This is a follow-up to another question I posted on this forum and received wonderful tips and help from. I have decided to spend 6 nights of our Africa trip in Botswana on safari. We are considering spending the first week of April 2017 in Botswana after a week in South Africa and ending with a few days in Johannesburg. SO my question is where should we stay and during this time of year? Are there certain camps less convenient because of the flooding(we will have to drive through water delay our safaris) or certain areas where activities will be limited? Also, how should we break up the trip? 3 nights (perhaps near the Okavango Delta) and 3 nights in Chobe?-- we were hoping to do three nights in a wet/water camp and one dry camp to have some scene change and different opportunities. I have been looking either doing andBeyond (sandibe okavango and chobe savute under canvas-- which i would love to hear reviews of the latter it looks a bit simple and low on amenities, which is not to say that rules this out. We are here to see the animals-- so if the experience is worth forgoing traditional showers and some of the luxuries offered at other camps, we are up for it-- just curious what peoples thoughts are), Sanctuary Retreats(Chiefs camp and their Chobe property), or DumaTau paired with a different camp in the delta. Are we missing other areas? I am leaning more towards andBeyond or Sanctuary over Wilderness because of the deals they offer for long stays and have camps in both locations. I have been on safari in East Africa, but my future husband (this will be our honeymoon) has never been so I really want him to see as many animals as possible so any advice on the best areas to see the animals or specific camps that are best for viewing, best guides etc would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 ESET@ Installation renewal CONTACT ☎18006817208 ESET Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 2 ESET@ Installation renewal CONTACT ☎18006817208 ESET Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 3 ESET@ Installation renewal CONTACT ☎18006817208 ESET Tec*h supp0rt 24/7
- 4 Cape Town & wine country in July? Help...
- 5 Current Recs for Driver/Guide in Morocco
- 6 11 days...Jordan and Israel ...help with itinerary
- 7 11 days Jordan and Israel...need help with planning
- 8 Safety issues driving the Garden Route in South Africa?
- 9 Other than car rental how to get to Kruger from Johannesburg?
- 10 Late August Cape Town/Safari/Vic Falls Advice Wanted
- 11 Safari in Kruger National Park
- 12 Marrakech
- 13 Moroccan Camel Safari
- 14 Accommodation in Cape Town
- 15 Abu Dhabi overnight stay
- 16 Babies Galore: Kenya in April
- 17 Audley Travel
- 18 Can "European" plugs be used in South Africa?
- 19 what kind of plug adapters to use in south africa
- 20 Israel Trip - Very Early Planning Stage
- 21 A Little Trick for Converting Centigrade to Fahrenheit
- 22 nearby game lodge from Johannesburg
- 23 Lower Zambezi vs. Northern So. Luangwa
- 24 Africa – after 10 years of waiting – an amazing and wondrous journey.
- 25 Safari in South Africa