Many of you were very helpful with our planning for Tanzania last year, and finally, a year later, I have posted some images to a public site. Less is more so I only put up about 10%! Take a look if you are so inclined. http://njw.smugmug.com/
There are no captions yet, so in terms of where we were: L Manyara, Grumetti, Tarangire, Ndutu and NC. As for the highlights, i would say the tree climbing lions on our very first day at Lake Manyara pretty much left us slack-jawed right out of the gate. Also, a Greater Kudu calf nursing in Tarangire-where MANY told us we must have been mistaken. (The beauty of digital would end those arguments quickly.) A pride of Lions with 5 cubs at Grumetti - as well as a 3 legged male. (There is an image of a stretching male and if you look very closely the back right leg is missing from the knee down from being caught in a trap outside the park) Cheetahs were a highlight and we saw 8 in all!! Very lucky I guess. Lastly, an absolutely riveting experience watching 20 vultures at a kill and the "social" order that goes along with that. the only thing more remarkable than seeing this was hearing this!
At any rate, thanks to all. We are heading to Phinda and Rattray's in September and hopefully Leopards and Wild Dogs will make an appearance!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1:888:260:2909 Password Reset CONTACT YAHOO TEC*h 24*7
- 2 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 3 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 4 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 5 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 6 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 7 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 8 Safari in South Africa
- 9 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 10 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 11 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 12 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 13 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 14 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 15 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 16 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 17 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 18 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 19 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 20 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 21 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 22 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators
- 23 Egypt in 6 days itinerary - please advise
- 24 Going to Israel end of October. Maybe silly, but what shoes to bring?
- 25 Advice on private tour Morocco