Is it a total waste of time to try and get to let alone observe wildlife at the beginning of December in South Luangwa?
We have a 10 week trip to south and eastern Africa starting in early November in South Africa heading north. With one of the tours we are going on we will have 3-4 days in Vic falls and then 3 days of 8+ hours on a bus to get to Lake Malawi via Lusaka and Chipata.
I was thinking of flying from Livingstone to Mfuwe to spend a few days in South Luangwa instead because I have heard some great things about it. It would beat a 3d bus trip too.
I know that a lot of camps shutdown but I read somewhere that some don't, you can get great rates because it is the quiet (rainy) season and if the guides know where to go, the wildlife is still spectacular, especially the birds.
If it is terrible, would Hwange in Zimbabwe be a better option or is it usually flooded out as well?
I would appreciate any ideas.
South Luangwa or Hwange in December?
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Marrakech Tours:
- 2 Camel Trekking Tours
- 3 Morocco Tours
- 4 place to sleep near airport for a 6 hour layover .. switching airports
- 5 Help with Rwanda trip
- 6 History Of Mount Kilimanjaro
- 7 Have you been to East Africa ?Ethiopia?
- 8 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 9 Tel Aviv beaches
- 10 Memory cards for camera
- 11 Self Drive SA, Botswana, Zimbabwe - help, 4x4 hire/border restrictions
- 12 trip report, morocco
- 13 Marrakech to Fes by bus
- 14 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 15 Generic malarone now availbale in Canada
- 16 Morocco for 2 nights
- 17 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 18 Sabi Sands camps
- 19 Hotels in Nairobi
- 20 Who Plans and Packs for Your Bucket List Travel (Safari)
- 21 Rwanda trip report
- 22 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 23 A Couple of Questions Regarding My Itinerary
- 24 Petra in August, Petra by Night?
- 25 israel and petra