I was just in Dubai and as most I was mesmerized by the amazing skyscrapers, the huge malls, the fancy cars, all the gold in the old souk etc. But it seems like there is a dark side to all of this and I found this interesting article about it: http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/johann-hari/the-dark-side-of-dubai-1664368.html . It is a very long article but it is very interesting and it looks into the work conditions in Dubai for e.g. construction workers, polluted water in the tourist hotel areas etc.
http://gardkarlsen.com - trip reports and pictures
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://supplementlab.org/alpha-monster-advanced/
- 2 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 3 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 4 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 5 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 6 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 7 israel tour
- 8 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 9 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 10 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 11 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 12 Luxury train ride
- 13 Safety in Fes
- 14 Petra from Israel
- 15 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 16 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 17 Sim card mainly for data
- 18 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 19 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 20 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 21 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
- 22 Cape Town
- 23 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 24 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 25 Travel to Cairo in July