Wondering if any Fodorite's been to Algeria or Tunisia recently? Planning on a trip to Morocco (traveling with a friend) and we were thinking of splitting our two weeks between Morocco and either Algeria or Tunisia. For practical (distance) reasons had been thinking of Algeria, but it seems like government advisory websites are giving blanket warnings about visiting these places. Although I acknowledge that the threats are real, blanket warnings are not helpful in the least in deciding whether to go visit a country or not, as high risk labels seem attached to countries/places we've been to in the last 6 months that have been perfectly fine (or at least of much lower risk than suggested). Obviously we're not planning to travel to areas of unrest.
The alternative would be to spend both weeks in Morocco.
Appreciate the input!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://maxhealthtips.com/apexatropin-reviews/
- 2 A couple of quick questions about Israel
- 3 Kruger National Park with 5 year old
- 4 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 5 Jerusalem and the Holy Land
- 6 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 7 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 8 Proposed Itinerary Israel & Jordan
- 9 Want to take your laptop on the plane?
- 10 Recommendation on where to stay in Durban?
- 11 Itinerary and logistics of Mid April Mrocco solo
- 12 Kenya and Tanzaniz combined 13 days Safari
- 13 13 Days Tanzania and Kenya Safari
- 14 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 15 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 16 Buying merchandise
- 17 Kenya and Tanzania Tour Companies
- 18 Egypt January-February 2018
- 19 safari for the mobility impaired
- 20 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 21 Morocco first timer around 8 days
- 22 Private tour guide in Marrakech
- 23 Dubai shopping - any tips?
- 24 Need a Car in Nassau?
- 25 Dining in Cape Town