I would love feedback from all you Zambia safari gurus on an itinerary offered by Robin Pope Safari. Researchers, Kellie Leigh and Emma Stone, with African Wild Dog Conservation will be setting up their base camp at Nkwali to continue their research on wild dogs. Given this, Robin Pope Safari is having a Wild Dog Week with the following itinerary:
21 to 26 Feb
Nkwali – 6 nights
Chaminuka – 1 night
Internal Flights Lusaka to Mfuwe return
Includes donation to Africa Wild Dog Conservation
During this week, Kellie and Emma will give lectures and take guests out on drives. Guests can do other activities like drives, walks and night drives.
I am interested in this because I like the wild dog focus and the fact that we get to interact with Wild Dog conservation experts. Also, the price looks fairly reasonable, but I have only been on one safari to Botswana and Zimbabwe and that was through a US safari operator. It looks like this is something I can plan myself without using a safari operator, but perhaps I'm missing something. It appears that once I book this, I just need to figure out my airfare from California to Lukasa...or am I simplying things?
At any rate, any suggestions on how best to book the air would be very helpful. Also, please share with me the pros and cons of staying at Nkwali with Robin Pope Safari in February. I believe that's probably the wettest month in Zambia. Would game viewing be good or would I be attacked to death by mosquitos and tsetse flies?
Your insight would be very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 2 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 3 Uganda Visa
- 4 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 5 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 6 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 7 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 8 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 9 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 10 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 11 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 12 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 13 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 14 Calculating Conservancy Fees - Kenya's Mara North
- 15 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 16 Fes or Marrakech?
- 17 Transfer at JNB airport
- 18 Egypt - Need Help!
- 19 Your Thoughts on 5 Days in Morocco in Beg Dec
- 20 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 21 Morrocco single traveler on group trip
- 22 Safety in Dubai airport night take a taxi
- 23 Adapter Plugs
- 24 NYE in Marrakech
- 25 Dead Sea