Wondering if any Fodorite's been to Algeria or Tunisia recently? Planning on a trip to Morocco (traveling with a friend) and we were thinking of splitting our two weeks between Morocco and either Algeria or Tunisia. For practical (distance) reasons had been thinking of Algeria, but it seems like government advisory websites are giving blanket warnings about visiting these places. Although I acknowledge that the threats are real, blanket warnings are not helpful in the least in deciding whether to go visit a country or not, as high risk labels seem attached to countries/places we've been to in the last 6 months that have been perfectly fine (or at least of much lower risk than suggested). Obviously we're not planning to travel to areas of unrest.
The alternative would be to spend both weeks in Morocco.
Appreciate the input!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 2 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 3 3-part Zimbabwe: Join Wild Dog Researcher, Walk Mana Pools, Canoe Zambezi
- 4 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 5 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 6 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 7 Alexandria
- 8 Dubai in 36 hours
- 9 good internet connection option Meknes
- 10 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 11 South Africa trip report
- 12 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 13 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 14 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 15 Mombasa recomendations please
- 16 Private tours in Morocco
- 17 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 18 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 19 First time to Africa-need help!
- 20 How do I know if a company is legit
- 21 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 22 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 23 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 24 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 25 Jewish tour Casablanca