Is it a total waste of time to try and get to let alone observe wildlife at the beginning of December in South Luangwa?
We have a 10 week trip to south and eastern Africa starting in early November in South Africa heading north. With one of the tours we are going on we will have 3-4 days in Vic falls and then 3 days of 8+ hours on a bus to get to Lake Malawi via Lusaka and Chipata.
I was thinking of flying from Livingstone to Mfuwe to spend a few days in South Luangwa instead because I have heard some great things about it. It would beat a 3d bus trip too.
I know that a lot of camps shutdown but I read somewhere that some don't, you can get great rates because it is the quiet (rainy) season and if the guides know where to go, the wildlife is still spectacular, especially the birds.
If it is terrible, would Hwange in Zimbabwe be a better option or is it usually flooded out as well?
I would appreciate any ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Morocco help
- 2 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 3 First trip to Africa
- 4 Israel Transportation
- 5 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 6 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 7 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 8 3 day desert tour: Marrakech to Merzouga
- 9 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 10 IRAN
- 11 Money in Uganda
- 12 Uganda Visa
- 13 accomodation near Mata Mata Border post
- 14 Egypt- Dec Itinerary-help needed
- 15 Private Guide for Cairo
- 16 Egypt - Need Help!
- 17 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 18 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 19 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 20 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 21 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 22 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 23 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 24 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 25 "Salute Africa" travel agency