I will eventually be taking a trip to Africa. I am not exactly sure when at this point, but I have been considering it for a while. There are so many options it makes my head spin. I am fairly set on Tanzania though.
Firstly. When I do things I like to do them properly, but sometimes this is to a fault as I go overboard. I really want to experience everything the country has to offer in one trip, but don't know if this is possible without going broke... I am not one for, nor can I afford luxury lodges at this point. I am thinking that a mobile tented safari would be most cost effective... Thoughts?
I want to experience the North for the migration with 1 day at Ngorongoro, as well as the southern parks which I hear are hidden gems. Selous, Ruaha, Katavi. Is going to all 3 worth it/possible? Thoughts? Best ones?
Thirdly, a couple days at Mhale for chimps would be amazing and then after all of that, if any money is left, Uganda or Rwanda for Gorillas, just to finish it off.
If this is an absolutely ridiculous amount, bring me back down to earth. How many days should I be looking at here to actually experience each place, and what do you think it would cost excluding international flights?
Thank you very much.
Tanzania trip: Advice needed!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Overland in West Africa
- 2 Domestic flight to HDS/MQP from JNB??
- 3 Sabi Sand Game Reserve Expert (Skukuza, South Africa)
- 4 boutique hotel in tel aviv?
- 5 Cape Town, Safari + Victoria Falls
- 6 Kenya,Tanzania and Zanzibar Travel Tips
- 7 Morrocco and Cash
- 8 Don't go to Morrocco!
- 9 Car Hire Victoria Mahe Seychelles
- 10 Kenya - July 2014 - Acacia House in Masai Mara area
- 11 Overland trip Iceland to South Africa
- 12 Advice and Suggestions for Southern Africa - April or June / July?
- 13 South Africa trip advices
- 14 Dubai transit with different connecting flights
- 15 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 16 Tour to Morocco
- 17 Rhino conservation in S Africa
- 18 2 days in Nairobi- hotel and guides!
- 19 Erg Chebbi, a Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience!
- 20 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 21 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 22 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 23 Terrorism, Ebola - no more please
- 24 First time in Africa on safari
- 25 South Africa Peer-to-Peer Vehicle Rentals