Wondering if any Fodorite's been to Algeria or Tunisia recently? Planning on a trip to Morocco (traveling with a friend) and we were thinking of splitting our two weeks between Morocco and either Algeria or Tunisia. For practical (distance) reasons had been thinking of Algeria, but it seems like government advisory websites are giving blanket warnings about visiting these places. Although I acknowledge that the threats are real, blanket warnings are not helpful in the least in deciding whether to go visit a country or not, as high risk labels seem attached to countries/places we've been to in the last 6 months that have been perfectly fine (or at least of much lower risk than suggested). Obviously we're not planning to travel to areas of unrest.
The alternative would be to spend both weeks in Morocco.
Appreciate the input!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://www.mindextra.com/alpha-force-testo/
- 2 Israeli Tour Guides
- 3 Traditional music + dance in South Africa?
- 4 What is worth seeing in November?
- 5 Wildbeest migration tour operator
- 6 Egypt Quickie Trip
- 7 CASABLANCA for 1 Day
- 8 Masai Mara in May
- 9 Western Desert Itinerary
- 10 15 days Morocco Itinerary Help please
- 11 Tentative Itinerary - what do you think?
- 12 luggage for a weird itinerary
- 13 where to spend a night near JRO airport?
- 14 Marrakech - Which area to stay?
- 15 Middle Atlas or Chefchaouen
- 16 Trip to Merzouga
- 17 Lodge/Camp in Ruaha National Park
- 18 Uganda Visa
- 19 Border crossing (Bots-Zim-Zam)
- 20 Active Family's First Trip to Africa - South Africa or Botswana
- 21 Which one for safari: Bulele or Sabi Sands at Kruger - South Africa?
- 22 Help choosing Game Reserves in Kruger National Park, SouthAfrica
- 23 Purchase Tanzanite in Arusha/Tanzania
- 24 Marrakech Itinerary - Desert or Atlas?
- 25 safari private lodges - % off rack rates