We are planning our first African Safari. Our scope and preferences for this first safari experience are below and we welcome your feedback and insight.
- Family of 4 adults (ages range from mid-50s to early 20s).
- Use first safari as a learning experience (e.g. Safari 101 for Dummies).
- A limited scope, short safari to learn our likes, dislikes, what works, what doesn't work.
- Limited financial exposure (doing too much that doesn't interest some of the group).
- Quintessential African safari camp experience (but not roughing it too much, i.e. "Glamping")
- Wildlife photography (close-ups)
- Landscape photography (River, Plains, Savannah, Kopjes, Sunrise & Sunset)
- 5 to 7 nights total in camp
- Safari starts in late June or early July 2017
- Lions/Big Cats
Mara, Kenya and/or Northern Serengeti, Tanzania
- Maximize game drive and camp experience time
- Minimize inter-camp, inter-intra country travel time (non-game drive time).
- Quintessential African safari camp experience but with modern comfort/amenities (i.e. "Glamping")
- Animals visit the camp often
- Unique setting but easy, quick access to game viewing and variety of landscapes.
- Prefer single camp where we can view desired wildlife and landscapes with high frequency.
Thank you and we look forward to everyone's feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Cape Town & wine country in July? Help...
- 2 Current Recs for Driver/Guide in Morocco
- 3 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 4 11 days Jordan and Israel...need help with planning
- 5 Safety issues driving the Garden Route in South Africa?
- 6 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 7 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 8 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 9 Marrakech
- 10 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 11 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 12 Abu Dhabi overnight stay
- 13 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 14 Audley Travel
- 15 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 16 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 17 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 18 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 19 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 20 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 21 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 22 Safari in South Africa
- 23 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 24 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 25 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017