Many of you were very helpful with our planning for Tanzania last year, and finally, a year later, I have posted some images to a public site. Less is more so I only put up about 10%! Take a look if you are so inclined. http://njw.smugmug.com/
There are no captions yet, so in terms of where we were: L Manyara, Grumetti, Tarangire, Ndutu and NC. As for the highlights, i would say the tree climbing lions on our very first day at Lake Manyara pretty much left us slack-jawed right out of the gate. Also, a Greater Kudu calf nursing in Tarangire-where MANY told us we must have been mistaken. (The beauty of digital would end those arguments quickly.) A pride of Lions with 5 cubs at Grumetti - as well as a 3 legged male. (There is an image of a stretching male and if you look very closely the back right leg is missing from the knee down from being caught in a trap outside the park) Cheetahs were a highlight and we saw 8 in all!! Very lucky I guess. Lastly, an absolutely riveting experience watching 20 vultures at a kill and the "social" order that goes along with that. the only thing more remarkable than seeing this was hearing this!
At any rate, thanks to all. We are heading to Phinda and Rattray's in September and hopefully Leopards and Wild Dogs will make an appearance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Affidavit document for sole parent traveling to SA with child
- 2 http://supplementscloud.com/vitalmax-xt/
- 3 Trip Report: South Africa & Namibia April 28 – May 14
- 4 Help plan African Safari
- 5 Trip Insurance for Africa Trip
- 6 Help planning a first safari on a budget?
- 7 Tipping on Safari
- 8 Cape Town
- 9 Widerness Lodges
- 10 THE PANORAMA ROUTE
- 11 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 12 Cape Town -safety
- 13 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 14 SA itin review
- 15 Botswana safari in late November
- 16 Ferry to Morocco
- 17 Thinking About Africa...Again!
- 18 Dubai (DXB) - New Business Lounges
- 19 Morocco 8 nights Dec trip ideas
- 20 Aug 17 Botswana itinerary help
- 21 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 22 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 23 Do no use Sunrise Eco Tours - Rwanda\Uganda
- 24 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 25 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016