Wondering if any Fodorite's been to Algeria or Tunisia recently? Planning on a trip to Morocco (traveling with a friend) and we were thinking of splitting our two weeks between Morocco and either Algeria or Tunisia. For practical (distance) reasons had been thinking of Algeria, but it seems like government advisory websites are giving blanket warnings about visiting these places. Although I acknowledge that the threats are real, blanket warnings are not helpful in the least in deciding whether to go visit a country or not, as high risk labels seem attached to countries/places we've been to in the last 6 months that have been perfectly fine (or at least of much lower risk than suggested). Obviously we're not planning to travel to areas of unrest.
The alternative would be to spend both weeks in Morocco.
Appreciate the input!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Driving Distance from Kalahari Tented Camp to Western Etosha NP
- 2 Morocco 6 days Itinerary..Need Help
- 3 Kenya Safari Tour Operator Recommendations
- 4 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 5 Attractions in Cairo and around
- 6 Uganda Visa
- 7 Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- 8 upcoming Africa trip ... gift ideas needed?
- 9 Trying to contact Rabbi Jay Karzen, Jerusalem
- 10 South Africa/Safari/12 days in May
- 11 Is Egypt OK to visit now with family ?
- 12 "Salute Africa" travel agency
- 13 Need feedback on my itinerary
- 14 DANCING ZEBRA SAFARI CO
- 15 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 16 Calculating Conservancy Fees - Kenya's Mara North
- 17 Trip report about self-driving in Northern Namibia for 2 weeks in May 2014
- 18 Fes or Marrakech?
- 19 Transfer at JNB airport
- 20 Egypt - Need Help!
- 21 Your Thoughts on 5 Days in Morocco in Beg Dec
- 22 NBO Airport Transfer?
- 23 Morrocco single traveler on group trip
- 24 Safety in Dubai airport night take a taxi
- 25 Adapter Plugs