I will eventually be taking a trip to Africa. I am not exactly sure when at this point, but I have been considering it for a while. There are so many options it makes my head spin. I am fairly set on Tanzania though.
Firstly. When I do things I like to do them properly, but sometimes this is to a fault as I go overboard. I really want to experience everything the country has to offer in one trip, but don't know if this is possible without going broke... I am not one for, nor can I afford luxury lodges at this point. I am thinking that a mobile tented safari would be most cost effective... Thoughts?
I want to experience the North for the migration with 1 day at Ngorongoro, as well as the southern parks which I hear are hidden gems. Selous, Ruaha, Katavi. Is going to all 3 worth it/possible? Thoughts? Best ones?
Thirdly, a couple days at Mhale for chimps would be amazing and then after all of that, if any money is left, Uganda or Rwanda for Gorillas, just to finish it off.
If this is an absolutely ridiculous amount, bring me back down to earth. How many days should I be looking at here to actually experience each place, and what do you think it would cost excluding international flights?
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 help with itinerary please
- 2 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 3 A weeks trip to Egypt.couple with a year old babys first birthday!!
- 4 advise on joburg pls!
- 5 Township Tour Guide
- 6 Seeking recommendation: Beach hotel in Netanya
- 7 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 8 Gorilla Trekking Rwanda 3 months Pregnant
- 9 Luggage restrictions
- 10 ISRAEL TRIP
- 11 Transportation from Casablanca to Rabat
- 12 South Africa Honeymoon: Sabi Sands Reserve Lodge Recommendation
- 13 Advice on Cape Town in July
- 14 2 Expeditions To The The Danakil Depression - My Experiences
- 15 15 day tour in Morocco - itinerary advices
- 16 Cape Town + Eastern Cape
- 17 Help with safari itinerary with 9 year old
- 18 Tel Aviv Nightlife for 30+
- 19 Advice on East African trip
- 20 Help plan African Safari
- 21 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 22 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 23 Zimbabwe 4x4 camper
- 24 Dubai first time
- 25 Dubai apartments/hotels