I was just in Dubai and as most I was mesmerized by the amazing skyscrapers, the huge malls, the fancy cars, all the gold in the old souk etc. But it seems like there is a dark side to all of this and I found this interesting article about it: http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/the-dark-side-of-dubai-1664368.html . It is a very long article but it is very interesting and it looks into the work conditions in Dubai for e.g. construction workers, polluted water in the tourist hotel areas etc.
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 (USA) Te*ch SUPP0RT SKYPE CONTACT 1:8OO:54O:683O SKYPE Reset Password
- 2 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 3 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 4 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 5 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 6 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 7 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 8 Medical Precautions for Zambia
- 9 Safari suggestions
- 10 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 11 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 12 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 13 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 14 Passport question for International flight
- 15 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 16 Tour operator near me
- 17 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 18 Sim card mainly for data
- 19 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 20 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?
- 21 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 22 Morocco Itinerary: Too fast?
- 23 If you are looking for a guide in Morocco
- 24 9D8N Morocco Itinerary
- 25 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania