I know this question's probably been asked x/1k, but where should we stay near the market? (the Medina?) We'd like something romantic and exotic and "Moroccan" if there is such a thing. Don't want a western-style hotel. I've read a lot about Noir d'Ivoire (a riad) but it looks so small and it's kinda pricey. I like the looks of Jardins du Koutoubia (larger hotel but it still looks very "Moroccan") and it looks like it's steps away from the Medina. It's not that highly-rated but that doesn't always mean anything. Any opinions? Also: riad vs. hotel? Any OTHER hotels I should be looking at?
Where to stay near market (Medina?) in Marrakech, Morocco
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 MOROCCO CAMEL TREKKING
- 2 Buy links
- 3 Info for those considering gorilla trekking in Rwanda
- 4 South Africa in February?
- 5 Car Rentals in Israel
- 6 Dubai for New Years Eve - Fireworks, Itinerary
- 7 KwaZulu Natal and Kruger - sort of a Trip Report
- 8 Who to Choose? Africa Serendipity, Rothschild Safari or ATR?
- 9 Morocco to portugal
- 10 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 11 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 12 Uganda or Rwanda 2015
- 13 Independence Day in Israel
- 14 Trip Insurance - a must?
- 15 Drinking on safari
- 16 Fodor's 100 Hotel Award Winners
- 17 Travelust
- 18 Okavango Delta - how to see it without breaking the bank?
- 19 Shots for Morocco
- 20 South Africa - travel from Bloemfontein via Karoo to Stellenbosch
- 21 South Africa - Cape wine lands - Suggestions organized wine tasting tour
- 22 Southern Africa trip - 5 weeks April / May 2015 starting in KZN
- 23 SOUTH AFRICA WESTERN CAPE TRIP REPORT: SEPT/OCT 2013
- 24 To Egypt in February - Need some advice
- 25 Thinking about The Gambia