Many of you were very helpful with our planning for Tanzania last year, and finally, a year later, I have posted some images to a public site. Less is more so I only put up about 10%! Take a look if you are so inclined. http://njw.smugmug.com/
There are no captions yet, so in terms of where we were: L Manyara, Grumetti, Tarangire, Ndutu and NC. As for the highlights, i would say the tree climbing lions on our very first day at Lake Manyara pretty much left us slack-jawed right out of the gate. Also, a Greater Kudu calf nursing in Tarangire-where MANY told us we must have been mistaken. (The beauty of digital would end those arguments quickly.) A pride of Lions with 5 cubs at Grumetti - as well as a 3 legged male. (There is an image of a stretching male and if you look very closely the back right leg is missing from the knee down from being caught in a trap outside the park) Cheetahs were a highlight and we saw 8 in all!! Very lucky I guess. Lastly, an absolutely riveting experience watching 20 vultures at a kill and the "social" order that goes along with that. the only thing more remarkable than seeing this was hearing this!
At any rate, thanks to all. We are heading to Phinda and Rattray's in September and hopefully Leopards and Wild Dogs will make an appearance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 2 Tel Aviv beaches
- 3 Memory cards for camera
- 4 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 5 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 6 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 7 israel and petra
- 8 Tentative Israel/Jordan Itinerary...help
- 9 Help with Kruger Park itinerary
- 10 Israel and Petra
- 11 Eilat - Petra and the Dead Sea
- 12 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 13 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 14 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 15 Need Help Organizing our time in Cape Town - 3.5 days in June
- 16 Morocco for 2 nights
- 17 HELP..visiting Oman and Qatar from Dubai
- 18 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 19 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 20 Tanzania Safari
- 21 Trip Report Africa & Dubai
- 22 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 23 Magnificant Morocco
- 24 The 1st of may questions .. when to go???
- 25 Hotels in Nairobi