I would love feedback from all you Zambia safari gurus on an itinerary offered by Robin Pope Safari. Researchers, Kellie Leigh and Emma Stone, with African Wild Dog Conservation will be setting up their base camp at Nkwali to continue their research on wild dogs. Given this, Robin Pope Safari is having a Wild Dog Week with the following itinerary:
21 to 26 Feb
Nkwali – 6 nights
Chaminuka – 1 night
Internal Flights Lusaka to Mfuwe return
Includes donation to Africa Wild Dog Conservation
During this week, Kellie and Emma will give lectures and take guests out on drives. Guests can do other activities like drives, walks and night drives.
I am interested in this because I like the wild dog focus and the fact that we get to interact with Wild Dog conservation experts. Also, the price looks fairly reasonable, but I have only been on one safari to Botswana and Zimbabwe and that was through a US safari operator. It looks like this is something I can plan myself without using a safari operator, but perhaps I'm missing something. It appears that once I book this, I just need to figure out my airfare from California to Lukasa...or am I simplying things?
At any rate, any suggestions on how best to book the air would be very helpful. Also, please share with me the pros and cons of staying at Nkwali with Robin Pope Safari in February. I believe that's probably the wettest month in Zambia. Would game viewing be good or would I be attacked to death by mosquitos and tsetse flies?
Your insight would be very much appreciated!
Robin Pope Safari – Wild Dogs Week
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Quick question about Kenya..
- 2 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 3 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 4 Tanzania: Ruaha & Selous in June
- 5 Green Season Safari Questions
- 6 Morocco in April 2014
- 7 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 8 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 9 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 10 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 11 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 12 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 13 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 14 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 15 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 16 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 17 Uganda Travel Planning
- 18 Israel and Jordan
- 19 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 20 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 21 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 22 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 23 Northern Circuit tour company
- 24 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 25 Oman Trip Report