Well I think my hubby and I have finally settled on the reality of our next trip to Africa being in Feb 2007. After deciding this I thought I had a pretty good idea on what we wanted however when we were talking last night and my hubby was asking lots of questions I realized there are definate voids in our knowledge so I am hoping you folks can help us out. OK we have been to NTanz before but went on a pre set itin that we didn't really have input to. We want to go back to N Tanz but on a private safari. It seems the more I read the more confused I get! I a want to get together an itinerary I can send to at least one Tanz op and maybe to a US op also. So here goes
* realistically how far in advance do we need to be booking for Feb 2007
*it looks like we will have between12-14 nights to devote to safari.
* we are thinking
Tarangire 2 nights
Ngorongoro 1 or 2 nights
Serengeti the remaining nights
* we are thinking the Ndutu area in Serengeti??? Any other location for that time of year we should look at?
*where to stay in Tarangire for good access to park
*what is the story with N Crater for drives are you allowed to do a full day drive or do you have to split it to 2 half days and if so can these be done back to back?
We like camps a lot. Budget?? Good question Not luxury but we are willing to pay for location.
We will be going to Gorillas in Rwanda also.
Sorry for the long post but very much appreciate all your input and if I can supply more info that will be helpful please ask.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Can anyone rival Micato Safaris?
- 2 Two Safari questions--one photography and one about gratuities
- 3 Has anyone shipped goods to Kenya?
- 4 day trip fes to chefchaouen
- 5 Why no mention of the beautuful lion...
- 6 Has anyone used this safari company in Uganda?
- 7 Best time to visit 2016 -
- 8 Israel itinerary
- 9 Connection Time from the US to CPT from JNB?
- 10 Wondering how much US Dollars to change to Kenyan Shillings?
- 11 Safari photography help
- 12 20 days, Family who loves Adventure, over the Holidays
- 13 Travel within Africa
- 14 Last minute invite to Kenya - need reasonablebSafari tour operators
- 15 Flights to Uganda & Kenya
- 16 Namibia--fly-in or guided drive?
- 17 Can Anyone Say Anything Positive About Ethiopia Air?
- 18 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 19 Tanzania trip Advice
- 20 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 21 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 22 1st time Africa: Zambezi Rafting & more - what do I need to know?
- 23 el gouna or soma bay????
- 24 Morocco - Chefchaouen, Ait Benhaddou
- 25 What is a normal price for driver from Amman airport to Petra