We are planning our first African Safari. Our scope and preferences for this first safari experience are below and we welcome your feedback and insight.
- Family of 4 adults (ages range from mid-50s to early 20s).
- Use first safari as a learning experience (e.g. Safari 101 for Dummies).
- A limited scope, short safari to learn our likes, dislikes, what works, what doesn't work.
- Limited financial exposure (doing too much that doesn't interest some of the group).
- Quintessential African safari camp experience (but not roughing it too much, i.e. "Glamping")
- Wildlife photography (close-ups)
- Landscape photography (River, Plains, Savannah, Kopjes, Sunrise & Sunset)
- 5 to 7 nights total in camp
- Safari starts in late June or early July 2017
- Lions/Big Cats
Mara, Kenya and/or Northern Serengeti, Tanzania
- Maximize game drive and camp experience time
- Minimize inter-camp, inter-intra country travel time (non-game drive time).
- Quintessential African safari camp experience but with modern comfort/amenities (i.e. "Glamping")
- Animals visit the camp often
- Unique setting but easy, quick access to game viewing and variety of landscapes.
- Prefer single camp where we can view desired wildlife and landscapes with high frequency.
Thank you and we look forward to everyone's feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://supplement4help.com/testo-x-boost/
- 2 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 3 http://healthonlinereviews.com/juvarelle-eye-lift-cream/
- 4 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 5 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 6 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 7 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 8 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 9 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 10 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 11 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 12 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 13 Buying merchandise
- 14 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 15 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 16 Egypt January-February 2018
- 17 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 18 safari for the mobility impaired
- 19 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 20 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 21 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 22 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 23 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 24 Dining in Cape Town
- 25 Change Tour Operators at Last Minute?
Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017