Wondering if any Fodorite's been to Algeria or Tunisia recently? Planning on a trip to Morocco (traveling with a friend) and we were thinking of splitting our two weeks between Morocco and either Algeria or Tunisia. For practical (distance) reasons had been thinking of Algeria, but it seems like government advisory websites are giving blanket warnings about visiting these places. Although I acknowledge that the threats are real, blanket warnings are not helpful in the least in deciding whether to go visit a country or not, as high risk labels seem attached to countries/places we've been to in the last 6 months that have been perfectly fine (or at least of much lower risk than suggested). Obviously we're not planning to travel to areas of unrest.
The alternative would be to spend both weeks in Morocco.
Appreciate the input!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://supplementsbazar.com/testo-black-xt/
- 2 Itinerary Input for Northern Israel with Kids
- 3 Itinerary Help - South Africa
- 4 2 Trips to Uganda: my experience
- 5 Private Guide for Cairo
- 6 African Safari/BeachTrip possible in 2 weeks?
- 7 Zimbabwe - Game Viewing in Hwange and Mana Pools?
- 8 Texting from US to Israel
- 9 Itinerary Ideas
- 10 Son of Cecil shot by trophy hunter in Hwange
- 11 Once again last minute short trip to South Africa
- 12 recommendations for first Africa safari?
- 13 Lamu Island or Diani Beach
- 14 Skip Victoria Falls for more Cape Town?
- 15 first family kenyan safari trip report
- 16 Dubai for 3 Days (2 nights)
- 17 Naukluft Hiking Trail travel companions wanted
- 18 Passport pages stuck together
- 19 Self drive tour south africa
- 20 Packing for a month in Southern Africa
- 21 Tanzania-An organized trip or on our own?
- 22 Flight to italy then To Romani
- 23 Minor Children & Birth Certificates?
- 24 Duba activities - help deciding
- 25 Eilat