I will eventually be taking a trip to Africa. I am not exactly sure when at this point, but I have been considering it for a while. There are so many options it makes my head spin. I am fairly set on Tanzania though.
Firstly. When I do things I like to do them properly, but sometimes this is to a fault as I go overboard. I really want to experience everything the country has to offer in one trip, but don't know if this is possible without going broke... I am not one for, nor can I afford luxury lodges at this point. I am thinking that a mobile tented safari would be most cost effective... Thoughts?
I want to experience the North for the migration with 1 day at Ngorongoro, as well as the southern parks which I hear are hidden gems. Selous, Ruaha, Katavi. Is going to all 3 worth it/possible? Thoughts? Best ones?
Thirdly, a couple days at Mhale for chimps would be amazing and then after all of that, if any money is left, Uganda or Rwanda for Gorillas, just to finish it off.
If this is an absolutely ridiculous amount, bring me back down to earth. How many days should I be looking at here to actually experience each place, and what do you think it would cost excluding international flights?
Thank you very much.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://megacleanseradvice.com/break-up-pills/
- 2 Money in Uganda
- 3 Morocco help
- 4 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 5 First trip to Africa
- 6 Uganda Visa
- 7 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 8 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 9 Private Guide for Cairo
- 10 Egypt - Need Help!
- 11 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 12 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 13 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 14 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 15 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 16 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 17 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 18 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 19 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 20 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 21 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 22 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 23 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 24 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 25 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO