I was just in Dubai and as most I was mesmerized by the amazing skyscrapers, the huge malls, the fancy cars, all the gold in the old souk etc. But it seems like there is a dark side to all of this and I found this interesting article about it: http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/the-dark-side-of-dubai-1664368.html . It is a very long article but it is very interesting and it looks into the work conditions in Dubai for e.g. construction workers, polluted water in the tourist hotel areas etc.
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 2 Israel Transportation
- 3 Morocco help
- 4 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 5 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 6 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 7 IRAN
- 8 First trip to Africa
- 9 Money in Uganda
- 10 Uganda Visa
- 11 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 12 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 13 Private Guide for Cairo
- 14 Egypt - Need Help!
- 15 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 16 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 17 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 18 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 19 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 20 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 21 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 22 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 23 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 24 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 25 "Salute Africa" travel agency