We just got back to the USA after a full fun and educational filled week in Jordan. We will post a trip report later in the week - but wanted to post a quick note about Jordan now.
Don't believe all the news about protests in Jordan. There was 1 very small protest in Amman while we were there and it had no affect on tourists.
The Jordanian's are very friendly and if we had time we would go right back for 2 more weeks. Tourism is down by about 80% at the moment thanks to all the bad press and the issues in neighboring countries. When we were at Petra there should have been thousands of tourists there as its the peak season - but there were only a few hundred. Good for us as it wasn't crowded - bad for the Jordanians who depend on tourism for a livelihood.
If you have ever thought about seeing Jordan - go now!
We booked our tour through Lady Egypt and were very happy. They worked with Desert Horizon securing an english speaking driver and setting up our private tour. Our driver and new friend Youssef was fantastic - we highly recommend him. Youssef is very friendly and knows a great deal about Jordan and it's history. Anyway more about Youssef and our trip in a few days!!!
Steve and Andrea
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Itinerary Ideas
- 2 Tanzania Itinerary help
- 3 planning first safari to Tanzania ... feeling overwhelmed
- 4 Trip Report: Tanzania Northern Circuit Safari with Earthlife Expeditions
- 5 Help with Israel Trip (First Timers): Some Basic Questions
- 6 Our Magic Carpet Ride-Marrakesh!
- 7 Tel Aviv-Haifa: gifts and presents. Any ideas?
- 8 Plan To Travel To Tanzania?
- 9 An Ugandan Urge- Gorillas & Chimps in the midst
- 10 Narrowing down my 10 day itinerary
- 11 Where do I even start planning my SA safari?
- 12 Kenya/Tanzania
- 13 Dubai first time
- 14 2 nights in Dubai
- 15 16 hours in Qatar
- 16 Petra from Israel
- 17 Nine months to Egypt (but you should go now)
- 18 A South African in Lusaka
- 19 Packing for trip to Tanzania
- 20 Need tour operator for Tanzania and Kenya
- 21 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 22 RETURN TO BOTSWANA, PLUS JOHANNESBURG, 2017
- 23 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 24 Safari suggestions
- 25 Best places to eat in Egypt?