I am planning a trip to S.Africa and Botswana in August 2009 and plan to visit Victoria Falls for 2 nights. My husband does not want to stay on the Zimbabwe side. I understand at that time of year we would need to cross into Zimbabwe to see the falls as it is pretty dry on the Zamabian side. Someone mentioned it might take hours of waiting to cross between the two countries. Does any have any experience with this? Has anyone taken a helicopter ride over the falls and if so how was that. Would we get a good feel for the falls from the helicopter if we couldn't see it from the Zimbabwe side on the ground?
Help - Victoria Falls
Recent ActivityView all Africa & the Middle East activity »
- 1 12 hours layover in Cairo
- 2 Around Morocco - Lahcen Boujouija
- 3 Morroco Travel Guide
- 4 What a wonderful holiday in Kenya!!
- 5 Side trip from Kigali Rwanda
- 6 Long layover at Hamad Airport, Doha
- 7 First trip to Africa in December-January
- 8 Tanzania or Kenya in October
- 9 MAGICAL, MEZMERIZING MOROCCO (Revised)
- 10 What company for gorilla trekking?
- 11 Embarrassing question about gorilla tracking
- 12 Nairobi Airport Layover
- 13 Child friendly holiday house or apartment in Cape Town (repeat request)
- 14 Uganda/Rwanda - trip report and lots of information for independent travel
- 15 Interesting and uncommon stuff to do in Tel Aviv?
- 16 New regulations for parents traveling to or in South Africa with children
- 17 Overnight train Marrakech - Tangiers the same day of return flight
- 18 Charity begins at Home!
- 19 Sun Safaris
- 20 Advice: soft luggage for S. Africa safari w/small planes
- 21 Small Tented Camp under $350USD in Kenya??
- 22 2 Weeks In Iran: So Far Away From The Clichés!
- 23 Just back from our Chobe and Delta trip-WOW,WOW, WOW!
- 24 Looking for a travel partner for photography trip to Africa
- 25 Morocco and Algeria or Tunisia