I will eventually be taking a trip to Africa. I am not exactly sure when at this point, but I have been considering it for a while. There are so many options it makes my head spin. I am fairly set on Tanzania though.
Firstly. When I do things I like to do them properly, but sometimes this is to a fault as I go overboard. I really want to experience everything the country has to offer in one trip, but don't know if this is possible without going broke... I am not one for, nor can I afford luxury lodges at this point. I am thinking that a mobile tented safari would be most cost effective... Thoughts?
I want to experience the North for the migration with 1 day at Ngorongoro, as well as the southern parks which I hear are hidden gems. Selous, Ruaha, Katavi. Is going to all 3 worth it/possible? Thoughts? Best ones?
Thirdly, a couple days at Mhale for chimps would be amazing and then after all of that, if any money is left, Uganda or Rwanda for Gorillas, just to finish it off.
If this is an absolutely ridiculous amount, bring me back down to earth. How many days should I be looking at here to actually experience each place, and what do you think it would cost excluding international flights?
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Beautiful sight of the sunshire
- 2 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 3 aggregate the abandoned a lot of Buy Wildstar Gold
- 4 Can anyone rival Micato Safaris?
- 5 Has anyone shipped goods to Kenya?
- 6 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 7 Why no mention of the beautuful lion...
- 8 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 9 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 10 Israel itinerary
- 11 Connection Time from the US to CPT from JNB?
- 12 Wondering how much US Dollars to change to Kenyan Shillings?
- 13 Safari photography help
- 14 20 days, Family who loves Adventure, over the Holidays
- 15 Travel within Africa
- 16 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 17 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 18 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 19 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 20 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 21 Tanzania trip Advice
- 22 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 23 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 24 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 25 el gouna or soma bay????