I would love feedback from all you Zambia safari gurus on an itinerary offered by Robin Pope Safari. Researchers, Kellie Leigh and Emma Stone, with African Wild Dog Conservation will be setting up their base camp at Nkwali to continue their research on wild dogs. Given this, Robin Pope Safari is having a Wild Dog Week with the following itinerary:
21 to 26 Feb
Nkwali – 6 nights
Chaminuka – 1 night
Internal Flights Lusaka to Mfuwe return
Includes donation to Africa Wild Dog Conservation
During this week, Kellie and Emma will give lectures and take guests out on drives. Guests can do other activities like drives, walks and night drives.
I am interested in this because I like the wild dog focus and the fact that we get to interact with Wild Dog conservation experts. Also, the price looks fairly reasonable, but I have only been on one safari to Botswana and Zimbabwe and that was through a US safari operator. It looks like this is something I can plan myself without using a safari operator, but perhaps I'm missing something. It appears that once I book this, I just need to figure out my airfare from California to Lukasa...or am I simplying things?
At any rate, any suggestions on how best to book the air would be very helpful. Also, please share with me the pros and cons of staying at Nkwali with Robin Pope Safari in February. I believe that's probably the wettest month in Zambia. Would game viewing be good or would I be attacked to death by mosquitos and tsetse flies?
Your insight would be very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 토토총판.총판토토 ▷접속주소 : ♤ kakao: dnj2016 텔레그램 : speed2017☏
- 2 Luxury train ride
- 3 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 4 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 5 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 6 Cradle of Humankind
- 7 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 8 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 9 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 10 Petra from Israel
- 11 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 12 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 13 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 14 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 15 israel tour
- 16 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 17 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 18 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 19 Safety in Fes
- 20 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 21 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 22 Sim card mainly for data
- 23 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 24 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 25 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania