I would love feedback from all you Zambia safari gurus on an itinerary offered by Robin Pope Safari. Researchers, Kellie Leigh and Emma Stone, with African Wild Dog Conservation will be setting up their base camp at Nkwali to continue their research on wild dogs. Given this, Robin Pope Safari is having a Wild Dog Week with the following itinerary:
21 to 26 Feb
Nkwali – 6 nights
Chaminuka – 1 night
Internal Flights Lusaka to Mfuwe return
Includes donation to Africa Wild Dog Conservation
During this week, Kellie and Emma will give lectures and take guests out on drives. Guests can do other activities like drives, walks and night drives.
I am interested in this because I like the wild dog focus and the fact that we get to interact with Wild Dog conservation experts. Also, the price looks fairly reasonable, but I have only been on one safari to Botswana and Zimbabwe and that was through a US safari operator. It looks like this is something I can plan myself without using a safari operator, but perhaps I'm missing something. It appears that once I book this, I just need to figure out my airfare from California to Lukasa...or am I simplying things?
At any rate, any suggestions on how best to book the air would be very helpful. Also, please share with me the pros and cons of staying at Nkwali with Robin Pope Safari in February. I believe that's probably the wettest month in Zambia. Would game viewing be good or would I be attacked to death by mosquitos and tsetse flies?
Your insight would be very much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Chefchaouen Report
- 2 Best books to read before Morocco visit? (not guide books)
- 3 Trip through Morocco - Trip to Morocco
- 4 Petra from Israel
- 5 Trip Report Kenya 9 Days With Family
- 6 Need help planning Namibia Trip!
- 7 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 8 Trip Report: Tanzania, Kenya & Zanzibar with MICATO May /June 2006
- 9 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 10 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 11 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 12 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 13 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 14 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 15 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 16 Dubai Guide
- 17 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 18 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 19 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 20 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 21 Loldia House Kenya
- 22 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 23 Alexandria
- 24 kicheche compared to porini
- 25 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya