Wondering if any Fodorite's been to Algeria or Tunisia recently? Planning on a trip to Morocco (traveling with a friend) and we were thinking of splitting our two weeks between Morocco and either Algeria or Tunisia. For practical (distance) reasons had been thinking of Algeria, but it seems like government advisory websites are giving blanket warnings about visiting these places. Although I acknowledge that the threats are real, blanket warnings are not helpful in the least in deciding whether to go visit a country or not, as high risk labels seem attached to countries/places we've been to in the last 6 months that have been perfectly fine (or at least of much lower risk than suggested). Obviously we're not planning to travel to areas of unrest.
The alternative would be to spend both weeks in Morocco.
Appreciate the input!
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 http://eremaxadvice.com/phallyx/
- 2 Luxury train ride
- 3 Is a riad pool in Marrakech usable in May?
- 4 Safari - Camera / Binoculars
- 5 1.5 hours layover Dubai-enough time?
- 6 Cradle of Humankind
- 7 South Africa planning next Feb/March
- 8 Morocco Working Itinerary
- 9 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 10 Petra from Israel
- 11 Draft itinerary for Morocco
- 12 Vaccinations and Traveling S Africa / Botswana / Seychelles
- 13 Kenya + Seychelles Honeymoon
- 14 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 15 israel tour
- 16 Kenya Vs. tanzania
- 17 Can the Seychelles be done on a budget?
- 18 Family Kenya Safari July 2017
- 19 Safety in Fes
- 20 6 Weeks in South & East Africa - travel advice
- 21 Morocco: Do it yourself, or get a tour company?
- 22 Sim card mainly for data
- 23 Honeymoon - South Africa
- 24 Morocco: no such thing as fixed price in Medina
- 25 August 2017 Travel to Kenya/Tanzania