We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 ATM DUMPS PIN TRACK 1/2 CC CVV TRANSFER WESTERN UNION
- 2 Tanzania - first trip - many questions.
- 3 Rental Car Rabat Airport
- 4 14-16 day visit to South Africa
- 5 experiences with African travel Resource
- 6 name issue
- 7 3 days in Jo'Burg
- 8 Madagascar suggestions
- 9 Travelling to Atlas mountains
- 10 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 11 First time in Southafrica - Suggested itinerary
- 12 Seven day solo trip to Morocco
- 13 East Africa Travel Visa - Starting in Kenya
- 14 4 weeks in South Africa ideas
- 15 only private conservancies or can i add in a national park
- 16 Single traveler
- 17 Should I visit Vamizi Island again?
- 18 Liquids Restrictions - South Africa to Zimbabwe
- 19 Morocco & Spain with Kidos!
- 20 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 21 My Magical Southern African Photography Safari: A Trip Report
- 22 morocco help please
- 23 3 adults in Dubai need a good hotel to share with privacy!
- 24 Botswana - Oct vs June
- 25 Zambia + Namibia trip -completely unrealistic?