We are planning our first African Safari. Our scope and preferences for this first safari experience are below and we welcome your feedback and insight.
- Family of 4 adults (ages range from mid-50s to early 20s).
- Use first safari as a learning experience (e.g. Safari 101 for Dummies).
- A limited scope, short safari to learn our likes, dislikes, what works, what doesn't work.
- Limited financial exposure (doing too much that doesn't interest some of the group).
- Quintessential African safari camp experience (but not roughing it too much, i.e. "Glamping")
- Wildlife photography (close-ups)
- Landscape photography (River, Plains, Savannah, Kopjes, Sunrise & Sunset)
- 5 to 7 nights total in camp
- Safari starts in late June or early July 2017
- Lions/Big Cats
Mara, Kenya and/or Northern Serengeti, Tanzania
- Maximize game drive and camp experience time
- Minimize inter-camp, inter-intra country travel time (non-game drive time).
- Quintessential African safari camp experience but with modern comfort/amenities (i.e. "Glamping")
- Animals visit the camp often
- Unique setting but easy, quick access to game viewing and variety of landscapes.
- Prefer single camp where we can view desired wildlife and landscapes with high frequency.
Thank you and we look forward to everyone's feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.healthyapplechat.com/alpha-force-testo-reviews/
- 2 Best African Safari
- 3 Petra Wadi Rum
- 4 Royal Air Maroc Dreamliner JFK-CMN and maybe connect to RAK
- 5 Tanzania Great Migration, when to go
- 6 Questions on Israel/Jordan Border Crossings and Jordan Travel. Need Help!
- 7 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 8 Transportation from Tel Aviv Airport to Jerusalem
- 9 What is worth seeing in November?
- 10 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 11 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 12 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 13 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 14 Israeli Tour Guides
- 15 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 16 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 17 Masai Mara in May
- 18 Western Desert Itinerary
- 19 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 20 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 21 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 22 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 23 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 24 Trip to Merzouga
- 25 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017