We just got back to the USA after a full fun and educational filled week in Jordan. We will post a trip report later in the week - but wanted to post a quick note about Jordan now.
Don't believe all the news about protests in Jordan. There was 1 very small protest in Amman while we were there and it had no affect on tourists.
The Jordanian's are very friendly and if we had time we would go right back for 2 more weeks. Tourism is down by about 80% at the moment thanks to all the bad press and the issues in neighboring countries. When we were at Petra there should have been thousands of tourists there as its the peak season - but there were only a few hundred. Good for us as it wasn't crowded - bad for the Jordanians who depend on tourism for a livelihood.
If you have ever thought about seeing Jordan - go now!
We booked our tour through Lady Egypt and were very happy. They worked with Desert Horizon securing an english speaking driver and setting up our private tour. Our driver and new friend Youssef was fantastic - we highly recommend him. Youssef is very friendly and knows a great deal about Jordan and it's history. Anyway more about Youssef and our trip in a few days!!!
Steve and Andrea
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 세븐바카라→♣【SC7000.COM】♣←아시아카지노
- 2 what makes it proprietary to them
- 3 A First Journey to Southern Africa: Cape, Falls, and Animal Safaris
- 4 3 weeks in Uganda - Our Experience
- 5 East African Visa Beware!!!
- 6 Suggestions Apprciated
- 7 Giraffe in Kruger national park
- 8 Morocco – November, 2015 - Self Drive
- 9 Lion Sands River Lodge or Narina Lodge
- 10 help with itinerary please
- 11 South African tour operators
- 12 First time safari question
- 13 To drive or not to drive - need itinerary advice
- 14 Help choosing Safari in Botswana
- 15 Trip to Kenya in August 2016
- 16 Never use Travelust Safaris!
- 17 Swala Safaris
- 18 Safety at Sharm el sheikh and St Catherine's
- 19 Dubai
- 20 FloShuttle. from Ben Gurion airport
- 21 Driving from Jo-burg to Hazyview
- 22 Back in Iran again-just 11 days, help!
- 23 6 Days in the Danakil Depression - An Experience of a Life Time!
- 24 Help with last minute planning VFalls/Kruger/CapeTown
- 25 Etosha help