I will eventually be taking a trip to Africa. I am not exactly sure when at this point, but I have been considering it for a while. There are so many options it makes my head spin. I am fairly set on Tanzania though.
Firstly. When I do things I like to do them properly, but sometimes this is to a fault as I go overboard. I really want to experience everything the country has to offer in one trip, but don't know if this is possible without going broke... I am not one for, nor can I afford luxury lodges at this point. I am thinking that a mobile tented safari would be most cost effective... Thoughts?
I want to experience the North for the migration with 1 day at Ngorongoro, as well as the southern parks which I hear are hidden gems. Selous, Ruaha, Katavi. Is going to all 3 worth it/possible? Thoughts? Best ones?
Thirdly, a couple days at Mhale for chimps would be amazing and then after all of that, if any money is left, Uganda or Rwanda for Gorillas, just to finish it off.
If this is an absolutely ridiculous amount, bring me back down to earth. How many days should I be looking at here to actually experience each place, and what do you think it would cost excluding international flights?
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Hotel suggestions in Cape Town
- 2 Tangier (Tanger) Ville railway station
- 3 Road To Morocco Tours
- 4 Magnificant Morocco
- 5 Burj Khalifa, pre-book or not?
- 6 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 7 ISRAEL on SATURDAY - Transport
- 8 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 9 Africa Film Festival
- 10 Is the migration early this year
- 11 Roar Africa reviews
- 12 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 13 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)
- 14 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 15 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 16 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 17 Need help with Israel Itinerary
- 18 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 19 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 20 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 21 Pulse Africa???
- 22 Please help! Sabi Sands or Hluhluwe-imfolozi
- 23 Safari luggage
- 24 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 25 Morocco Trip Report