1) I'm wondering where best to eat in Ruhengeri for a couple of nights -- some place with pretty fast service and western-style food. And is there a good/fast restaurant for lunch on the way to the Kigali airport from Butare? I've got a 5-hour drive that day and will definitely want to eat well before my onward transatlantic home.
2) I've been browsing the forums trying to get ahold of a street map of Ruhengeri (aka Musanze) to no avail. Has anyone got an old map they can scan out of an old guidebook?
Has anyone gone to Virunga Lodge for lunch recently -- how was the food?
3) Has anyone been to PNV in December/January -- how hot did it get on the trek, and what was the temp early morning and night? I've found some info on blogs where people complained it was very cold and damp -- just need to know what to pack.
4) I've got some new leather hiking boots which I'm breaking in for the trekking. They're not totally broken in yet, and though they aren't currently causing many problems, I want a backup pair. Need some advice here -- don't have too many options:
I've got some Nike trailrunners with decent (not great) treads, a bit better than regular running shoes. However, the toe part is not protected well -- I wanted a hard plastic stop, and the Nike one I can press in with my thumb. I wonder if these are still okay as a backup. Pls know I am very hard to fit, already in men's sizes (thus the poor fit), and running out of options (pardon the pun). The only other footwear I have are my Australian Blundstones, which have really no treads at all.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://testosteronesboosterweb.com/pure-testo-booster/
- 2 Itinerary Ideas
- 3 USA Entertainment News
- 4 I'd like ideas to lower expenses for trip to Kenya and Tanzania
- 5 Zanzibar
- 6 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 7 Flight or take a jeep transfer from Nairobi to Masai Mara?
- 8 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 9 Ethiopian Air - Horrible
- 10 61 year old traveling to Kenya/Tanzania by myself
- 11 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 12 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 13 Trip Report: Leaf Leopards & Stone Lions: Kamping in Kruger
- 14 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 15 Self drive tour south africa
- 16 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 17 Elandskloof Farm Cottages near Greyton in the Western Cape
- 18 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 19 Duba activities - help deciding
- 20 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 21 Private Guide for Cairo
- 22 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 23 Texting from US to Israel
- 24 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 25 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa