Many of you were very helpful with our planning for Tanzania last year, and finally, a year later, I have posted some images to a public site. Less is more so I only put up about 10%! Take a look if you are so inclined. http://njw.smugmug.com/
There are no captions yet, so in terms of where we were: L Manyara, Grumetti, Tarangire, Ndutu and NC. As for the highlights, i would say the tree climbing lions on our very first day at Lake Manyara pretty much left us slack-jawed right out of the gate. Also, a Greater Kudu calf nursing in Tarangire-where MANY told us we must have been mistaken. (The beauty of digital would end those arguments quickly.) A pride of Lions with 5 cubs at Grumetti - as well as a 3 legged male. (There is an image of a stretching male and if you look very closely the back right leg is missing from the knee down from being caught in a trap outside the park) Cheetahs were a highlight and we saw 8 in all!! Very lucky I guess. Lastly, an absolutely riveting experience watching 20 vultures at a kill and the "social" order that goes along with that. the only thing more remarkable than seeing this was hearing this!
At any rate, thanks to all. We are heading to Phinda and Rattray's in September and hopefully Leopards and Wild Dogs will make an appearance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 2 Cape Town to Port Elizabeth, hidden gems not on the normal tourist path?
- 3 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 4 Advice for 1st tip to Kenya
- 5 honeymoon place
- 6 Hire a driver for a week in Morocco
- 7 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!
- 8 Trip Report : Mauritius and Rodrigues
- 9 First Trip to Africa, first safari...which itinerary should I go with?
- 10 South African Safari Company Recommendations
- 11 Help with Kenya Safari plans.
- 12 Yom Hazikaron
- 13 Yom Haatzmaut
- 14 Morocco April Itinerary 10 days
- 15 May 10-July 10 in Africa
- 16 recomendation on African Safari company
- 17 Comparing a few cities in Morocco
- 18 Tour with friendly planet to SA in October 2016
- 19 One extra day in Jordan
- 20 Burkina Faso travel tips route tourist attractions photo gallery
- 21 Where to stay for a night in Johannesburg?
- 22 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 23 April Budget Safari - Tanzania
- 24 Israel in Late October or November?
- 25 One month in Africa