I will eventually be taking a trip to Africa. I am not exactly sure when at this point, but I have been considering it for a while. There are so many options it makes my head spin. I am fairly set on Tanzania though.
Firstly. When I do things I like to do them properly, but sometimes this is to a fault as I go overboard. I really want to experience everything the country has to offer in one trip, but don't know if this is possible without going broke... I am not one for, nor can I afford luxury lodges at this point. I am thinking that a mobile tented safari would be most cost effective... Thoughts?
I want to experience the North for the migration with 1 day at Ngorongoro, as well as the southern parks which I hear are hidden gems. Selous, Ruaha, Katavi. Is going to all 3 worth it/possible? Thoughts? Best ones?
Thirdly, a couple days at Mhale for chimps would be amazing and then after all of that, if any money is left, Uganda or Rwanda for Gorillas, just to finish it off.
If this is an absolutely ridiculous amount, bring me back down to earth. How many days should I be looking at here to actually experience each place, and what do you think it would cost excluding international flights?
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Flooding at Ngamba Island
- 2 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 3 Insect Repellent
- 4 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 5 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 6 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 7 Help Us With Our Trip to Morocco
- 8 house exchange
- 9 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 10 casablanca airport taxis
- 11 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 12 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 13 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 14 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 15 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 16 Tiberias with kids
- 17 Lion World
- 18 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 19 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 20 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 21 Mpumalanga visit
- 22 safe areas to go on safari
- 23 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 24 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 25 Okavango and Kalahari in December