I would love feedback from all you Zambia safari gurus on an itinerary offered by Robin Pope Safari. Researchers, Kellie Leigh and Emma Stone, with African Wild Dog Conservation will be setting up their base camp at Nkwali to continue their research on wild dogs. Given this, Robin Pope Safari is having a Wild Dog Week with the following itinerary:
21 to 26 Feb
Nkwali – 6 nights
Chaminuka – 1 night
Internal Flights Lusaka to Mfuwe return
Includes donation to Africa Wild Dog Conservation
During this week, Kellie and Emma will give lectures and take guests out on drives. Guests can do other activities like drives, walks and night drives.
I am interested in this because I like the wild dog focus and the fact that we get to interact with Wild Dog conservation experts. Also, the price looks fairly reasonable, but I have only been on one safari to Botswana and Zimbabwe and that was through a US safari operator. It looks like this is something I can plan myself without using a safari operator, but perhaps I'm missing something. It appears that once I book this, I just need to figure out my airfare from California to Lukasa...or am I simplying things?
At any rate, any suggestions on how best to book the air would be very helpful. Also, please share with me the pros and cons of staying at Nkwali with Robin Pope Safari in February. I believe that's probably the wettest month in Zambia. Would game viewing be good or would I be attacked to death by mosquitos and tsetse flies?
Your insight would be very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://nutritionplanreview.com/tst-1700-and-pump-2400-supplement/
- 2 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 3 http://healthonlinereviews.com/juvarelle-eye-lift-cream/
- 4 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 5 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 6 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 7 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 8 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 9 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 10 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 11 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 12 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 13 Buying merchandise
- 14 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 15 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 16 Egypt January-February 2018
- 17 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 18 safari for the mobility impaired
- 19 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 20 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 21 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 22 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 23 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 24 Dining in Cape Town
- 25 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?