Many of you were very helpful with our planning for Tanzania last year, and finally, a year later, I have posted some images to a public site. Less is more so I only put up about 10%! Take a look if you are so inclined. http://njw.smugmug.com/
There are no captions yet, so in terms of where we were: L Manyara, Grumetti, Tarangire, Ndutu and NC. As for the highlights, i would say the tree climbing lions on our very first day at Lake Manyara pretty much left us slack-jawed right out of the gate. Also, a Greater Kudu calf nursing in Tarangire-where MANY told us we must have been mistaken. (The beauty of digital would end those arguments quickly.) A pride of Lions with 5 cubs at Grumetti - as well as a 3 legged male. (There is an image of a stretching male and if you look very closely the back right leg is missing from the knee down from being caught in a trap outside the park) Cheetahs were a highlight and we saw 8 in all!! Very lucky I guess. Lastly, an absolutely riveting experience watching 20 vultures at a kill and the "social" order that goes along with that. the only thing more remarkable than seeing this was hearing this!
At any rate, thanks to all. We are heading to Phinda and Rattray's in September and hopefully Leopards and Wild Dogs will make an appearance!
- 1 Our best trip ever - in Morocco
- 2 Tanzania in 2014
- 3 Difference between Air Botswana and South African Air
- 4 Morocco . . . Rough Around the Edges
- 5 Mozambique 1 - 13 June 2013.
- 6 Yellow Fevor innoculation revisited
- 7 Questions re Gorillas in Rwanda and money in both Rwanda and Tanzania
- 8 6 nights in Morocco - how long to spend in marrakech and fes each?
- 9 Driving Aswan to Luxor
- 10 Help! First trip to Africa and overwhelmed!!
- 11 TRIP REPORT: Northern Tanzania with a Birding Twist 2/13
- 12 Cross Egypt Challenge and 4 extra days
- 13 Makoa-Farm Tanzania
- 14 Africa Safari
- 15 Morocco Tour Operators: Morocco Expert Tours
- 16 Wildebeest Mara river crossing started?
- 17 3 Different Ports in Oman: Salalah, Sur and then Khasab
- 18 2 weeks in South Africa with teens
- 19 Budget Safari options in Botswana?
- 20 Morocco - private tour operators
- 21 Experience with Journey Beyond Travel or Sahara Services in Morocco?
- 22 Tanzania Feb 2013 -- my first but not last safari!
- 23 Most Romantic Places in Marrakech or Essaouira?
- 24 Help with Zambia itinerary? Victoria's Fall, South Luwangha NP
- 25 Kruger Park trip