I will eventually be taking a trip to Africa. I am not exactly sure when at this point, but I have been considering it for a while. There are so many options it makes my head spin. I am fairly set on Tanzania though.
Firstly. When I do things I like to do them properly, but sometimes this is to a fault as I go overboard. I really want to experience everything the country has to offer in one trip, but don't know if this is possible without going broke... I am not one for, nor can I afford luxury lodges at this point. I am thinking that a mobile tented safari would be most cost effective... Thoughts?
I want to experience the North for the migration with 1 day at Ngorongoro, as well as the southern parks which I hear are hidden gems. Selous, Ruaha, Katavi. Is going to all 3 worth it/possible? Thoughts? Best ones?
Thirdly, a couple days at Mhale for chimps would be amazing and then after all of that, if any money is left, Uganda or Rwanda for Gorillas, just to finish it off.
If this is an absolutely ridiculous amount, bring me back down to earth. How many days should I be looking at here to actually experience each place, and what do you think it would cost excluding international flights?
Thank you very much.
Tanzania trip: Advice needed!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco for 2 nights
- 2 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 3 MOROCCO SOLO
- 4 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 5 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 6 Looking for out of the way places
- 7 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 8 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 9 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 10 Tanzania Safari
- 11 Sabi Sands camps
- 12 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 13 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 14 trip report, morocco
- 15 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 16 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 17 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 18 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 19 East Africa summer 2014
- 20 Cape Town Safety?
- 21 first time family safari in August 2014
- 22 BOTSWANA - Maun (Okavango) to Chobe - 4x4 self drive...
- 23 Memory cards for camera
- 24 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 25 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation