This is going to be my first trip to South Africa/Botswana and my first Safari. I travel a lot and have taken wonderful photos without really having taken any formal photography course. However, heading into the Safari, I feel I should invest in a new camera. What should I really look for when making this big purchase. Give me your favorite camera's and instructions. Thanks much.
What type of Camera/Equipment to take on an African Safari?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 2 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 3 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 4 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 5 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 6 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 7 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 8 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 9 Charity begins at Home!
- 10 Sun Safaris
- 11 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 12 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 13 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 14 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 15 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 17 Tour to Morocco
- 18 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 19 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 20 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 21 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 22 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 23 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 24 Uganda again
- 25 November at victoria falls