This is a follow-up to another question I posted on this forum and received wonderful tips and help from. I have decided to spend 6 nights of our Africa trip in Botswana on safari. We are considering spending the first week of April 2017 in Botswana after a week in South Africa and ending with a few days in Johannesburg. SO my question is where should we stay and during this time of year? Are there certain camps less convenient because of the flooding(we will have to drive through water delay our safaris) or certain areas where activities will be limited? Also, how should we break up the trip? 3 nights (perhaps near the Okavango Delta) and 3 nights in Chobe?-- we were hoping to do three nights in a wet/water camp and one dry camp to have some scene change and different opportunities. I have been looking either doing andBeyond (sandibe okavango and chobe savute under canvas-- which i would love to hear reviews of the latter it looks a bit simple and low on amenities, which is not to say that rules this out. We are here to see the animals-- so if the experience is worth forgoing traditional showers and some of the luxuries offered at other camps, we are up for it-- just curious what peoples thoughts are), Sanctuary Retreats(Chiefs camp and their Chobe property), or DumaTau paired with a different camp in the delta. Are we missing other areas? I am leaning more towards andBeyond or Sanctuary over Wilderness because of the deals they offer for long stays and have camps in both locations. I have been on safari in East Africa, but my future husband (this will be our honeymoon) has never been so I really want him to see as many animals as possible so any advice on the best areas to see the animals or specific camps that are best for viewing, best guides etc would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 Southern Africa or Tanzania/Kenya for August 2018 Family Trip
- 2 Shimba Hills Mombasa Kenya Would This Works As A Day Trip From A Cruise?
- 3 Lady Liuwa no more !!
- 4 4th Safari with Warrior Trails in 2016
- 5 4 Interesting African Traditional Wedding Customs
- 6 Gamewatchers are great for helping plan
- 7 Family4Travels to Israel & Petra -matzos, mezze and Menachem!!
- 8 Women's wear for Dubai?
- 9 Dubai Guide
- 10 Solo/female/40's US traveler req tour operator recommendations
- 11 Trip Report: Madagascar and Rwanda
- 12 Cape Town/ Wineland Tour
- 13 Bush plane luggage (again)
- 14 Loldia House Kenya
- 15 rekero and encounter mara vehicles
- 16 Alexandria
- 17 kicheche compared to porini
- 18 best bag to get for fly in safari in kenya
- 19 Planning Tanzania trip-how many months?
- 20 Chefchaouen Report
- 21 Tracking Gorillas
- 22 Garden Route itinerary
- 23 A South African in Lusaka
- 24 Lag b'Omer: Tel Aviv - Meron after shabbat: how?
- 25 Familiarization Trip in Tanzania