Please find below our tentative itinerary for Southern Africa in early September this year and will appreciate any suggestions or inputs that you may have.
Day 1: Arrival in Johannesburg (7am) & then take a flight to Victoria Falls; Take a Zambezi sunset cruise this afternoon
Day 2: Visit Victoria Falls; Take helicopter flight; Walk with Lions
Day 3: Jet Boat at lower Zambezi (only if it brings views of Vic Falls from below) in the morning; Flight to Johannesburg; Overnight at Airport Hotel
Day 4-7: Fly to Nelusprit and start 4 nights in Sabi Sands game reserves
Day 8: Transfer to Nelusprit this afternoon and fly to Cape Town. Relax this evening
Day 9-10: 2 days HOHO bus travel to visit Table Mountains, Bot. Gardens & other city attractions
Day 11: Hire Car and do peninsula self-drive to cape point in day. Last night in Cape Town
Day 12: Drive to Hermanus (via Betty’s Bay penguin colony) for whale watching. May drive to De Kelders too; overnight at Hermanus
Day 13: Drive to Franschhoek and spend the day there. Drive in the evening to Stellanbosch for overnight stay
Day 14: Spend the last full day at Stellanbosch
Day 15: Drive this morning from Stellanbosch to Cape Town Airport for 10:45am flight back to Singapore
As Victoria Falls start to dry up later in the September & Cape Town tens to warm up later in the September so we though it would be best to start at Victoria Falls and end at Cape Town. Any idea about activities and sight would be very welcome.
Thanks in advance.
Itinerary Review: Vic Falls, Kruger + Cape Town this September
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Kenya and Tanzania Trip Planning Help
- 2 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 3 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 4 Charity begins at Home!
- 5 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 6 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 7 Sun Safaris
- 8 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 9 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 10 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 11 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 12 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 13 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 14 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia
- 15 Tour to Morocco
- 16 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 17 Camping in Erg Chebbi -- are there bathrooms???
- 18 Where should one seek adventure in Jerusalem?
- 19 Value for money, must eat restaurant in Tel Aviv?
- 20 Safari in Kenya & Tanzania - A report on Camps, Parks, Tips, Packing, Photo, Money & more.
- 21 Photographic Magazine's Top 10 Tips For Shooting On Safari...
- 22 Has anyone used "toursbylocals.com"?
- 23 Uganda again
- 24 November at victoria falls
- 25 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking