I am traveling to S. Africa (or planning to) during Thanksgiving with my significant other for our anniversary. We are 31 and 34 and looking for a fun, romantic getaway to explore S Africa in the best manner possible!!
I am having difficulty understanding what would be the best itinerary and currently exploring a few different travel companies:
1) I would greatly appreciate if anyone has feedback on Lion World Travel and/or the Twelve Apostles Hotel and/or Lion Sands Safari in Kruger
-Was Lion World Travel a good company? Any issues? Any issues with South African Airways?
-Was Twelve Apostles too far from Capetown? Is staying downtown in the hustle and bustle more favortable?
-Is Lion Sands one of the nicer Safaris? Any other recommendations?
2) What is the best itinerary for someone coming to S Africa for their first time and potentially only time?
- 5 nights in Capetown, 3 nights in Safari (Is 5 nights too long? or 3 nights in Safari too short?)
- 4 nights in Capetown, 1 night winelands, 4 nights Safari
Are the winelands worth going to or similiar to Napa, etc?
3) What are the best day activities in Capetown?
- Helicopter tour, penguins, Robben Island, winelands, etc.
4) Any other help would be GREATLY appreciated. I am extremely confused and frustrated right now trying to pick and plan the best trip and would really love additional help in planning this trip
Thank you so much in advance for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 2 Morocco help
- 3 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 4 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 5 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 6 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 7 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 8 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 9 First trip to Africa
- 10 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 11 Uganda Visa
- 12 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 13 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 14 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 15 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 16 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 17 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 18 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 19 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 20 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 21 Calculating Conservancy Fees - Kenya's Mara North
- 22 Fes or Marrakech?
- 23 Transfer at JNB airport
- 24 Egypt - Need Help!
- 25 Your Thoughts on 5 Days in Morocco in Beg Dec