- 21 Group Trip to Israel
- 22 My Trip to Palestine
- 23 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 24 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 25 Being a tourist in Dubai