We just got back to the USA after a full fun and educational filled week in Jordan. We will post a trip report later in the week - but wanted to post a quick note about Jordan now.
Don't believe all the news about protests in Jordan. There was 1 very small protest in Amman while we were there and it had no affect on tourists.
The Jordanian's are very friendly and if we had time we would go right back for 2 more weeks. Tourism is down by about 80% at the moment thanks to all the bad press and the issues in neighboring countries. When we were at Petra there should have been thousands of tourists there as its the peak season - but there were only a few hundred. Good for us as it wasn't crowded - bad for the Jordanians who depend on tourism for a livelihood.
If you have ever thought about seeing Jordan - go now!
We booked our tour through Lady Egypt and were very happy. They worked with Desert Horizon securing an english speaking driver and setting up our private tour. Our driver and new friend Youssef was fantastic - we highly recommend him. Youssef is very friendly and knows a great deal about Jordan and it's history. Anyway more about Youssef and our trip in a few days!!!
Steve and Andrea
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 purchased now bought countless headquartered
- 2 Rabat opinion and prices in Rabat + video
- 3 Good experience with Flarian in Dubai
- 4 Flooding at Ngamba Island
- 5 Advice, please: Addo Elephant Park to Cape Town AIrport on Garden Route
- 6 Insect Repellent
- 7 Feedback on Victoria Falls visit please
- 8 First Attempt South Africa Itinerary - Advice Please
- 9 Israel in April - itinerary help
- 10 Help Us With Our Trip to Morocco
- 11 house exchange
- 12 TRIP REPORT – 5 fantastic weeks in South Africa, Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe) and Mauritius
- 13 casablanca airport taxis
- 14 Is it Possible to Buy Advance Tickets to the Hassan 2 Mosque?
- 15 Keep watching the news and DON'T believe my trip report
- 16 Now is a GREAT time to visit Egypt! (Trip Report)
- 17 Marrakech, Demnate, Essaouira on slow
- 18 Which Would you Recommend as an Outdoor Day trip from Marrakech?-Imlil or Cascades d'Ouzod
- 19 Tiberias with kids
- 20 Lion World
- 21 East Africa Safari 1st Time- Summer 2016
- 22 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 23 Kgalagadi Transfrontier NP
- 24 Mpumalanga visit
- 25 safe areas to go on safari