Well I think my hubby and I have finally settled on the reality of our next trip to Africa being in Feb 2007. After deciding this I thought I had a pretty good idea on what we wanted however when we were talking last night and my hubby was asking lots of questions I realized there are definate voids in our knowledge so I am hoping you folks can help us out. OK we have been to NTanz before but went on a pre set itin that we didn't really have input to. We want to go back to N Tanz but on a private safari. It seems the more I read the more confused I get! I a want to get together an itinerary I can send to at least one Tanz op and maybe to a US op also. So here goes
* realistically how far in advance do we need to be booking for Feb 2007
*it looks like we will have between12-14 nights to devote to safari.
* we are thinking
Tarangire 2 nights
Ngorongoro 1 or 2 nights
Serengeti the remaining nights
* we are thinking the Ndutu area in Serengeti??? Any other location for that time of year we should look at?
*where to stay in Tarangire for good access to park
*what is the story with N Crater for drives are you allowed to do a full day drive or do you have to split it to 2 half days and if so can these be done back to back?
We like camps a lot. Budget?? Good question Not luxury but we are willing to pay for location.
We will be going to Gorillas in Rwanda also.
Sorry for the long post but very much appreciate all your input and if I can supply more info that will be helpful please ask.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 2 Israeli Tour Guides
- 3 What is worth seeing in November?
- 4 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 5 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 6 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 7 Masai Mara in May
- 8 Western Desert Itinerary
- 9 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 10 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 11 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 12 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 13 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 14 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 15 Trip to Merzouga
- 16 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 17 Uganda Visa
- 18 Border crossing (Bots-Zim-Zam)
- 19 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 20 Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?
- 21 Help choosing Game Reserves in Kruger National Park, SouthAfrica
- 22 Purchase Tanzanite in Arusha/Tanzania
- 23 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 24 safari private lodges - % off rack rates
- 25 Rwanda - Gorilla Trekking