We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 2 Botswana safari recs
- 3 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 4 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 5 Morocco Questions
- 6 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 7 Botswana in January
- 8 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 9 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 10 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 11 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 12 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 13 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 14 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 15 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 16 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 17 2 days i n JO'burg
- 18 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 19 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 20 Jnb to Vic Falls cheap
- 21 Zambia HELP!
- 22 Israel in January
- 23 Morocco touring from Agadir
- 24 Imilchil marriage festival 2016 in Morocco
- 25 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience