I am traveling to S. Africa (or planning to) during Thanksgiving with my significant other for our anniversary. We are 31 and 34 and looking for a fun, romantic getaway to explore S Africa in the best manner possible!!
I am having difficulty understanding what would be the best itinerary and currently exploring a few different travel companies:
1) I would greatly appreciate if anyone has feedback on Lion World Travel and/or the Twelve Apostles Hotel and/or Lion Sands Safari in Kruger
-Was Lion World Travel a good company? Any issues? Any issues with South African Airways?
-Was Twelve Apostles too far from Capetown? Is staying downtown in the hustle and bustle more favortable?
-Is Lion Sands one of the nicer Safaris? Any other recommendations?
2) What is the best itinerary for someone coming to S Africa for their first time and potentially only time?
- 5 nights in Capetown, 3 nights in Safari (Is 5 nights too long? or 3 nights in Safari too short?)
- 4 nights in Capetown, 1 night winelands, 4 nights Safari
Are the winelands worth going to or similiar to Napa, etc?
3) What are the best day activities in Capetown?
- Helicopter tour, penguins, Robben Island, winelands, etc.
4) Any other help would be GREATLY appreciated. I am extremely confused and frustrated right now trying to pick and plan the best trip and would really love additional help in planning this trip
Thank you so much in advance for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 2 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 3 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 4 Self drive tour south africa
- 5 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 6 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 7 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 8 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 9 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 10 Duba activities - help deciding
- 11 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 12 Private Guide for Cairo
- 13 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 14 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 15 Texting from US to Israel
- 16 Itinerary Ideas
- 17 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 18 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 19 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 20 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 21 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 22 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 23 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 24 Passport pages stuck together
- 25 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?