We have the opportunity to go on a last minute trip to South Africa next month and are trying to decide which lodge to choose for the safari portion of the trip. We are a married couple in our 30s and will be staying for 3 nights. We like nice accommodations but don't need luxury although that would be nice. Not sure if this will be a factor, but we do not eat pork. I am trying to decide between Thornybush Game Lodge, Shumbalala Game Lodge, Jackalberry and Chapungu. Does anyone have any experiences at any of these? How is Chapungu since it is a tent camp? Is it as "roughing it" as I imagine?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Luggage protection for Joburg?
- 2 South African Cities
- 3 Travelling during Purim or not?
- 4 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 5 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 6 Planning my last day in Morocco
- 7 First time safari advice and awkward question
- 8 Souvenirs from South Africa
- 9 Stanleys Camp Luggage
- 10 where to go in africa
- 11 Help with Flight Option: CMN or RAK
- 12 Beware: Ewamanns Safaris is a scam!
- 13 Ethiopian Holidays You Should Not Miss
- 14 Best Wineries - 2-3 days in Franschhoek and Stellenbosch
- 15 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 16 First Time Safari Help...Use a tour or not?
- 17 Help with bags
- 18 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 19 4 DAYS IN MOROCCO- AGADIR OR ESSAOUIRA??
- 20 MOROCCO FOR 10 DAYS
- 21 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 22 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 23 Israeli Tour Guides
- 24 Shopping in Morocco
- 25 Need 2-3 others to join Serengeti safari January 9-15, 2017