Is it a total waste of time to try and get to let alone observe wildlife at the beginning of December in South Luangwa?
We have a 10 week trip to south and eastern Africa starting in early November in South Africa heading north. With one of the tours we are going on we will have 3-4 days in Vic falls and then 3 days of 8+ hours on a bus to get to Lake Malawi via Lusaka and Chipata.
I was thinking of flying from Livingstone to Mfuwe to spend a few days in South Luangwa instead because I have heard some great things about it. It would beat a 3d bus trip too.
I know that a lot of camps shutdown but I read somewhere that some don't, you can get great rates because it is the quiet (rainy) season and if the guides know where to go, the wildlife is still spectacular, especially the birds.
If it is terrible, would Hwange in Zimbabwe be a better option or is it usually flooded out as well?
I would appreciate any ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 오션 바다이야기 신천지 ※접 속 : scc883.컴 ♀
- 2 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 3 FABULOUS trip! Wanted to share recommendations
- 4 Safari Game Drives & Conservancy/Park Fees
- 5 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 6 Uganda Currency Exchange
- 7 Safari suggestions
- 8 Visiting Tanzania, Must DO list
- 9 Travel to Cairo in July
- 10 Targin into Zambia
- 11 Tanzania Accommodation?
- 12 Capetown Tours Who Is the Best?
- 13 Medical Precautions for Zambia
- 14 My Lisbon/Morocco Itinerary-any suggestions?
- 15 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 16 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 17 Uganda Gorila Trek - Single Travelers
- 18 Tipping guide & driver in israel???
- 19 Passport question for International flight
- 20 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 21 Tour operator near me
- 22 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 23 Sim card mainly for data
- 24 Desert Tour or Chefchaouen?
- 25 How are you adapting to the electronics ban?