We are planning our first African Safari. Our scope and preferences for this first safari experience are below and we welcome your feedback and insight.
- Family of 4 adults (ages range from mid-50s to early 20s).
- Use first safari as a learning experience (e.g. Safari 101 for Dummies).
- A limited scope, short safari to learn our likes, dislikes, what works, what doesn't work.
- Limited financial exposure (doing too much that doesn't interest some of the group).
- Quintessential African safari camp experience (but not roughing it too much, i.e. "Glamping")
- Wildlife photography (close-ups)
- Landscape photography (River, Plains, Savannah, Kopjes, Sunrise & Sunset)
- 5 to 7 nights total in camp
- Safari starts in late June or early July 2017
- Lions/Big Cats
Mara, Kenya and/or Northern Serengeti, Tanzania
- Maximize game drive and camp experience time
- Minimize inter-camp, inter-intra country travel time (non-game drive time).
- Quintessential African safari camp experience but with modern comfort/amenities (i.e. "Glamping")
- Animals visit the camp often
- Unique setting but easy, quick access to game viewing and variety of landscapes.
- Prefer single camp where we can view desired wildlife and landscapes with high frequency.
Thank you and we look forward to everyone's feedback!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 2 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 3 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 4 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 5 4 Interesting African Traditional Wedding Customs
- 6 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 7 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 8 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 9 Dubai Guide
- 10 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 11 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 12 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 13 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 14 Loldia House Kenya
- 15 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 16 Alexandria
- 17 kicheche compared to porini
- 18 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 19 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
- 20 Chefchaouen Report
- 21 Tracking Gorillas
- 22 Garden Route itinerary
- 23 A South African in Lusaka
- 24 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 25 Familiarization Trip in Tanzania
Planning & Strategy for 1st African Safari - Early July 2017