Many of you were very helpful with our planning for Tanzania last year, and finally, a year later, I have posted some images to a public site. Less is more so I only put up about 10%! Take a look if you are so inclined. http://njw.smugmug.com/
There are no captions yet, so in terms of where we were: L Manyara, Grumetti, Tarangire, Ndutu and NC. As for the highlights, i would say the tree climbing lions on our very first day at Lake Manyara pretty much left us slack-jawed right out of the gate. Also, a Greater Kudu calf nursing in Tarangire-where MANY told us we must have been mistaken. (The beauty of digital would end those arguments quickly.) A pride of Lions with 5 cubs at Grumetti - as well as a 3 legged male. (There is an image of a stretching male and if you look very closely the back right leg is missing from the knee down from being caught in a trap outside the park) Cheetahs were a highlight and we saw 8 in all!! Very lucky I guess. Lastly, an absolutely riveting experience watching 20 vultures at a kill and the "social" order that goes along with that. the only thing more remarkable than seeing this was hearing this!
At any rate, thanks to all. We are heading to Phinda and Rattray's in September and hopefully Leopards and Wild Dogs will make an appearance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 2 Trip to Rwanda and Congo (Brazzaville)
- 3 Well traveled...but not in Africa. Need help with itineraries!
- 4 Magnificant Morocco
- 5 Tanzania camping safari itinerary
- 6 Custom Morocco guide recommendations requested
- 7 Need help with Israel Itinerary
- 8 Tanzania & Zanzibar Itinerary
- 9 Anyone stayed at Mosetlha Camp in Madikwe?
- 10 Five Thousand Years in 19 days - Pyramids, Tombs, Camels and a River
- 11 Pulse Africa???
- 12 Please help! Sabi Sands or Hluhluwe-imfolozi
- 13 Safari luggage
- 14 Help needed getting from Tel Aviv Airport to Eilat
- 15 Travelling to Nigeria for the first time
- 16 Morocco Trip Report
- 17 Migration into the Mara early this year
- 18 Car Rentals in Israel
- 19 Walia Tours?
- 20 Moving Around Safari Lodges in Sabi Sands
- 21 Kruger
- 22 Recommendaton for Transfer Company
- 23 Cape Town Itinerary
- 24 Best African safari destination – in addition to Masai Mara Conservancy?
- 25 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?