Is it a total waste of time to try and get to let alone observe wildlife at the beginning of December in South Luangwa?
We have a 10 week trip to south and eastern Africa starting in early November in South Africa heading north. With one of the tours we are going on we will have 3-4 days in Vic falls and then 3 days of 8+ hours on a bus to get to Lake Malawi via Lusaka and Chipata.
I was thinking of flying from Livingstone to Mfuwe to spend a few days in South Luangwa instead because I have heard some great things about it. It would beat a 3d bus trip too.
I know that a lot of camps shutdown but I read somewhere that some don't, you can get great rates because it is the quiet (rainy) season and if the guides know where to go, the wildlife is still spectacular, especially the birds.
If it is terrible, would Hwange in Zimbabwe be a better option or is it usually flooded out as well?
I would appreciate any ideas.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Botswana safari recs
- 2 Safe to Travel to Morocco
- 3 Tanzania vs. Botswana
- 4 Amazing 40th Anniversary Celebration in South Africa
- 5 Morocco Questions
- 6 Swartberg Pass or not?
- 7 Botswana in January
- 8 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 9 Help please! Port Elizabeth/Addo Elephant
- 10 Activities to Keep the Kids Entertained in Dubai
- 11 Rhino Africa - Reviews
- 12 Last-minute South Africa advice?
- 13 Help me plan a family safari for three generations!
- 14 Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017
- 15 Southern Africa, 2 weeks, 10 passport stamps!!
- 16 Done with tourist activity/ two fully free solo days
- 17 2 days i n JO'burg
- 18 Victoria Falls 3 day visit from a month in SA
- 19 Timbavati or Klaserie Game Lodge Options
- 20 Jnb to Vic Falls cheap
- 21 Zambia HELP!
- 22 Israel in January
- 23 Morocco touring from Agadir
- 24 Imilchil marriage festival 2016 in Morocco
- 25 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience