We just got back to the USA after a full fun and educational filled week in Jordan. We will post a trip report later in the week - but wanted to post a quick note about Jordan now.
Don't believe all the news about protests in Jordan. There was 1 very small protest in Amman while we were there and it had no affect on tourists.
The Jordanian's are very friendly and if we had time we would go right back for 2 more weeks. Tourism is down by about 80% at the moment thanks to all the bad press and the issues in neighboring countries. When we were at Petra there should have been thousands of tourists there as its the peak season - but there were only a few hundred. Good for us as it wasn't crowded - bad for the Jordanians who depend on tourism for a livelihood.
If you have ever thought about seeing Jordan - go now!
We booked our tour through Lady Egypt and were very happy. They worked with Desert Horizon securing an english speaking driver and setting up our private tour. Our driver and new friend Youssef was fantastic - we highly recommend him. Youssef is very friendly and knows a great deal about Jordan and it's history. Anyway more about Youssef and our trip in a few days!!!
Steve and Andrea
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 강남카지노 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 3 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 4 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 5 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 6 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 7 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 8 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 9 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 10 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 11 Safari in South Africa
- 12 City Day guides and Sahara adventure
- 13 November Safari Help: Botswana or Kruger?
- 14 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 15 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 16 Sabi Sands Savanna Private Reserve vs Timbavati Motswari Game Lodge
- 17 Victoria Falls (Zimbabwe and Zambia) - Travel Report
- 18 Safari travel agent suggestions?
- 19 Straight through to Kenya or layover?
- 20 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 21 Advise on Hotel stay and attractions visit in Casablanca
- 22 Experience of using Namibia Tracks and Trails
- 23 Transfer time at JNB Intl. airport
- 24 Sabi Sands areavs Motswari Timbavati area
- 25 Kilimanjaro Tour Operators