1) I'm wondering where best to eat in Ruhengeri for a couple of nights -- some place with pretty fast service and western-style food. And is there a good/fast restaurant for lunch on the way to the Kigali airport from Butare? I've got a 5-hour drive that day and will definitely want to eat well before my onward transatlantic home.
2) I've been browsing the forums trying to get ahold of a street map of Ruhengeri (aka Musanze) to no avail. Has anyone got an old map they can scan out of an old guidebook?
Has anyone gone to Virunga Lodge for lunch recently -- how was the food?
3) Has anyone been to PNV in December/January -- how hot did it get on the trek, and what was the temp early morning and night? I've found some info on blogs where people complained it was very cold and damp -- just need to know what to pack.
4) I've got some new leather hiking boots which I'm breaking in for the trekking. They're not totally broken in yet, and though they aren't currently causing many problems, I want a backup pair. Need some advice here -- don't have too many options:
I've got some Nike trailrunners with decent (not great) treads, a bit better than regular running shoes. However, the toe part is not protected well -- I wanted a hard plastic stop, and the Nike one I can press in with my thumb. I wonder if these are still okay as a backup. Pls know I am very hard to fit, already in men's sizes (thus the poor fit), and running out of options (pardon the pun). The only other footwear I have are my Australian Blundstones, which have really no treads at all.
restaurant ideas, street maps, PNV weather, and feet!
- 1 Bugs n' Botswana
- 2 My Trip to Palestine
- 3 Map of Safari Camps in Greater Kruger?
- 4 Anyone visiting Kenya 2014
- 5 1st Time Safari to South Africa -Lodge Recommendations!
- 6 Group Trip to Israel
- 7 TRIP REPORTART I: BUDGET, NOVICE TRIP TO ETHIOPIA AND KENYA
- 8 Being a tourist in Dubai
- 9 Help with travel plans for Dubai
- 10 My trip to Egypt .....
- 11 Tanzania, Kili, Camels and Horses
- 12 My Big Fat Africa Trip - Input Appreciated!!!!
- 13 Safari and Beach in June
- 14 Help -- choosing a beach for honeymoon: Seychelles, Mauritius, Mozambique
- 15 Back from our self-drive in the northern circuit
- 16 Glorious Return to South Africa--Two Weeks in October
- 17 Botswana Flights to the Kwando camps
- 18 Questions on 10 day Morocco winter vacation
- 19 WHERE TO? Botswana? Tanzania? South Africa?
- 20 Highlights and Photos: Self-drive Kenya & Tanzania August 2009
- 21 Homestay Accomodation
- 22 A new Tourism Region - Zambesia
- 23 Morocco with Desert Majesty
- 24 Grootberg Lodge & Camp Kipwe in Damaraland, Namibia
- 25 Israel and Jordan as a winter break, Pt. 2