Is it a total waste of time to try and get to let alone observe wildlife at the beginning of December in South Luangwa?
We have a 10 week trip to south and eastern Africa starting in early November in South Africa heading north. With one of the tours we are going on we will have 3-4 days in Vic falls and then 3 days of 8+ hours on a bus to get to Lake Malawi via Lusaka and Chipata.
I was thinking of flying from Livingstone to Mfuwe to spend a few days in South Luangwa instead because I have heard some great things about it. It would beat a 3d bus trip too.
I know that a lot of camps shutdown but I read somewhere that some don't, you can get great rates because it is the quiet (rainy) season and if the guides know where to go, the wildlife is still spectacular, especially the birds.
If it is terrible, would Hwange in Zimbabwe be a better option or is it usually flooded out as well?
I would appreciate any ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Travel within Africa
- 2 WiFi on Safari
- 3 Tanzania and Kenya tour company?
- 4 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 5 Cape Town - things to do IN THE CITY and where to stay?
- 6 In South Africa, What do Hotels Mean by "Tea and Coffee-making Facilities"?
- 7 Israel itinerary planning
- 8 Africa, closer than ever before?
- 9 Capetown 3-day itinerary?
- 10 My experience of 8 day tour in Morocco
- 11 Southern Africa Safari Trip—Best Vacation Ever!!
- 12 Private Tour Recommendations To Erg Chebbi
- 13 My Tour in Morocco by 4x4
- 14 Kenya: No longer able to get visa on arrival at airport?
- 15 Seal snorkeling - Capetown
- 16 Capetown, Garden Route & Safari
- 17 Luggage Storage Question at O.R. Tambo Int'l Airport
- 18 Hotel at Victoria Falls - suggestions welcome
- 19 Need itineary planning help
- 20 Trip Report April/May 2051 Tanzania Safari
- 21 Obtaining Visas for Egypt
- 22 What to do with 2 1/2 days in Arusha, TZ
- 23 Passport issues Lebanon/Israel
- 24 My 2-Week Love and Hate Relationship with Morocco
- 25 FIRST South Africa's trip might be brought to us by You