Well I think my hubby and I have finally settled on the reality of our next trip to Africa being in Feb 2007. After deciding this I thought I had a pretty good idea on what we wanted however when we were talking last night and my hubby was asking lots of questions I realized there are definate voids in our knowledge so I am hoping you folks can help us out. OK we have been to NTanz before but went on a pre set itin that we didn't really have input to. We want to go back to N Tanz but on a private safari. It seems the more I read the more confused I get! I a want to get together an itinerary I can send to at least one Tanz op and maybe to a US op also. So here goes
* realistically how far in advance do we need to be booking for Feb 2007
*it looks like we will have between12-14 nights to devote to safari.
* we are thinking
Tarangire 2 nights
Ngorongoro 1 or 2 nights
Serengeti the remaining nights
* we are thinking the Ndutu area in Serengeti??? Any other location for that time of year we should look at?
*where to stay in Tarangire for good access to park
*what is the story with N Crater for drives are you allowed to do a full day drive or do you have to split it to 2 half days and if so can these be done back to back?
We like camps a lot. Budget?? Good question Not luxury but we are willing to pay for location.
We will be going to Gorillas in Rwanda also.
Sorry for the long post but very much appreciate all your input and if I can supply more info that will be helpful please ask.
Tanzania Help Please!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Help with camera bag/purse needs while traveling on Africa safari
- 2 Neck Wallet or a Money Belt
- 3 Lamu or Zanzibar?
- 4 Israel/Jordan -- other trip options to bypass Israel?
- 5 FOREX Nairobi airport
- 6 To go to Israel or not?
- 7 Best Month for Experiencing The Great Migration
- 8 Dubai > Oman?
- 9 Dubai > Seychelles hop
- 10 Botswana Green Season 2014/15 Camp discounted pricing
- 11 trip report s africa, victoria falls & Botswana Zambezi Queen
- 12 Morocco Tour: Marrakech Fes Merzouga Camel Trek in Sahara
- 13 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Lake Manze Camp
- 14 Tanzania (Selous): Trip Report for Selous Impala Camp
- 15 Tanzania (Ruaha): Trip Report for Mwagusi Camp
- 16 Masai Mara Epic Big Five and Wildbeast Migration
- 17 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 18 Wild Dogs (Lycaon pictus) seen in Samburu Kenya
- 19 Awesome trip and still not done
- 20 South Africa
- 21 Some Cape Town hotel - day tour suggestions?
- 22 2 weeks in Oman - Our experience
- 23 Private Conservancy Recommendations
- 24 Jordanesert,Rose City, Fabulous views,Unearthly landscapes.
- 25 Cairo Hotels and Safety