Please find below our tentative itinerary for Southern Africa in early September this year and will appreciate any suggestions or inputs that you may have.
Day 1: Arrival in Johannesburg (7am) & then take a flight to Victoria Falls; Take a Zambezi sunset cruise this afternoon
Day 2: Visit Victoria Falls; Take helicopter flight; Walk with Lions
Day 3: Jet Boat at lower Zambezi (only if it brings views of Vic Falls from below) in the morning; Flight to Johannesburg; Overnight at Airport Hotel
Day 4-7: Fly to Nelusprit and start 4 nights in Sabi Sands game reserves
Day 8: Transfer to Nelusprit this afternoon and fly to Cape Town. Relax this evening
Day 9-10: 2 days HOHO bus travel to visit Table Mountains, Bot. Gardens & other city attractions
Day 11: Hire Car and do peninsula self-drive to cape point in day. Last night in Cape Town
Day 12: Drive to Hermanus (via Betty’s Bay penguin colony) for whale watching. May drive to De Kelders too; overnight at Hermanus
Day 13: Drive to Franschhoek and spend the day there. Drive in the evening to Stellanbosch for overnight stay
Day 14: Spend the last full day at Stellanbosch
Day 15: Drive this morning from Stellanbosch to Cape Town Airport for 10:45am flight back to Singapore
As Victoria Falls start to dry up later in the September & Cape Town tens to warm up later in the September so we though it would be best to start at Victoria Falls and end at Cape Town. Any idea about activities and sight would be very welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Itinerary Review: Vic Falls, Kruger + Cape Town this September
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Dubai - to go or not to go?
- 2 We're going to Jordan and Israel
- 3 Connect Hemisphere Safaris - BEWARE: Fraudulent, Incompetent
- 4 Yet another Kruger private reserve budget lodge post + Blyde Canyon
- 5 Choosing Between Africa Odyssey, Africa Adventure Company, & andBeyond
- 6 South Africa escorted tour - your comments please!
- 7 Choosing A Morocco Tour Operator?
- 8 Proposed Zambia Itinerary Update
- 9 Anyone going to Tanzania soon ?
- 10 need private tour guide for Jordan
- 11 Saudi Arabia and Oman?
- 12 Best time to go to South Africa?
- 13 Uganda Travel Planning
- 14 Israel and Jordan
- 15 Green Season Safari Questions
- 16 Tour of Morocco, is this a good one?
- 17 Tel Aviv Special Occasion Restaurant
- 18 Safari and Beach Honeymoon in September
- 19 Ethiopia Omo valley tour(March 21-28)- Need a travel partner
- 20 Northern Circuit tour company
- 21 Delta trip Aug/28-9/10 Sooooo excited!!
- 22 Oman Trip Report
- 23 Family Itinerary - would welcome advice/opinion
- 24 A Look Back
- 25 Morocco photo gallery and tourist attractions