We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 2 Has anyone shipped goods to Kenya?
- 3 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 4 Why no mention of the beautuful lion...
- 5 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 6 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 7 Israel itinerary
- 8 Connection Time from the US to CPT from JNB?
- 9 Wondering how much US Dollars to change to Kenyan Shillings?
- 10 Safari photography help
- 11 20 days, Family who loves Adventure, over the Holidays
- 12 Travel within Africa
- 13 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 14 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 15 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 16 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 17 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 18 Tanzania trip Advice
- 19 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 20 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 21 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 22 el gouna or soma bay????
- 23 Morocco - Chefchaouen, Ait Benhaddou
- 24 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra
- 25 Malawi with kiddos