This is a follow-up to another question I posted on this forum and received wonderful tips and help from. I have decided to spend 6 nights of our Africa trip in Botswana on safari. We are considering spending the first week of April 2017 in Botswana after a week in South Africa and ending with a few days in Johannesburg. SO my question is where should we stay and during this time of year? Are there certain camps less convenient because of the flooding(we will have to drive through water delay our safaris) or certain areas where activities will be limited? Also, how should we break up the trip? 3 nights (perhaps near the Okavango Delta) and 3 nights in Chobe?-- we were hoping to do three nights in a wet/water camp and one dry camp to have some scene change and different opportunities. I have been looking either doing andBeyond (sandibe okavango and chobe savute under canvas-- which i would love to hear reviews of the latter it looks a bit simple and low on amenities, which is not to say that rules this out. We are here to see the animals-- so if the experience is worth forgoing traditional showers and some of the luxuries offered at other camps, we are up for it-- just curious what peoples thoughts are), Sanctuary Retreats(Chiefs camp and their Chobe property), or DumaTau paired with a different camp in the delta. Are we missing other areas? I am leaning more towards andBeyond or Sanctuary over Wilderness because of the deals they offer for long stays and have camps in both locations. I have been on safari in East Africa, but my future husband (this will be our honeymoon) has never been so I really want him to see as many animals as possible so any advice on the best areas to see the animals or specific camps that are best for viewing, best guides etc would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Route planning and advice visiting Southern Africa by car.
- 2 South Africa Kgalagadi & Kruger back-to-back in 2016
- 3 March Trip to South Africa -- Need Quick Guidance Please!
- 4 Alexandria
- 5 Dubai in 36 hours
- 6 good internet connection option Meknes
- 7 A very belated TR - South of Namibia with Kgalagadi
- 8 South Africa trip report
- 9 Marrakesh - Expenses
- 10 Can gay people travel safely in Morocco?
- 11 Morocco Trip End of April - itinerary help please!
- 12 First time Safari - any comments on Wild Wings/Taga Safari companies?
- 13 Mombasa recomendations please
- 14 Private tours in Morocco
- 15 Kings Pool vs. Duma Tau
- 16 Hotels for Victoria falls
- 17 First time to Africa-need help!
- 18 How do I know if a company is legit
- 19 Point and Shoot camera for a Kenyan Safari
- 20 Question about Yellow Fever certificate
- 21 The Heat and Dust of Kafue & the Busanga Plains
- 22 Has anyone used this company in Uganda
- 23 Jewish tour Casablanca
- 24 Kenyan Safari Spending Money
- 25 Ethiopian security