I will eventually be taking a trip to Africa. I am not exactly sure when at this point, but I have been considering it for a while. There are so many options it makes my head spin. I am fairly set on Tanzania though.
Firstly. When I do things I like to do them properly, but sometimes this is to a fault as I go overboard. I really want to experience everything the country has to offer in one trip, but don't know if this is possible without going broke... I am not one for, nor can I afford luxury lodges at this point. I am thinking that a mobile tented safari would be most cost effective... Thoughts?
I want to experience the North for the migration with 1 day at Ngorongoro, as well as the southern parks which I hear are hidden gems. Selous, Ruaha, Katavi. Is going to all 3 worth it/possible? Thoughts? Best ones?
Thirdly, a couple days at Mhale for chimps would be amazing and then after all of that, if any money is left, Uganda or Rwanda for Gorillas, just to finish it off.
If this is an absolutely ridiculous amount, bring me back down to earth. How many days should I be looking at here to actually experience each place, and what do you think it would cost excluding international flights?
Thank you very much.
Tanzania trip: Advice needed!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 2 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 3 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 4 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 5 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 6 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 7 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 8 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 9 Charity begins at Home!
- 10 Sun Safaris
- 11 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 12 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 13 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 14 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 15 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 16 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 17 Tour to Morocco
- 18 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 19 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 20 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 21 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 22 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 23 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 24 Uganda again
- 25 November at victoria falls