I am traveling to S. Africa (or planning to) during Thanksgiving with my significant other for our anniversary. We are 31 and 34 and looking for a fun, romantic getaway to explore S Africa in the best manner possible!!
I am having difficulty understanding what would be the best itinerary and currently exploring a few different travel companies:
1) I would greatly appreciate if anyone has feedback on Lion World Travel and/or the Twelve Apostles Hotel and/or Lion Sands Safari in Kruger
-Was Lion World Travel a good company? Any issues? Any issues with South African Airways?
-Was Twelve Apostles too far from Capetown? Is staying downtown in the hustle and bustle more favortable?
-Is Lion Sands one of the nicer Safaris? Any other recommendations?
2) What is the best itinerary for someone coming to S Africa for their first time and potentially only time?
- 5 nights in Capetown, 3 nights in Safari (Is 5 nights too long? or 3 nights in Safari too short?)
- 4 nights in Capetown, 1 night winelands, 4 nights Safari
Are the winelands worth going to or similiar to Napa, etc?
3) What are the best day activities in Capetown?
- Helicopter tour, penguins, Robben Island, winelands, etc.
4) Any other help would be GREATLY appreciated. I am extremely confused and frustrated right now trying to pick and plan the best trip and would really love additional help in planning this trip
Thank you so much in advance for your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 2 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 3 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 4 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 5 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 6 israel tour
- 7 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 8 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 9 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 10 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 11 Luxury train ride
- 12 Safety in Fes
- 13 Petra from Israel
- 14 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 15 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 16 Sim card mainly for data
- 17 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 18 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 19 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania
- 20 Urgent help please for my final itinerary Morocco 10 nights
- 21 Cape Town
- 22 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 23 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 24 Travel to Cairo in July
- 25 Help please! Trying to plan an African trip!