I will eventually be taking a trip to Africa. I am not exactly sure when at this point, but I have been considering it for a while. There are so many options it makes my head spin. I am fairly set on Tanzania though.
Firstly. When I do things I like to do them properly, but sometimes this is to a fault as I go overboard. I really want to experience everything the country has to offer in one trip, but don't know if this is possible without going broke... I am not one for, nor can I afford luxury lodges at this point. I am thinking that a mobile tented safari would be most cost effective... Thoughts?
I want to experience the North for the migration with 1 day at Ngorongoro, as well as the southern parks which I hear are hidden gems. Selous, Ruaha, Katavi. Is going to all 3 worth it/possible? Thoughts? Best ones?
Thirdly, a couple days at Mhale for chimps would be amazing and then after all of that, if any money is left, Uganda or Rwanda for Gorillas, just to finish it off.
If this is an absolutely ridiculous amount, bring me back down to earth. How many days should I be looking at here to actually experience each place, and what do you think it would cost excluding international flights?
Thank you very much.
Tanzania trip: Advice needed!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 1 month in southern Africa; how long in J'burg??
- 2 fez accommodation
- 3 Gorilla Trekking with Churchill Safaris
- 4 Iran Info, Please
- 5 Egypt safe travel
- 6 Rwanda for Gorillas....add on Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar?
- 7 Cape Town + Safari and what else?
- 8 How to chose a safari tour company?
- 9 Either Masai Mara or Serengeti in May 2015. Can I enjoy due to rains.
- 10 Timbavati OR Kalahari
- 11 COME TO IRAN ...
- 12 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 13 what kind of phone
- 14 Need help with N TZ itinerary
- 15 Johannesburg...?
- 16 Travel regulations for children visiting South Africa
- 17 Self-drive safari ideas, but not South Africa
- 18 Early Planning for Spring/Summer 2016 - Wild Dogs, Leopards and Cheetahs
- 19 Need to Chose Camp in Botswana ASAP!
- 20 Train or car from Fes to Marrakech- with kids
- 21 Suggestions for a group tour
- 22 Help! Need guidance for safari to Kenya and Tanzania late May
- 23 Itinerary Help-South Africa
- 24 Popular destinations in Africa.
- 25 Good online shop for diplomats located in Dubai