We just got back to the USA after a full fun and educational filled week in Jordan. We will post a trip report later in the week - but wanted to post a quick note about Jordan now.
Don't believe all the news about protests in Jordan. There was 1 very small protest in Amman while we were there and it had no affect on tourists.
The Jordanian's are very friendly and if we had time we would go right back for 2 more weeks. Tourism is down by about 80% at the moment thanks to all the bad press and the issues in neighboring countries. When we were at Petra there should have been thousands of tourists there as its the peak season - but there were only a few hundred. Good for us as it wasn't crowded - bad for the Jordanians who depend on tourism for a livelihood.
If you have ever thought about seeing Jordan - go now!
We booked our tour through Lady Egypt and were very happy. They worked with Desert Horizon securing an english speaking driver and setting up our private tour. Our driver and new friend Youssef was fantastic - we highly recommend him. Youssef is very friendly and knows a great deal about Jordan and it's history. Anyway more about Youssef and our trip in a few days!!!
Steve and Andrea
Just got back from a week in Jordan
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 trip report, morocco
- 2 SATURDAYS IN JERUSALEM
- 3 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 4 Seeking Itinerary Routing for 3 week SA Trip
- 5 Help needed with itinerary for 2 weeks in Morocco
- 6 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 7 Kirawira vs. Serengeti Serena
- 8 Anyone had to disembark the aircraft in Dakar enroute to Jo'burg?
- 9 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 10 16 Days in South Africa (Victoria Falls, Zimbawe & Botswana)
- 11 Morocco for 2 nights
- 12 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 13 MOROCCO SOLO
- 14 Draft itinerary - Portugal, Spain, Morocco
- 15 February vs March in Tanzania - Dueling Trip Reports
- 16 Looking for out of the way places
- 17 Morocco on the road: trip report
- 18 Help: 4 days, 3 nights in (or our of) Johannesburg
- 19 Tanzania Safari
- 20 Sabi Sands camps
- 21 AHLA Tanzania Mt. Kilimanjaro & Safari 4 days
- 22 Maldives, Seychelles or Mauritius??
- 23 Photos from Sept 2013 Safari to Uganda
- 24 First Time in Israel Tour Suggestions
- 25 East Africa summer 2014